Gear Socketing Wishlist - Ingredient/Buff Ideas for Imbued Gems and Jewels

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, May 25, 2021.

1. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Hi Elgarion,
    There should be craftable Jewel/Gem for every castable skill in each tree. If a player wanted say Dash speed/duration to their gear, it could be nice to allow them to do that. This way not all gear that are made by crafter will be the same for everyone. You can tailored your gear to what you enjoy doing in the game.

majoria70 and Elgarion like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Next release.

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You'll be able to get a jewel from the gauntlets next release, but the jewel is just mining speed, no pugilism bonus.

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'd like this too. This first couple rounds of Imbued Gems/Jewels was making use of existing artifacts. Chris gave me a lot more stats to play with (about 40 so far) for future jewels as well as upcoming potion work. Expect many more skills to have bonuses going forward whether it be from gems/jewels, potions, food, item components, and/or arties.
    Ya, decided not to put both bonuses on the jewel and reserve pugilism for an upcoming pugilism only arty to extract it from. Gauntlets themselves still have the bonus.; however, so for the time being folks can still use the gauntlets (and I did remove the movement restriction from using them btw, coming in R91.)

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Tease.

6. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

I would love to be able to socket Imbued Gems from artifacts into belts

Warius, Vaiden Luro, Tirrag and 3 others like this.
  7. thesometimeslurker

Would also be pretty cool if we could socket artifact gems into certain other artifacts. Like socketing Chaos Summoner gem into a Staff of Anarchy, and Necromancer gem into the Ancient Staff of Death.

Artifacts that require some form of crafting anyway.

FBohler and Elgarion like this.
  8. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Out of curiosity.... I don't know how difficult this would be but would their be a way to make it so weapons can do a percentage of their damage as an alternate damage type or add damage but as an alternate type. This also would add to more unique armor sets for specific purposes

Elgarion and Sara Dreygon like this.
  9. thesometimeslurker

Like Ice Fist and other melee spells? They do phsyical/magic damage.

10. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Like a weapon that applies say 50% of its damage as fire damage, or maybe you have a weapon that does 100% water damage. Having weapons have other possible damage types

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I really love the suggestions to be able to make so much variety in our crafted items. What a wonderful difference that will add to the game. Now as I always must mention please, please let us sell little bags of goods on our vendors which could include certain types of armor, set of song parts, furniture set, ballroom gown and matching accessories etc. Bags can't sell with any items in them at the moment. We need variety on our vendors to be much more interesting to shop.

FBohler, Wilfred and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Elgarion

Should be easy to add to some things. :)
    We'd have to have tech that allows players to look in the bags you're selling before purchase, but ya I'd imagine that could be possible one day. Probably more of a David/DC thing and not related to this discussion though. Perhaps ping him in a separate post but be sure to mention you want players to be able to peek inside while it's still on the vendor. If you are wanting secret bags to sell for like mystery goody bags? Eh, this is why we can't have nice things. There'll be THOSE people who try to dupe players into buying bags with contents unrelated to what is advertised (filled with junk).

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Would like to see a Forestry Meticulous Chance imbued jewel. For those of us that actually harvest wood.

FBohler, Scanphor, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  14. Elgarion

Definitely coming as a jewel with a new artifact to extract it from also with this bonus. Not sure if next release, but not too far off.

15. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

How about being able to add regular or imbued jewel or gem, to helms / gloves / legs / boots? Would also be nice to add them to belts / back pieces / taming necklace. Just some ideas. Keep up the good work guys. Edit: just a side note, reason why I mentioned helm / glove / leg / boot, is because, if we can salvage those parts for an imbued gem / jewel, why not allow us to add them back to said player crafted parts? IMHO if we want player crafted gear to be better or on par with artifacts, it's the only way that will happen. Otherwise players will still be inclined to just keep on using artifacts over player made, except for the few parts we can use gem / jewel on. My 2 cents. Take care all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  16. Elgarion

At some point I'd imagine we'll add another slot into the socketing concept, but still plenty of holes to fill now with gems/jewels for existing slots. Already testing taming necklaces with socketing, but it'll be a little while on that one.

Aleksander, FBohler, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

YES! :D

18. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

And about taming, what about a couple new enchantment options when a chest piece is socketed with a taming gem? Examples I've been thinking about could be:

1) Frenzy power and duration ( maybe just duration would be less OP :p )
    2) Tamed creature focus drain reduction ( my croc now drains 520+ focus, that makes it really hard to do anything else around while it's out )
    3) Tamed creature aggro boost ( this will allow salvaging the last ringmaster rings around. People keeps them around for the aggro boost mostly )

Just some ideas. Of course being enchants they will remove some power from the chest to devote it to the pet, so I think it could be quite balanced in the end.

Elgarion likes this.
  19. Elgarion

Some nice suggestions there. New Gems/Jewels will arrive fairly frequently, but the next round of taming/summon love will come with the new pet gear coming out.

Aleksander and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What about Pugilism love? Still waiting on those :p