1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

What stopping SoTA to run on iPad Pro M1?

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by ngavarta, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

It’s 2021 Jun, back from WWDC21, iPad Pro M1 is capable of running most AAA games, even most demanding ones.

From what I see is just recompile the game in Unity with arm64 iOS support, and the biggest blocker is still the complex control scheme, simplify it and map it to controller ard. really!

Even without the controller support, iPad Pro still have the keyboard and touch pad support, make a beta and select a few testers.

FBohler likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well Sota isn't like all other games. It's a game with a housing system, dungeon system, and even basements to deco. Every load time includes massive amounts of stuff to load. Not many games have this scenario. Anyway I have 32 gb of ram myself which does a pretty good job with load times and downloads but I know many struggle with lower amounts. That's only a part of what loads. Anyway this is my opinion.

Tahru and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

Given that they struggle to support Mac and to a greater degree, Linux, it's unlikely they'd add another build for their one customer. There'd also be issues of updating the UI to make it more touchscreen friendly.

ngavarta and Tahru like this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yeah, the UI is the issue. Just being able to move, turn and look is a pain without a mouse. I would welcome it though. I tried to run is on a Wacom touchpad once. But it really needs more than a pen and fingers to navigate. It could be done though....

5. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ngavarta and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.