Artifact Wishlist - Buff Ideas for Artifact Gear

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, May 25, 2021.

1. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Strongly disagree with that. As it is now, this gives crafters a purpose, and incourages gathering and adventuring. Which I believe is the whole idea.

Sara Dreygon, Elgarion, Sarek and 2 others like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like this a lot. I would like to be able to use Earth attunement and the tamer specific gems/jewels.

I don' t see myself ever getting to Earth Attunement of 300 or higher if I have to replace my ring and necklace. If I do I would be over 300 by a tiny bit.

My new build since the devaluation of the light armor taming artifacts brings me into the realm of heavy plate armor and a shield gives me attunement of 244 total. My Earth Spec is 120. My armor is:

Crafted Plate chest with +25 Gaiasm Gem
    Crafted Shield with +25 Gaiasm Gem
    Crafted Mace with +25 Gaiasm Gem
    Crafted Ring with with +12 Gaiasm Jewel
    +15 Gaiasm Blessing

As I am a tamer spec too, I still need to use a few things like a Ring of the Ringmaster to boost my pet up a tiny bit, belt of control, gloves of control, and the tamer boots. My taming necklace is not able to put an attunement gem/jewel into it.

When I 6-stack cast my Shield of Crystal my Earth Attunement goes up to 274.

If I replace my crafted ring with a Epic Ring of Earth (+15) that would boost my attunement up by 3 points.

If I replace my Ring of the Ringmaster with a Epic Ring of Earth (+15) I would now be at 292 total. Replacing my Taming Necklace with Warlocks Chain epic gives me ?? maybe 10 more. At this point I would be only a Earth Knight and no tamer without the taming necklace to raise my attunement a few points over 300, what total of now 302?

Elgarion, Mimner and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Maybe Ancient Staff of Anarchy could buff Chaos Bolt Damage or something?

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Since the Shard of Night lost its fizzle mitigation bonus - it would be nice to see an artifact gem(s) that work towards fizzle mitigation.

There is also no chainmail artifact set. This could be the answer for players who want to roll in heavy armor and want fizzle mitigation as the set bonus could apply more as opposed to increasing focus cost.

The problem with fizzle is that, especially in PVP situations, having an attack misfire and still cause cooldown can be the deciding factor between life and death. So a tradeoff for players who want to roll mages in heavy armor could be an armor set that is based around fizzle mitigation in heavy armor while not granting the defense of plate. It is from this set that the fizzle mitigation gems could come from. I think this would allow for greater flexibility in builds for mages and make mage/warrior hybrid concepts more competitive.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Conversely, it would be great to round out the artifact sets to include a cloth set for pure mages. Non-archer light armor builds and mages in general have a harder time in PVP, so as there are the obsidian order hoods, perhaps there could be an obsidian cloth set with its own gem components that are rare drops from obsidian wizards. The cloth set could be 100% focused on beefing up spell casters of all types, but ideally focused towards increasing the powers of single target direct damage spells and impediment spells like confuse, blind, & fireflies.

The Cabalist Robe asset already exists in game as a rare drop, and it could be made into the artifact chest piece and given the appropriate stat boosts and have its drop rarity adjusted. Artifact versions of the Obsidian Order Cloth Leggings, Bracers, and Boots and/or wizard or reskins of the cloth truth items could be used as well to add to the set.

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I have one idea for Cuttlekin and Frogkin: let on Epic and/or Legendary artifact levels will be removed side effects like transparency and green skin. I need jump bonus (which been castrated by developers), but i don't like side effects of those rings (which NOT displayed in atifact description (WHY?)).

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Then salvage their jewel for the +0.5 jump boost

8. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I didn't know it. Which level of artifact needed to get jewel from salvaging?

Elgarion likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Common : 10%
    Uncommon : 50%
    Rare : 100%
    Legendary : 200%
    Epic : 300%

Those are the rates, then you can simply socket these with the new socketing recipe obtained from the Panopticon (or find a crafter who can do it for you) into crafted rings, and can get 0.5 per jewel, so up to 1.5 jump strength without turning into an ugly color!

Anpu and Stealch like this.
  10. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

WTF???? I salvage all of cuttlekin and frogkin rings and what i have??? Some Imbued jewel of Cuttlekin and some Imbued jewel of Frogkin WITHOUT jump bonus - just +2 dex and +2 Dodge! No jump strength jewels!!!!!

11. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

I suggest you read the patch notes

necronut likes this.
  12. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

• Imbued Jewel of the Frogkin: +0.5 Jump Strength, +2 Combat Dodge Modifier (Ring of the Frogkin)
    • Imbued Jewel of the Cuttlekin: +0.5 Jump Strength, +2 Dexterity (Ring of the Cuttlekin)
    Source: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

If bug it and then @Elgarion will be sure to fix.

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Double checked and tested. The jewels feature the jump strength bonus as announced.

Stealch and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I hope you right, but why jump bonus is absent in material description of those imbued jevels? And i have accented it - very low count of crafting materials have completed description - most of it have nothing in description. May be somebody will do it and add full descriptions for crafting materials?

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Probably because when two guys change several hundred things all at once on a deadline, some things occasionally get missed.

17. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

90 release and MOST of materials have no description... doubtful it.

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

All material bonus tooltips are brand new for this release. They didn't exist before. Also, the item in question didn't exist before this release.

19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Is it possible it got lost in translation?

Anpu likes this.
  20. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Accepted.
    Translation??? Russian localization dies with every new release, so any new item have no translation a priori.