QA Test Directive: Pet stances icons, Disable chat window, Top right icons

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by DavidDC, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hello guys!

Here some new testing directives for you to check out for today QA patch!

Pet Stances Icons

I have added movement control and pet stances icons next to the pet health bar like shown below. This is a player QOL request from a stream to easily see what you're pet is set on without going in context menu.

[​IMG]

I could explain what the letters are about but i want to see if you guys find it yourself. :)

Disable Chat Window

I added a option in menu under Option -> Interface to disable the chat window completely. This would be useful for streamers or people that just don't want to see the chat for X reason. What need to be tested here is if the chat box show back for whatever reason (like triggering an event, or someone talking to you).

Top right icons

[​IMG]

There also some change in the Window Selector menu, i cleaned up the list and removed items that were already accessible. The report button also changed place and is not a button anymore, instead it will be in the window selector menu on top of it and highlighted. Added a social icon with the number of friend online shown on it. (Icon is expected to get a polish)

Hope you guys enjoy this changes!
    Waiting your feedbacks!

Scanphor, Wilfred, Elgarion and 5 others like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Without patching I will bet the A stands for Aggressive (instead of Defensive or Passive) :D

Elgarion and DavidDC like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@DavidDC After disabling the chat window, I talked to an NPC here in Ardoris, the chat dialog box popped up but there was no text appearing in it when I clicked a keyword and the NPC's response was also not shown.

Some feedback on the new pet icons: could we get the (C) (N) (F) to change color like the (P) (D) (A) ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Elgarion likes this.
  4. DavidDC

The main reason i keep it that color C N F is white if you have pet on follow, then you have Stay and Patrol which turn the character color blue. (Also saw the letter was not correctly formatted like the other, fixed that and should be in next patch)
    They are all part of the same kind of 'function' which is movements and since i didnt want a background of all 5 of them i decided to keep it about that color, the S and P for stay and patrol will have a darker beige background color

Will look into the npc talking thing with disable chat! Thanks

Elgarion, Violet Ronso and Echondas like this.
  5. DavidDC

NPC Invisible conversation will be fix in next patch!

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Confirmed this is fixed in build 1210.

Elgarion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.