Crafting Wishlist - Underutilized Ingredients

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Please consider making Dead Bodies salvagable for resources.

There are over 200 animal bones in the human body, also corpse wax, rotting flesh, maybe even some generic or rotting meat. Plenty of options for what to do with the excess human bodies some of us are piling up.

...on a side note, you have no idea how happy it made me to be able to make this request and type all that out while being semi serious. :)

2. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Sorry I did not read all preceding posts, but I would like to take salt and pecans and make roast salted pecans.

Elgarion, Sorgin Txakal and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Mixing normal things together to make common things helps the odd things have more odd flavor, of which they were meant to be odd, but unless something normal is presented, then what's odd cannot be odd.
    ~Time Lord~ Approves!

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Elven hilt - 3 Dex, 3% crit chance (the bad one) compared to Mossy handles - 100 health, 0.5 health regen (huge). Maybe balance the T1, T2, T3 crafting mats.

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Okie doke, almost all animal processing recipes will provide bone, sinew, and fat for R92. Not fish just yet in case we'll go a different direction with additives to their butchering. Maybe some fish oil or something.

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Elgarion "the magnificent" :D
    *Time Lord shamelessly puckers up*

Any of these byproducts could fit in well as "Agriculture Fertilizers". They could even be "combined" to make more potent agriculture fertilizers.

We could go American Indian style and use the fish by products you mentioned, or both with differing yield impact effects from each. One could more enhance seed recovery, while the other enhances yield. Bait is another such thing these could enhance and what types of bate yield.

[​IMG]
    Currently through Recipe... it's there but not ...
    Like when our current message "0/1 Optional Fertilizer" comes up when planting plants each individually through recipe.

Mass Feralization is not what I'm referring to.

This would be a great thing for the small common player to better compete.
    Of course if a Mega-Farmer wanted to plant each plant through the same prosses, they could (our sota agriculture axiom, "effort = reward"), they could plant each plant one by one and achieve the same results, yet this is not what Mega-Farmers are all about. But for the player growing their own regs or other needed crops, this would complement the self sufficiency through recycling play style.

[​IMG]

*Epic developer boot licking achievement unlocked*
    :D~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    FBohler and Elgarion like this.
  7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Oh ya, they'd be great for fertilizer. Agriculture is on my radar but I've yet to dive into it. Not too far off I suppose.

FBohler, Sorgin Txakal and Time Lord like this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Since you put the Letters and Numbers in the coto store so you could buy them one at a time ...my wish.... PROSPERITY TOOLS. I never got the chance to get all the tools before they were put in bundles. I do not and cannot afford to buy bundles. Especially since each bundle has tools that i already have. And i dont want to have to pay cotos to make them tradeable. So it would be nice to be able to buy them individually again. I need 7 tools to have a complete set of prosperity
    Thanks

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Having just harvested a batch of coconuts trying to yield their decorative plants they could do with being added to a cooking recipe or two as they're of little use beyond the wearable coconut which can be sufficiently supplied via foraging the odd one here or there.

FBohler, Elgarion, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  10. Royou

Royou Avatar

I've been collecting rings and hearts of Vrul to make a better Warlocks Chain than I currently have, but have hit a problem I have all uncommon rings but the rings needed to make the chains of power iron and copper need common, so I can not use them, there needs to be a way to split these down to common or to be able to use these to make an uncommon chain of power, the thought of grinding to collect them again and or hunting around to be able to buy enough to make the chain I want, makes me want to just give up on it.

FBohler and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. Royou

Royou Avatar

Would really like a way to remove socketed gems and jewels from items, or to be able to socket over an already socketed item.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
  12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I have over 1000 aldurite clusters from well of aldur (mainly because i frequently do the daily quest for adlurite).
    Perhaps we can have a recipe (or a few recipes) that use the aldurite clusters?

How about something like what you did for the kobold weapons that were unused quest items? Have a quest/recipe to convert them into a deco item?
    maybe 5 clusters to craft a small crystal node, 10 to craft a large crystal node, and 20 to craft a huge crystal node (all non-harvest-able deco items for indoors or outdoors).
    Example recipe is shown below:

At smelting station:
    1. Aldurite clusters (5 for small node, 10 for large node, 20 for huge node)
    2. Five coal
    3. Optional ingredient: unrefined gem

If no unrefined gem is used, then you get a crystal that looks like aldurite. If you add the unrefined gem, you get a crystal node that looks like the gem that you used.
    For example, add in an amethyst, and you get a purple crystal node.

This would allow players to have crystal deco of all colors and sizes...and it would not require the creation of new graphics...

Anyhow, not sure if this has been suggested before, and I have not seen crystal node deco items...so I thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i thought @Sannio had said there was a limit to how many clusters you could get at a time

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There is. A very small chance to get them and how many you get, per node.

15. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Apparently no limit on what you can carry...

[​IMG]

FBohler likes this.
  16. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

There's no limit to how many Aldurite Crystal Clusters you can have in your inventory. The same goes for Aldurite Crystal Fragments, there's no limit.

FBohler, Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  17. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Pristine Spider Legs only used for spider leg cloak. How about being used for crafting deco spiders? Or for a new higher power food buff?
    vj

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I reallllly like this idea and I second the notion for use with arcane catalysts from sieges, of which I have a similar overabundance, could follow same methodology to make some sort of static glowy magicky deco ball in various colors.

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just keep in mind, what you have thousands and thousands of, isn’t the case with everyone playing the game. People often forget that point of perspective….

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe a new potion recipe that uses Arcane Catalyst as an ingredient?