Armour durability mechanic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scanphor, Jul 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Not recently - a couple of years or so at least(?) - I'm talking about how the first repair restores 100%, the second restores 66%, the third 50%, etc - that wasn't originally the case

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've never actually repaired anything with crowns because they implement enough changes before my gear wears out that I end up just making another set.

[edit] BTW, I know that people believe that gear needs to wear out to support the economy, but I think that's bunk. If crown repairs always restored 100% then I think people would be more likely to purchase high-end gear. I know that I would. I also know that as soon as I found another piece that was even slightly better than my current piece, I'd likely buy it. And, with them constantly improving crafting, I know that there will always be a better piece of gear on the horizon.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Engel, FrostII, Wilfred and 2 others like this.
  3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Just to check your math here - with Coto's now at 300 per and repairs taking 250 each time - that's about 75k igg per major repair nowadays - that needs to be a really good piece to be worth it !

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Body slam preserves your gear quite a bit if used selectively. The drawback seems pretty reasonable for a charge + stun + damage imo.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[Includes Update] Crowns of the Obsidians are highly sought after relics, although almost any creature in the world has a small chance of yielding one up when slain. Placing 250 Crowns of the Obsidians on the crafting table with an item and hitting Repair will restore an amount of maximum durability and the highest possible current durability to the item. The amount of maximum durability restored is initially high, but each additional repair will reduce the amount restored. The first repair restores 100%, the second restores 66%, the third 50%, then 40%, then 33%, and so on. By the twentieth repair, only 10 points will be restored to the item’s maximum durability. The Crowns of the Obsidians are consumed by the repair process. This requires no repair skill to perform.

I did not know that o_O!'
    Are there college credits knowing all our gaming mechanics?
    [​IMG]

Barugon and Scanphor like this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Wow, COTOs are selling for 300 each? Anyways, 75k is a very small sum if your piece of equipment has valuable Imbued Gems socketed.

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.