Air Shield users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Dec 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did they implement other nerfs as well?

2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I don't know... my SoA still worked normally yesterday.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Already - if firemage use shield of air, he get -30 ATT, the 100-200 dmg tick, and ability to passively agro mobs.

4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Good for fire mages they have an alternative. SoA is going to be pretty much worthless if they implement the changes, so fire mages still get Immolation and the highest DPS in the game.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It seems that mobs are still removing shield of air, so it's looking more and more like my departure is permanent.

Take care everyone.

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

some mobs are suppose to be removing it. they did reduce the number of times though that they cast it so its a lot less frequent then it was. some mages cast torpid and some earth elementals cast root which has a remove. the rest of the mob times are fine from what I see.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The frequency doesn't really matter. Before it was live, I went to The Rise on QA and it only took removing my SoA once for me to see how unfun it was. I really loved this game, and I hopped that they would do something else about SoA, but after a couple months I realized that probably wasn't going to happen.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Doubt you're gonna be happy even in 3 years if you keep poisoning your mood thinking mobs won't cast Torpid Torment anymore, so I'd say either give up officially and don't come back, forget about the game as this mechanic won't be removed (enough people find it fun and engaging for the devs to actually remove it, they toned it down and that's enough), or simply find ways to avoid those Torpid casting mobs, which is actually easy, there are tons of scenes without torpid casting mobs, and enjoy the game you say you loved, still the same game, just gotta do like many others, and find the right scenes for you.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was only looking around because @FrostII had sent me a PM about CotA. I'll try to stay out of your feng shui.

FrostII, FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Yeah I hear you, it does suck compared to none casting before but you are right it will probably be in to stay. They may tweak it over time though if they find that most peoples feed back is similar. The issue with the Rise is the mage room there is enough mages there to keep that pretty much up on you and if not there is enough shooting fireballs that if it drops you pretty much die so I do understand where you are coming from. My own builds I had to adapt a few more things into my decks and even 1 new deck to counter a lot of the changes. Now I have specific decks for certain types of mobs which got me back on track took 2 weeks to sort out and test. I still think I am testing as I am constantly tweaking things. I recommend watching some of the streamer slaying machine types they seem to work around it rather well.

FrostII, Barugon and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.