Imbued gem of Theurgy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jun 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just more grinding... and dying, when they scrub my air shield... which is just super fun....

FrostII likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yup....

3. Vero

Vero Avatar

i can imagin that is sux having to 'redo' your shield, what if for those zones/mobtypes you pick a different magic shield/build? Perhaps it can even add to the fun of mixing builds up depending on mobfight/zone you are in :)

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I thought most of the imbued recipe drops and salvageables were fine. At least you can go after a lot of different things, and crafted imbued gems as well as some salvages are on the market and pretty cheap. The socket recipes just suck though. Super boring and have to have them to use anything else.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's more than just picking a new shield unfortunately. Ranged combat is closely tied with air magic, so there's a loss of effectiveness involved.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Untrue, strength archers are just as viable of not more, but play it how you prefer.
    Effectiveness comes from versitility, builds to suite the situation are key. Stick with a single if you like.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's effectively a complete rework as light armor without Shield of Air is pretty much worthless, and then using Berserker's Stance is going to be out....

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Light Armor + Shield of Crystal + Ranged/Bludgeon

Yet it works. Even on some of the strongest mobs in the game. I'm Light Armor (SPEC) and I use blades/Pugilism, and I'm doing just fine doing what I used to do before (Dragons, Shadow monsters, Sieges, Panopticon).

Light armor isn't worthless, you just need to learn to play it now that you can't always use Air shield.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right, that's pretty much a complete avatar rework. I honestly don't want to chase what's effective any more. I would rather just not play SotA and, by the look of the current population, it seems a lot of other people don't either.

arcdevil likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Then don't.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried giving it another go, but you're right.

[edit] I do appreciate the videos though. At some point I might put in the effort, but how long until the devs decide that Shield of Chrystal is too powerful and have mobs simply remove it?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  12. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

That was a quick one

13. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Yeah, when they I heard air shield was getting the hammer, I stopped using it. I'm tactics/tame spec, so using air shield was a pita to begin with. I started using earth or ice, depending on situation. They seem to work just fine, just had to change the way I approach some combat situations, PvE of course. But that how it goes, adapt and overcome, or die alot, lol. Anyway my 2 cents, and probably not helpful. Maybe it is, just remember, have fun, I think alot of people forget that's why most of us play games to begin with. Ramble off, take care all.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The socket recipes must be really rare, because I spent some time in The Obsidian Panopticon and didn't get a single one. I did get a bunch of recipes (furniture, potions, poisons) that I already have in my book though.

FrostII likes this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes. they are pretty hard to get. I did get all four recipes after mainly concentrating on the Leader (the guy in red) only as he had the most drop success %. Just keep at it.

My advice is to only use bludgeon if you want to try to stun. If you are after damage use blades. I found this out after GMing bludgeon. As I am an Earth Tamer I can use my earth punch as a stunner. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Barugon and FrostII like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I never actually went inside. There seemed to be multiple mobs in there and if there are mages then it will be very frustrating for me. I'll give it a go though.

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The leader can spawn outside. Occasionally he'll spawn inside on the bottom floor, you can run through the building and out the other side to try and draw him out. Usually what I'll do is get my speed buffs up, apply all my other buffs, and run a loop around the outside looking for him. If he's not there, I'll run through the building. If I still can't find him, I'll pick the biggest outside group and engage them. Once that's done, I'll retreat to safety, regroup, and repeat. If he hasn't shown up in a while, he probably spawned on an upper level, in which case I'll leave the scene and let it reset.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, here's a challenge, then: come up with a light armor build that doesn't need to backed up with a magic shield, bard skills, or pets; and can be used successfully in relatively high level PvE battles. As in, light armor spec and a combat spec. You don't need to solo the Breach with it or anything crazy, but you should be able to fight dragons, the Phoenix, unicorns, and handle the Rise and the Panopticon.

Please don't read that as snarky or looking for a fight; I'm actually interested if some one who knows the game much better than I do can come up with something.

Violet Ronso, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I keep hoping that I would see a Chris tweet that says something like `Removing dexterity from the focus transfer calculation for Shield of Air. Torpid Torment and Root will no longer remove Shield of Air`.

...I can dream....

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Challenge accepted!

3 of these are already on my EZPZ list, Unicorns and Phoenixs are two things I rarely hunt, so I'll get back to you once I've done it!

Anpu, Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.