1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Universal vendor with price

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by simon1974, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Say I am a seller of Beetles and you keep buying my stock out and reselling it for a higher price, that will not hurt me as a seller at all, all I need to do is keep selling at my current price knowing that you will buy it.

This will not stop seller putting items lower than you and soon enough players will know that beetles are selling for X price and then being bought and sold at Y price so players will just wait till X price is up to buy at that price.

Sooner or later you as a greedy person will start to loose money, you are doing to make money once players realise what you doing, they will just stop buying from you and your stock pile will not sell.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No players won't necessarily know pricing amounts nor should they be required to track that. When I list something for sale I don't necessarily know of a going rate. I'm just selling my stuff while still trying to be reasonable. Most players won't micromanage to run around to know prices. We are busy. Anyway not everyone is a marketeer. Not sure if my comment is valuable to the conversation anyway.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I have seen this question raged on and on with people fighting against the universal listing very strongly. At the end of the day, the average shopper still does not want to spend hours looking for one item. Seriously it took me 30 mins to find, in a single market town, a crafted cabinet. Do you all really think any newish players want to go through that onerous task? If you don't want to list prices, that is an acceptable compromise, but I really think we need a central listing area; with directions to the actual vendor. Its not good enough to find Grey Tower goods in Novia Market when there are 100 vendors to search through, make sure you add some location x,y data. Please make this a game system and not a player created one, the one in ESO does actually cause exactly cause people to buy up and sell higher. It is too easy to download a database, run to vendors that aren't far apart in set locations, and buy up stuff when the database is controlled by a few and lags in time for everyone else. This database was created by players because they hated the ESO vendor system, which is close to ours. If a game that popular hates this kind of vendor system, then why do we think they would like ours?? However, I am pretty sure Chris has stated, more than once, that they are not touching this issue.

Superbitsandbob likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If he did actually say that it's "off the table", then I have zero hope that this game will continue for much longer.
    Participating in the market place/economy demands implementation of vendor search... and it best come sooner than later.

Superbitsandbob and Scooby Doo like this.
  5. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I certainly don't want to get the guy in trouble and I don't know if those exact words have been used. At any rate, I think fixing the quest system really should take priority right now. I hear so many complaints from friends who pop in and say why the heck has that not been fixed yet! If they have limited resources, I would rather see them go to that really key system first. I would put questing system and loot to mob quality at the top of really really need to get fixed now.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Who needs a quest system in an Ultima game anyway? /s

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If crafting + listing wasn't so painful you'd always be able to come to S Mart and buy every piece of furniture. I did it for ages. But that was with the assumption that they would one day improve the interface.

Will I suddenly reopen the store if they get global vendor search going without improving the work flow?

No, doing so will actually make it worse for vendors, because having a bunch of sales to relist with a crappy interface sucks, and makes us not want to play this game.

Proof: Elrond is last man standing, out of thousands in the early days.

Shoppers still exist, but dedicated vendors have packed up and moved on.

8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Yes vendors need help too. I hate getting that sale message in the mail. Not so much the message, but another thing clogging my inventory to destroy.

Wilfred likes this.
  9. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Bump to remind the devs that a Vendor Search system is still the most important improvement needed in SotA.

Devs, please add a nice Vendor Search system to SotA, Thank you! :)

FrostII, necronut and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I throw my support on this version.

FrostII and necronut like this.
  11. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

I second that

FrostII likes this.
  12. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

The minute you place pricing and search for vendor items ALL Items will go to 1 gp over cost (or under cost to get folks to your vendor) making the economy flat as hell.

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  13. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Respectively, I'd like to see some evidence to back this up.

The cost of creating and long sword with 3 masterworks, 3 enchants, and no failures does not predict what it's value might be.

If you're talking about base consumables like garlic/etc, I'll give you the 1 gp over cost. But, I don't see how that translates to RNG bases crafted weapons/armor where input does not guarantee output.

Duke Gréagóir and FrostII like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I don't even shop anymore because of the ridiculous price-gouging that I've seen over the past 6yrs, and I have gold to spend.

Global Search with prices will allow EVERYONE located ANYWHERE to FINALLY participate in a REAL MARKETPLACE.

Lack of vendor search is one of the BIGGEST reasons people leave this game.
    Think of a new player looking for armor, weapons, whatever and when they see a single piece priced in the 10's or 100's of thousands, while they're lucky enough to loot a few hundred gp worth of stuff a day - and it's no wonder they come and leave the game.

The few people who don't want Global Search with Prices are the same ones currently enjoying the occasional over-priced "market".

Malimn and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  15. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Tiina Onir and that_shawn_guy like this.
  16. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Are “his” Games are still running despite or because they have Auctionhouses or a Vendor Search with Prices?
    Ultima Online
    Everquest 2
    Star Wars Galaxys
    Not sure how many Players UO has, but it cant be less then SotA.

FrostII likes this.
  17. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Some good points in there, if a little old. I also find some of the more current posts interesting.

However, I don't see a "perfect information" economy when a given +8 long sword is not the same as everything other +8 long sword.

If the system also requires travel to purchase/pickup the item, there would also be room for a "premium" values with something in your current scene.

18. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I wonder if it would be so bad. Maybe at least have something that can tie all vendors for a guild together perhaps? Making it searchable guild by guild? Other games (such as ESO) have that in place.

From real life, we already have this feature in many online web sites providing similar products and services. Even shroud marketplace has the ability to sort a category from lowest to highest price. On the left I can search for a specific product (say a special ring artifact) and learn all vendors selling it.

19. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I just provided "Some Evidence" as asked :)

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

See the current price of Reagents people sell (the grown crops).

that_shawn_guy and Lazarus Long like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.