1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Possibility of string change for bows/crossbows

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi there! May be you could add in crafting recipes possibility of string change for bows/crossbows? It will be great!

Cowboy Bill likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

As nice as that would be, it's been shot down in the past. Mainly, t3 strings are intentionally rare-ish, and they don't want us making bows with cheap strings, waiting until we get the masterworks and enchants we want, then swapping out the strings for expensive ones

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  3. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I hope if community will support this topic the reputable developers listen to the opinion of the majority and add this recipe. I really hope that wishlist topic is not flood-like topic and readable by developers.

Cowboy Bill likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Thing is, not all the community supports this idea. Gems, jewels, strings, whatever, those are things that shouldn't be removed, it's an item/gold sink, you want a bow with different strings? Craft a new one (or buy a new one).

5. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

But this is wrong! Bowstring change - it is simply operation if take for example real bow. I think need to push up this idea. To get a good bowstring you need to salvage to scrap a lot of elven bows (with high level of carpentry salvaging or/and Obsidian Potion of Reclamation) or learn very expensive and rare recipe(s) and slay a lot of unicorns.

Cowboy Bill likes this.
  6. Cowboy Bill

Cowboy Bill Avatar

I think it makes sense! to just swap out strings! since they are a rare drop and durability has changed quite a bit! perhaps one back instead of 2 on longbow or none back but change string at least on crossbow?

Stealch likes this.
  7. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

All of the new crafting and artifact changes have been to create a purpose fo crafters, changing components supercedes that whole idea. And would infact extend the utility and length of usefulness of a single item. This would be a step backwards from the current objective.

that_shawn_guy and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I'm crafter! And in light of the recent changes with the castration of the bonus for exceptionally crafted items i REAL think than bowstring change MUST HAVE. As a compensation for castrated bonuses. For example i'm not got ANY bonuses for exceptional crossbow. I make 2 same crossbows one of it is exceptional and NO DIFFERENCE between it!!! Here is link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ny-bonus-for-exceptional-crafted-item.168757/

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Exceptionals weren't "castrated", in fact they bumped all the items to have the same durability (or more) than what Exceptionals had, this means that you no longer need to make 10 items to get 3 usable ones, you just need to make 3, this is a HUGE benefit, as you aren't wasting 70% or so of your crafts on poor durability.

10. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

How you think: is this mean totally destroy whole idea of exceptional craft? The EXCEPTIONAL items MUST have bonuses! Why then pump the skill if anyway you do not get any bonus??? This is WRONG!

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Exceptionals get a +1% durability modifier, as well as a bump in experience received from the craft.

You train your skills and push them further so you can get better results in Masterworking and enchanting, as well as a higher chance to successfully land those enchants and masterworks after each successful attempt. All the recent crafting changes have been making a crafters life better and better, you maybe just didn't notice them.

12. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

13. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

WHAT IS BETTER? They just KILL craft!!!! Now better kill mobs for artifacts then craft anything! 1% - this is GOOD bonus? NO WAY! This is a mockery! You spend a lot of materials to get that 1% and is that good and right? I'm strongly disagree with that. For crafters bowstring change give much pluses. And so that every beginner does not set himself a bowstring - make a requirement for this recipe 100 carpentry and 50 enchant, for example.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What is better?

1. All crafted items received 30+ extra base durability, so now you don't need to craft multiple copies for exceptionals to get that durability now.

2. All crafted Items have a higher durability multiplier compared to artifacts

3. Crafted items can be socketed with Imbued gems and jewels, of which artifacts cannot.

4. Masterworking and enchanting chances were recently increased, giving you 100% on your first attempt and 90%+ on your second attempt.

These are all good changes for crafters.

I don't understand the text there, but it is possible you just found a bug where that +1% didn't happen, we just gotta wait and see, but new exceptionals should be getting that +1% since a few releases ago.

15. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

And what you say for this? I craft Big cooking pot (exceptional) and got REGULAR pot with 100 durability!!!!
    This one i craft just now: [​IMG]

And here is the one I created earlier:
    [​IMG]
    SAME with butcher knife!!! REGULAR item!!!!

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Clearly crafted cooking pots were missed when gear was updated. Understandable, given that most tools can't be crafted, and these are outliers. Fill out a bug report. And try to do it without shouting!!

17. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.