Food Wishlist - Ingredient/Buff Ideas for Food

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Feb 19, 2021.

1. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Yes last night on QA

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This was a very good catch. I had about 6 more hours of work to do for the butchery recipes, but got it all done. Nice though, now I know all the nuances for the refining recipe designs and my research for component work is now partially done too. This oddly was my first venture into refining recipes and they work very differently and are much more complex. VERY good nudge, thank you :) Thank you :)

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Is Chris working you too hard :)

I suppose you enjoy it.

4. Elgarion

Love the job, more so now that I don't have the weekly updates to worry about which was pretty much the only thing that stressed me out. And most especially I love the team. And you guys. And pizza. Chris is a great boss and is very considerate of each team members needs and issues. :)

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Smelling Salts- these aren't really useful. I mean, technically, they will break you out of a Mesmerize or Confusion. But the mobs can spam those skills all day long, while the Salts have a 30 second cool down. So you use it once, break the mez/confusion, and then when the next one hits (usually within 2-3 seconds of using the salts to get out) you're basically stuck there (or dealing with mixed up WASD keys) until the cooldown expires. It would be nice if either the cooldown was reduced to something that makes them actually useful in combat, or if the salts maybe gave a 20 second resistance against mez/confusion.

Net, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  6. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I have a 2 questions from the update you provided us.

• Ebon Dawns
      • Can we please get dungeon spawners for these?
    • Cabalist
      • Can we please get dungeon spawners for these?

7. Net

Net Avatar

Given how much ingredients I have for some food, I think it would be nice if we could get tiered food, like we have artifacts (and potions). And the higher tier food versions could have maybe slightly longer duration or better buff.
    For example:
    4 × Baked Trout (edible?) + salt or seasoning or whatever consumable => 1 Baked Trout, Savory
    4 × Baked Trout, Savory + consumable => 1 × Baked Trout, Delicious
    4 × Baked Trout, Delicious + consumable => 1 × Baked Trout, Superb
    4(2) × Baked Trout, Superb + consumable => 1 × Baked Trout, Exquisite

Margaritte and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  8. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I like this idea, they have something like this in World of Warcraft where you have 4 meals blended together to make a feast.

Currently we have 3 tier type food. 3 Points food, 2 Point Food and 1 Point Food.

Why cant we combine all those point food to make a 6 Point food. But it can only be of the same type. Say you make the Focus points food you combine all of them to make a 6 points Focus food. Elgarion has categorised all the food to sub types, all he needs is work out a formula for combining them together.

Net and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  9. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Just wanted to throw this out there since you are making Unicorn Carcasses @Elgarion. Maybe make Nightmare carcasses as well while you are at it for a food use down the road?

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  10. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Can you check some of the food and drinks, they cannot be put on the non combat deck?

Elven Brandy
    25 Year Whiskey
    2 year Whiskey
    Decorated Cupcake
    Elderberry Creamcheese Sugardrops
    Petit Fours
    Thumbprint Cookies

These are what I use that can be put on my bar.

Elgarion and Net like this.
  11. Elgarion

Jotting this down :) I'll try to run through all foods at once to make sure that's available, shortly.

Time Lord and Wilfred like this.
  12. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I used to play World of Warcraft and I also play Diablo 3 as a filler for this game. They have a few mechanic that I think we could look into.

Gem conversion - In D3 they have gems like we have gem for each school and as a player you often have more of the gems that does work with you build and they accurate. D3 has a feature that uses gold sink to convert a particular gem to another using an Essence of type of gem you want to convert.

Say I needed Diamond gemstone but I have excess amount of Emerald gemstone that are currently useless to my build. D3 allows you to buy say Essence of Diamond for good amount of gold and use say 10 Emerald Gemstone to convert that into Diamond Gemstone. This recipe could be added to the Alchemy table.

These idea theme could be use to convent other items players accumulate too of.

-----

Reforging Gear stats.

I don't know if we are capable doing this as it is very complicated process. You create a gear but you are not happy with the outcome usually we trash them because we deem them useless.
    How about we make more use of the Obsidian forge 10k Obsidian chip to randomly convert the stats/skills in your gear.

STR, DEX, INT, FOCUS and Health. If you only managed to get one of this in your gear when you take it to the obsidian forge you randomly get one of the opposite, Say you had Normal Dex (2) on your roll when you take it to the forge it will randomly select INT, STR, Focus or Health for you. Each reforge is 10k chip or more depending how expensive the devs want it to be it does not matter(You could also added Ancient Essenes) Just make it very expensive.

The reforge only work for the same type.
    Damage resistance for Damage Avoidance and anything that relate to that type of stats.
    Skill Type for Skill type
    So basically when selecting skill whether it's Masterworking skill or Enchantment skills each one I believe has it's variant group type. So the forge will not save you if you make a bad gear there nothing that can save you for that. But if you made a reasonable gear and you had one stat or skill that you would like opposite of you could use the forge to salvage the gear at great cost. You cannot remove masterwork or enchantment nor failures.

This should not be a thing a player is going to be doing all the time this will mostly be done when you have that piece of gear that you believe you can save rather than throw away.

Its a complex system not sure if we can do this.

What do people think will that cause power creep or just a bad idea? I like to know what you think.

Wilfred, Time Lord and Elgarion like this.
  13. Elgarion

There'll definitely be imbued gem recipes shortly, as for converting 1 gem to another type. Perhaps one day and at a cost perhaps (time saver, but requires a gold sink item maybe). Personally I think it supports gathering if you go to places that have each gem type to obtain them, rather than just going to 1 favorite that has the most, then convert to whatever you needed.

I want to give the Obsidian Forge a lot of love soon, and I do like the reforge concept you've mentioned, but that's certainly some new tech there. I'll continue to listen to ideas etc. I want to give the existing recipes loving, add some more, but I'll continue to listen for ideas about the forge and hopefully get some more things to include going forward.

Wilfred and Time Lord like this.
  14. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Speaking of the obsidian forge, it would be great if there could be high tier obsidian arrows. Having a variety of craftable arrows with different effects would be a nice gold sink. I bring this up in hopes that someday after we'll be able to craft throwable weapons as well (obsidian shard daggers, obsidian shard bombs).

There is also the possibility of creating obsidian bindings that could be used as a crafting component in leather and chain armor.

Last idea of a use for obsidian chips: Disease is a mentioned but essentially non-existent mechanic in game. Whatever magic the obsidians used to force mutation could possibly be distilled into a disease potion that when applied causes random stat swapping or stat mutations (e.g. +X Health/-X Intelligence, +X Strength/-X Dex, +X Health Regen/-X Focus regen, etc.) for the target until a cure disease potion is used.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Wilfred, Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  15. GenieUK

GenieUK Avatar

Any chance we could get some batch recipes for things like veg stock beef stock, butter, pastry etc like the 12 packs we can do in alchemy.

Elgarion likes this.
  16. Elgarion

I've got it in my notes to do this for cookie dough. So a list of exact names would help as well.

Cookie Dough
    Vegetable Beef Stock
    Butter
    Pastry?

Any others? Perhaps going to just make the recipes produce more with some adjustment to their main ingredients a bit. Not wanting to make 2 versions of every recipe.

Wilfred likes this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Pie dough, probably?

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  18. GenieUK

GenieUK Avatar

Jar of Vegetable Stock, Jar of Beef Stock, Pie Dough

Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  19. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

My recommendation would be to do this for all cooking and brewing components:

• Edelmann Beer Ingredients
    • Perennial Red Wine Ingredients
    • Paladis White Wine Ingredients
    • Brittany Ale Ingredients
    • Harvest Wheat Beer Ingredients
    • 2 Year Whiskey Ingredients
    • 7 Year Whiskey Ingredients
    • 25 Year Whiskey Ingredients
    • Drach Bock Beer Ingredients
    • Jar of Cooking Oil
    • Sack of Flour
    • Sack of Salt
    • Sack of Wheat Grain
    • Salt Cured Pork
    • Wedge of Cheese
    • Clone Jar of Yeast Culture
    • Jar of Vinegar
    • Jar of Beef Stock
    • Hard Boiled Eggs
    • Jar of Vegetable Stock
    • Butter
    • Jar of Nut Butter
    • Pie Dough
    • Crackling and Oil
    • Salt Cured Obsidian Pork

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Waldo Ptolomy, Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  20. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

The new pet gear has been a great success in chewing up some of the Animal Hides that have been stockpiling, but I wonder if they might be also be chewed in a more literal sense. Perhaps a Rawhide pet food? Not sure what the recipe would be, since curing salt would take the "raw" out of "rawhide", and it's not cooked so needs no coal. Maybe like Sack of Wheat to Sack of Flour it could just be a direct conversion? Maybe a "Bag of Rawhide Treats" concept using many hides and a Small Bag?