Taming Passives feel too slow to grind

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Okay, so first off, I know the taming skills and passives cost much less experience than they should, and that there was a 4x time to train put into them to compensate, but as I recently did another full respec, this training speed seems a bit too slow.

With a 100m experience pool, and training 6 passives at a time, it took about 1 hour to get 3 of them from lv 2 to lv 40. After this, I decided to train them 1 at a time, and it takes way too long even training a single passive at a time.

This might make taming seem inaccessible to new players, I know in my case it's been feeling way too slow, so maybe consider reducing that modifier a little bit please?

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Violet Ronso
    It was mentioned in the last Release Notes that -
    but I've trained many skills over the past 6yrs with large xp pools and I agree with you.

That is WAY to long to get to lvl 40. :eek:

Chris needs to back off the (apparently radical) changes he made to Taming in this regard.
    It will be a detriment to new tamers for sure.

And this is coming from somebody whose taming tree is full of 140's, so my comments here are not for my sake.... ;)

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah, I know it was mentioned, but I feel like its a bit too slow, considering I was using a Potion of Guidance while doing it! In my case IF he changes it, it'll be too late for me to benefit from it anyways :p I just feel like it might be rough for anyone else who would want to get into taming!

FrostII and Micmatty like this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I've never understood why there's a need to even have 2 different xp transfer caps on most skills. Having a second cap based on the level of the skill makes sense for things like masterwork and enchantment so that you can't just skip all the crafting and use of resources, but for ordinary skills, I don't see any reason why the pool based cap isn't sufficient on it's own.

edit: Actually, a skill specific xp transfer cap equal to the amount of xp required to reach the next skill level would be pretty sweet. Then you could still skill up quickly with a big enough pool, but you would still have control over your skill level in cases where your pool is so massive that you don't want to allocate that much.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just add the lost vale buff to speed it up a tad bit more. ;) I am SOOOOOO GLADDDDDD I trained taming before the taming nerfs as of late.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Update on this, due to breaking my promise I made myself to not respec ever again, I decided to train the taming passives again... here is 4 hours of casting Heal Creature on cooldown (which is pretty much one of the fastest ways to train those passives unless I'm missing something). I had almost 20m experience pooled up for this, but no training speed buffs this time :

Combat training : 80 - 98
    Pet Speed & Pet Strength : 40 - 69 (nice)
    Concentration, Refresh, Taunt, Precision, Toughness : 1 - 56

4 hours, non stop, for that. Seriously, this is bad, very bad. I understand that they cost 4x less experience, but still, this is VERY slow...

FrostII likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Re-uptade, took 16 hours TOTAL to get all these passives listed to GM, casting heal creature on cooldown.

@Elgarion @DavidDC

could you guys check this please? It's way too long...

FrostII and Elrond like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Now imagine a newer player who doesn't know the "shortcuts" to "ease the pain" of training Taming, and who doesn't have a 20mill pool .
    It's 50% slower than "normal"......
    This is the type of massive nerf that causes newer players to throw up their hands and say screw this........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.