About archer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deltalok, Jun 14, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

So This is Jemma. I have been trying lately to get good in the PVP world.... only to find out it hates archers now like Delt is saying. So I decided to be cunning and I literally reworked all my skills and spent 1000+ Cotos to make a good archer spec for pvp that would be able to stun shield users and then I could attempt a little to blink or run behind the shield..... However after 130 in the air tree and 150+ in ALL air skills and stuns and about 360 air attunement I could not stun a shield user at all. I know what everyone is going to say..... just run and shoot... well the shield makes you do laughable damage (and I hit hard), I cannot stun them at all (has literally 0 effect), and most of the time they are invis and sneak up on you in an area and stun lock you.

my thoughts to fix it:
    #1 - Just like you cant stealth / invis when using an air shield you should also not be allowed to use stealth skills if you are a shield user.
    #2 - reduce the resist it gives shield users from arrows OR reduce their chance to resist stuns
    #3 - resolve the potion issue.

Im sorry but an invisible player with HUGE arrow resistance, 0% chance to stun, and potion happy deck there is no way to kill them. The only way is to go invis sneak behind then stack a 5 stack of rapid fire and unload and hope its enough.... but to me doing the same attack over and over is not a fight. This is just my opinions, but the way it is now if I see a shield user ill just sit down and let them kill me or run, but since they are always invis ill just let them kill me, no point humiliating myself trying to fight an unwinnable battle which is a shame because I really wanted to start trying pvp....

Anpu likes this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I agree with the potions and shield mitigating too much but not the invis on shield. There has to be better ways to balance that issue. Does piercing bypass block?

Stuns also need rework as some work, some don't, but no real rhyme or reason to it. When they work they work for way too long and when they don't work it's just a waste of time to get the gear and skills to a place to even try it only to learn it's not gonna happen. Shouldn't these skills have a warning stating (will not work on other players no matter what) to save people the effort of trying?

Heavy spec still OP and I'm heavy. Mix heavy and shield and good luck to any archer.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And I just realized that that OP Knights Grace skill that removes bleeds, stuns, slows and in 4 days roots can get a 0 second cooldown, why even waste your time trying to debuff a heavy armor user :eek:

Anpu, Sara Dreygon and necronut like this.
  4. necronut

necronut Avatar

Dark Unicorn Poison currently: 3 - 8 Physical/Poison Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
    (pointless compared to better poisons)

Dark Unicorn Poison previously: 3 - 8 Physical/Poison Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, removes buffs.
    (that sounds fun, and like it would balance some of these fights)

I could be wrong about this, but the more I talk with the old schoolers, it seems like DUP needs unnerfed.

It's either that or we all have to become Sara Dreygon.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Heavy armor (with spec)
    Shield
    Spear (because Puncture and shield ignore)
    All wardings (including tactics) to make mages worth nothing
    dynamic potion slot
    Wicked Caster Gems on 3 pieces
    Festering poison (because healing modifier?)

Seems like the nearly Ultimate build, might still lose some matchups, but if you're skilled enough you probably should win the big majority lol.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. necronut

necronut Avatar

Oh... I'm quite familiar. And I have enough magic attunement to actually do it.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

[​IMG]

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Kind of... I actually took Knight's Grace to 160 for the 0 second cooldown and it definitely wasn't 0. You can definitely get it to where the one use global cooldown goes away prior to using it again so it never build up heat but still takes time to use. Was trying to use in deck with no cooldown but sadly, no.

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I dropped tactics magic warding as it was causing me to take 20x the environmental damage (try 1000+ per lava tick). Bugged but was taking too long to fix @DavidDC o_O;). Guessing whatever bug is causing it is widespread but only affects tactics magic warding users so rare.

Also, having tactics magic warding means I couldn't cast anything, which was fine because I don't anyway but I never did the pot chugging in deck... just a few in my utility bar which have really long cooldowns so was still easy for Uber builds to kill (i.e. equip a bow and use barding previously or now equip two mossys with some defense and pot chugging). Always some Uber build everyone gravitates towards as they're usually easy wins if you mix it with a little or a lot of skill.

Currently I'm trying to make blades viable but even with rend buffed and super high defense, pots still usually heal through my damage until a puncture eventually gets through. I'll keep trying though... more fun than going dual poles with pot chugging :eek:.

10. necronut

necronut Avatar

Amen. I was just telling a homie how blades, while fast, is the worst in terms of physical weapons.

Then we went down a long road of ranting back and forth about how blades and arrows should be completely ineffective against skeletons. And that archers should have "knock" arrows with blunt tips for special cases where crushing damage is necessary, and maybe give it a small chance to stun and add CC resist.

Fun conversations.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I tried dynamic potions today, just to see. Was able to kill the clockwork dragon again for the first time in a few months. As fun as it was... yeah, that's kinda OP. I'd always used them off my utility bar like Sara as my main healing (I'm still sort of an alchemist, after all) and that seems pretty decently balanced. I hope they just make them not useable on the combat bar and don't mess with them more than that.

Sarek, Sara Dreygon and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ouch... Good reason to drop it I admit :eek:

Yeah saw you mention that before, love how you purposefully handicap yourself (Vesper too), actually motivates me to try more stuff!

Yeah, Coswald did mention if the Healing modifier debuffs could affect Potions that could possibly be a decent fix to that pot chugging, would probably be good for a good rend user (and potentially increase blade spec's pvp value for swordsmen?)

Was just mentioning the actual way to get the build that should win most fights, which would seem to be the ultimate one if people would be willing to take that risk/investment in this current state of the game.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Possibly. Would need to be a lot to drop heavy spec and there's no way anyone is touching my tactics spec!

Violet Ronso and necronut like this.
  14. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

IMHO, potions shouldn't be glyphs. If they insist on keeping them as such, then maybe make each successive use reduce power, with some kind of heat mechanic (going back to full power over time). I had always thought of them as something we could only use from the non-combat bar. Idk just a thought (been drinking a bit, so might be a dumb idea)

necronut likes this.
  15. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

@Violet Ronso know that knights grace doesnt remove all bleeds etc at once, it's 1/3 stack, so it's not a tap to win button.
    And nothing removes healing debuffs, that should be something life spec can do, because it's really a lack luster spec atm.

Violet Ronso, Anpu and necronut like this.
  16. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

1-Bolster stance + Shield + heavy armor make you almost invulnerable to control effects like stuns need tô be addressed.

2- we need a cap to Magic resistance for PvP in order to make Mages competitive.

3- potions are not skills why It can be placed in combat decks?....and cast time reduciton affect consumables need to be addressed

4- Ignore armor skills should not 100% of the damage.

5 - Crossbow of accuracy autoattacks was unbloackble, all nerfs / buffs to block was placed before fixed the bug, now archery got over nerferd. The new shield passive against ranged attacks should be reduced.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

That's a good list.

Elgarion and necronut like this.
  19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

A couple of years ago you would have just gone broke if you tried spamming potions.

20. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

It's still highly costly, and probably one of the better gold sinks. Seeds, water, flasks. Even sulfurous ash and corpse wax needs to be vendor purchased to make potions in very large quantities. It also keeps obsidian chips from being vendor trashed, which are a high NPC value item that drops in abundance.

Lazlo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.