Today on QA (R90)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Another release and another QA! That means time for another thread to discuss all the things soon to come to live, hopefully catch a few bugs, and share ideas on how these changes can be used for more effective combat or a better experience in general. There was a minor R90 QA release prior to build 1205, but it seemed to mostly update QA to reflect changes already made on the live server.

QA Build 1205:

Offhand Attack is landing critical hits once more. More about this squashed bug here:

New Sorting Options for Inventory! Will take a bit of adjustment, but overall seems a lot more nifty. The system extends to NPC merchants and containers as well.

Salvaging crafting rings and artifacts doesn't give imbued gems or jewels yet so no hints at the stats on them beyond what's already been said. Didn't expect them to be in yet, but can't blame an avatar for trying!

Glyph skill modifiers nor affect combo damage!! This is a huge one! Foods, masterworks, imbued gems, artifact special abilities all seem to have an impact on the glyphs tested. Rend Length doesn't affect the duration of Sawblade Sweep dots, and I am very interested in testing Smoldering Shiv and Glacial Glissade!

Potions can now be dismissed by right clicking and dismissing, similar to foods. Actually quite handy for testing.

Base combat skills (Ranged Combat, Bladed Combat, etc) do not affect glyph damage. This has been the case for some time, and is perhaps now intentional. There was some thought it might changed based on posts in these two threads:

Fishing bait recovery still reaches 100%

The maximum number of decks that can be tied to hotkeys remains 12
    though it might increase soon, as per comments on the most recent dev stream.

Knight's Grace is now clearing roots though the rend from Polar Destroyers is still not cleared by the skill.

The Nefario Hood's Damage Avoidance penalty has been changed to a -10% Glancing Blow penalty which solves the -900% Durability Multiplier bug.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Sara Dreygon, Hit Girl, Sarek and 7 others like this.
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

We ran around a bit more on QA yesterday on stream, didn't managed to get this posted last night though.

QA Build 1206:

Tested further combos to see if their modifiers affected power and found the Death Ray enchantment is not affecting Firery Decay, and the gust and fame fist jewels don't affect their respective combos. I'll wait for a bit more of this work to be completed before running through and testing more thoroughly.

The new social tab in the upper right is in and has a nifty number to show friends online. There seems to be a slight bug where unfriending doesn't drop the number down, even if both players unfriend one another. Hardly a major thing. Dropdown options for the window selector have also changed and been somewhat cleaned up and consolidated. The Bug Report option is top of the list rather than getting its own icon, though still functions as before (opening a browser window for bug submission and copying relevant information to the user's clipboard)

Rewards container is not on the new inventory system.

Minor and Miscellany checks include Knight's Grace clearing Polar Destroyer rends (still unpatched), bait recovery (still at 100%) and jewels from misc artifacts that didn't previously have them. None of this was really expected to be changed, but always worth a check. We've since seen that some of these changes are scheduled for R92.

Gravidy, Sara Dreygon, Anpu and 5 others like this.
  3. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1213:

Crafting Jewels are in! Tested on a few crafting rings, epic versions of which split into 3 jewels to give +30 bonus to masterworks, cooking, or alchemy/enchant as appropriate. This moves the max bonus for these items from 22 (old dual epic rings) to 30 total. (New epic rings are +10 now, but so is a jewel that comes from, on average, only 2 uncommon rings)

Cooldowns on certain potions in dynamic slots reduced, somewhat contrary to the implied changes in earlier tweets. Imbued Restoration potions for instance now sport a 30 second cooldown in place of a 60 second cooldown. This seems very likely to be reversed, or revised in some other way.

Collision changes while walking mean many fewer hangups
    in some of the areas we tested. Spectral Mines, Central Brittany (curbs), Jaanaford, Ruined Keep. Even jumping up to the destroyers in Panopticon was somewhat smoother. A great change it seems.

On a side note, I've mostly taken to saying "we tested" and "we noticed" and whatnot in these posts. Much of the poking I do on QA is on a twitch stream and what I type up here is what we all find as a group, running around and thinking of things to look at together. As an example Dorn Slate helped test healing modifier efficacy on potions, as did Estromo. Gwendolyn suggested testing the stumbling changes in Panopticon, Justyn mentioned the nasty curbs in Central Britt and the list goes on. I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone that helps in this. Thank you all.

Wilfred, Gravidy, Sarek and 6 others like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Perhaps you might want to include the link to your stream on your OP here, @Coswald_Dirthmire . ;)

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Work for it, pleb.

Barugon and Innascual Inch like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Wilfred and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Still so confused by this as the damage of a glyph was supposed to be based on the average of the base skill and glyph. Would be nice to get an answer from @Elgarion on this. The base weapon skills seems useless if they don't even factor into 90% of the damage a player is doing and only affects auto/charged attack (i.e. I can raise Bladed Combat from 150 to 170 so my little attacks do an extra 2 damage :eek:).

Elnoth, Gravidy, Elgarion and 5 others like this.
  8. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1214

100% Bait Recovery still obtainable, with bait showing a 0% chance to consume, and not being lost on any of the casts we did. (Tested with 126 Bait Recovery Skill (42.1%), Epic Pax Ring (50%) and Blessing of Humility (8%)

Consumables no longer obey cast time modifiers and most notably potions no longer obey cast time modifiers. This means Chaotic Feedback melee builds will have very tough going, and may no longer be viable. I'll be doing a lot more testing over the next days and possibly weeks to see what can be done for it from a PvE perspective.

PvP Chaos Melees doesn't seem viable, and any chance of a very high cast time modifier/draw speed modifier build is likely to come from a combination of Wicked King shield, Wicked Caster Gems, Spec'd Flurry, Quiver of Jealousy, and Spellbinder's Stance, especially for melees.

Cast time modifiers tested and found to have no affect on potion consumption were Chaotic Feedback, Spellbinder's Stance, Wicked Caster Gems. Chaos farming is unaffected.

Potions still have reduced cooldowns from Build 1213, such as Imbued Restoration at 30s instead of 60s, Imbued Health at 20s, etc.

Various new crafting jewels were confirmed, including:
    • Imbued Jewel of the Expedient Miner (+25% Mining Gathering Time, Gauntlets of Lead)
    • Imbued Jewel of the Expedient Skinner (+25% Field Dressing Gathering Time, Belt of the Brutal Butcher)
    • Imbued Jewel of the Meticulous Miner (+6% Mining Meticulous Collection Chance, Ring of an Unknown BMC Member)

9. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I found some of the new dailies on QA:

On the docks of Harvest are some wooden crates that act like NPCs. they are called common storehouse container or uncommon storehouse container. The common ones seem to want 150 scrap and the uncommon one wants Anomalocaris. I am guessing this is not the only town that has these. It seems to let me fill the order twice, though it might be once a day after the first time since that is how some daily quests seem to work. I was given a small amount of gold and 24000 xp each time I filled an order,

Ok I found some on the Ardoris docks and actually thought to talk to the guy standing next to the boxes. He says you can make four trades a day so my two trades to each of two boxes is all I can do today, at least for the scrap boxes. (the uncommon box still seems to want fish but I don't have any on me)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Interesting.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I really want clarification as well and I hope it is just a bug as I have given advice to countless players in the past based on the old mechanic. If it is an undocumented change then this is a serious concern.

Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Would be nice.......

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

For most players it wouldn't make a lot of difference as whether my thrust is doing level 160 damage or level 165 (i.e. average 160 thrust and 170 bladed combat) would only mean 3.225% damage but would save me a lot of xp as I could dump bladed combat down some.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I asked yesterday hoping for an answer for you guys, but Chris was swamped with build issues and he isn't feeling well to boot. I'll ask again when the dust clears. He can dive deeper into the stat and see how it works. I just take the stats he makes and apply them to formulas on gear, consumables etc. Feel free to nudge if I forget. :)

15. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Any response from Chris in the last few weeks?

16. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

nudge

Coswald_Dirthmire and Scanphor like this.
  17. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Got a reply today and he fixed some stuff related to those base skills in the melee/ranged trees. He said previously those nums were used for a special hit chance and damage beyond the auto/free attack, but due to a change a while back, they inadvertently fell out of use for damage calculations to anything other than auto/free attack and the special hit chance. He's added it back into the calculations for all damage, so hopefully you guys will see more use for those base skills in R93 with the patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.