1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69316] Zombie Room Tartarus Bugged - Leashing Issue

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Cairo Hayden, Jun 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

1 ) Title - Zombie Room Tartarus Leashing Bug
    2) Reproducible? - Most certainly
    3) Blocker? - Yes - Prevents leveling efficiently and most likely can get you killed with the leashing bug
    4) For anyone who actually plays the game and who has actually farmed Tartarus zombie room at coordinates
    are (151.831, 419.798, 150.078) , 2nd level. Large square room. Small room, no reason it should be giving
    leashing issues so much. Not sure, but seemed like on 4th run, it got really bad where nearly the entire
    wave of zombies were leashing.
    5) Steps to Reproduce: Play the game. Actually play the zombie room. I'm a fire mage, so obviously I have to run circles around the outside of the square to stay out of range of zombies. Believe me, if you play here enough you will
    easily duplicate it especially running in circles, stopping to cast RoF, Fireball, Meteor Shower. I'm not
    sure exactly what triggers it but it's annoying as heck.

Feel free to PM me if you want to run with me sometime to see it. Might take 30 minutes to an hour to see it badly enough but trust me if you do it at least as a fire mage and run the outside square in circles from zombies avoiding hits it will happen and they will leash back into the water. Sometimes it's only 1 section that leashes back, sometimes it's 2 or 3 sections. So anywhere between 3 upwards of 15 zombies.

I will add a little bit, I find it interesting that the first 4 completions went fairly smoothly with only a couple here and there leashing, was manageable, however we all know after running this room too much, it eats the RAM and you have to restart game/client completely and start fresh. After doing this, came back in and the first attempt at clearing about 3rd wave is when it was nearly the entire room that started leashing. Not sure this is relevant since I had 1 person in my group and I just rejoined the same scene as I was originally in.

I will add I'm doing this in party mode, not private mode. Had a guild mate who says they don't experience this issue in private mode like the other modes. Sync issue perhaps?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified -- I saw 1 zombie leash while running around the perimeter of the square during the 2nd wave, and again during the 3rd wave.

3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 69316

4. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Any ideas if the devs will be currently working on this bug anytime soon? It could be a favorite place I'm sure for many players if it weren't for the bugs. Lag has always been a huge issue here, the glitch on zombies seems to stretch into other zones as well as I notice zombie behavior is very erratic in some very bazaar ways. So my guess is the bug is in the zombie coding itself and not just the zone itself. Zombies down hallway to the Myrkur dragon/corp room act very random. Sometimes when in the middle of the room killing dragons 2-3 zombies will just run into the room out of nowhere when they aren't even lingering in the hallways. So again makes me think the bug is in the zombie itself as they are the same type of zombies as in the zombie room of Tartarus.

5. Vero

Vero Avatar

Zombies in tartarus (at the platform) don't seem to spawn at all at the moment.

Royou likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that would be a different bug for a different thread. one is here, requesting more information.

Vero likes this.
  7. AdriAnna Groosk

AdriAnna Groosk Avatar

The rubber-banding of the Zombies in the Crack Room is something that has gone on for as long as I can remember. I have always believed it to be more of a latency issue with my connection and restarting my entire system usually fixes it. If it did not then I would simply go elsewhere for a time. I also Solo this room and do it in parties of up to 4 players or more. It is not feasible to do it with more than 4 players as attenuation becomes unattainable at this point.

I have recently come back after a break and have also found that they do not even spawn.

Royou likes this.
  8. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing: 1512

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.