1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Bank - Stackable items

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

Well, I don't know if it's just me, but my items don't stack in my bank if they're not put in it from the same location (meaning I can add Garlic from Soltown, and then from Aerie it'll make 2 stacks of garlic in my bank. I can merge the stacks together afterward, but it's sometimes painfully long).

And I don't really see the point here since you can access your bank from different locations.
    So, why not make all items stackable from the begining?

Thanks!

Tiina Onir likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is a side effect from how banks worked before. Back in the days, banks were split by town, so you could not access your bank contents from another town. They fixed this but not without leaving that side effect in.

A good fix is to drag and drop your items from another towns bank right back into the bank, which will change the items location, and allow easy stacking, until one day they get back to fixing the banks.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

having the locations broken out DOES have uses. for instance, if you have a fully-decoed lot sent to the bank, you can easily grab those items just by sorting by location rather than picking through everything in your bank trying to guess.

Gravidy, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The amount of time this saves you is negligible because you still have to redeco the lot and having a lot fall is not something most of us have happen that often. The sorting by location is a constant hassle and results in unexpected behavior when trying to open containers in the bank. It should have gone away when the bank was make not-quite-exactly-universal.

The far better solution would be for the lot to fall to the MM, not the bank.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Senash Kasigal likes this.
  5. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

House/boat getting sent to your bank happens more than you'd think. Weather it's trying to upgrade lot size or being drunk and un-claiming your lot before sending your boat to property manager >.< (been thru both of those scenarios)

Sending house to MM/PM would be ideal in most situations but not sure if it'd be possible when changing lot size

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.