Artifact Wishlist - Buff Ideas for Artifact Gear

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, May 25, 2021.

1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There you go, there's probably your answer, new things were added, some details were lost due to having your game in Russian and there being no localization.

2. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

No! All new items comes WITHOUT locazation in English translation. Nobody does localization for Russian, with every release known names and texts disappear and replace with English text.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

This is not exactly a "Buff Idea for Artifact Gear," but it concerns artifact gear.

The crafting rings all have an associated daily turn in where you can get the item as a quest reward. However, the Ring Of Chrysopoeia is one of four rewards at Lord British's castle. And from what I can tell, it's not random; you turn in Key #1 and get the Ring of Jones, Key #2 gets you one of the Belts (Brutal Butcher, I think) etc. The Ring of Chrysopoeia and the other Belt (I forget which one it is) drop either from Key #3, or turning in the full set of encoded cards. I don't know which gets you what, as I am unable to get that far into the castle.

Which is my point- most of the other dailies can be accomplished daily. The last two items in LB's castle, however, require a fairly high level group for most people. Getting a number of people together for a daily can be a bit difficult. While these two items are technically rewards for daily quests, I feel that they are a bit too gated for many players, making them "daily" more in name than in deed.

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll add it to more of the LB castle chests. Good input :) R92 unless it patches in earlier.

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The ring/belt, or the turn-in items?

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Elgarion

The ring :) I'll check everything in those tables though for stuff that should be low level or solo accessible.

Wilfred, Anpu and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Elgarion

K, gave the Ring of Chrysioepaoapeia some loot love. It was also in Kobold Grenadier loot tables, btw. Added to Yellow and Blue Supply bundles, and added all non-gathering crafting artis to have a smallish chance to also appear in the Common Storehouse Containers which take the scrap (doubly so for the uncommon containers since they ALSO provide Yellow bundle loot). So a lot more options out there. Gonna leave it as a benefit for completing LB's daily, however.

Wilfred, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Cool. I was aware of the grenadiers, but I've been having a bad luck streak with them. Which is why I asked about it being a daily for LB castle; one of the things I like about the way artis drop now is that there's both an RNG source to farm for them, as well as a way to guarantee one a day. But, given the difficulty of LB's castle, it didn't really feel like something that was attainable daily.

I can see gating really desirable artifacts that way (like the Crossbow of Accuracy being a reward for the pretty tough Ulfheim daily) I just felt the Ring of Chrysopoeia (and the gathering belt) should have been more on par with the difficulty of getting the other crafting/gathering artifacts. I think it would have been just fine to move those two items to other dailies, and adding some of the more powerful/desirable items to LB's castle. (Vexlyn's Ember seems a better fit, since LB's castle is already a place where lots of fire-related stuff drops.)

But, I'm not going to complain if you make the rings easier all around to get, either. ;)

Wilfred, Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i think one idea that might help this mechanic is to add the ability to get different gems/jewels from the same item. we are running out of unique artifacts that make sense for gems/jewels. for example, i would like to recommend:

Imbued Gem of Puncture

which, similar to the Imbued Gem of Rending, would increase the DoT effect provided by puncture.

Imbued Gem of Skewer

which could increase the immobilization chance and power or maybe increase the healing debuff.

looking over the list of artifacts that could possibly provide these are Halberd of the Sun and Daemon Trident, both of which have gems/jewels already. if the mechanism were updated to first provide a % chance to get a gem/jewel and then a 50/50 chance (if there are two) to get a specific gem/jewel we could then use the same artifact for multiple gems/jewels.

Adam Crow likes this.