POT balloon, boat, hatch & wagons teleporters should service multiple POTs

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by StarLife, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Hi,

Rather than having to buy a separate boat for every single PoT I want to connect to and having them all over the place could we also have an upgrade option for the teleporters we already own. That way a teleporter could be used like the current in game dev one, i.e., one boat services multiple towns.

Option would be to right click on teleporter in backpack/bank and then buy/add an additional town slot to it. Could charge the same amount of crowns (1500). Upgrading would change it from one town only to two towns or more (depending on the upgrades purchased for it)

Star

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings StarLife
    Yes this was brought up before the teleporters were even released. They noted that was going to be an update in the near future as well as letting avatars place the sign post on lots. Look for the multiple teleporters to cost more but better to manage space. Maybe when they upgrade the current teleporters that could also release teleporters to NPC towns. The only way to add NPC towns is with a Minor Support Token.

Gravidy and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We developers agree that the POT-to-POT teleporter decos would be better as "list teleporters." However, it would require new tech so it's not something easily done. It's on our to-do list to work on that option, but it's not something that will be available in the near future.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Is it still the case that these are not list transporters?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

still no.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I get you @Time Lord and that is a reasonable perspective to be sure. But I don't want my POT to have a balloon festival because it does not go with the theme. There should be an amicable compromise had here for the greater good. Perhaps, the existing teleporters are discontinued to make them prized and rare, and new models of some other types can be created in their stead for the lists which are more expensive?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it wouldn't be a big deal. make the new item something like a phonograph you load with wax cylinders. people would need one teleporter to place and then an item to set to a specific destination and load into it for each menu item. as far as existing teleporters go, they already handled this with the stablehands trading stretch goal foals for adult mounts. people can trade in a teleporter for a destination item, or not, as they choose.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

TL, I am not trying to show any disrespect nor am I trying to change your mind as I fully respect your opinion. As a point of order, I had a similar debate with another member pre-ep1 that insisted that because the Aether Vibration Amplifier was a limited perk, that nobody else was entitled to listen to music in the game. I believe that was a 36 page debate of insanity. In the end, the game did the right thing, and this case it will as well. Whether or not it is to provide the list option or not, we should endeavor to have faith that a decision will be in the best interest of the game and its players. However, I would implore you to please consider proposing a compromise as there is plenty of room for one to be had.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right. When you set the destination on the teleporter, a list of destinations appear for you to select from. Why can't they just bring up that list of destinations (which is the same as the teleport to zone list) when you want to go somewhere?

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Alley Oop , Yes!
    That's the best solution, which only condenses what we have into something we could sell more of at the same price as the multiple teleports, which would be only more stylish in nature in comparison yet take more lot space. Such a cilider loaded teleport where one could buy the ability to add more destinations would be very apropreate without loosing any value in our other "styles" :) of teleporters.

I would hope they could make them small enough to be placed in any row home. Something like a remote bank size, so we could carry it around like a wallet, as I now do with my remote bank device.
    After that, the next logical step would be to sell something like the head/sets we listen to music by, which could be loaded like an mp3 for more desination options able to be set.

I would wonder if such devices once a new destination was set, could be permanent, requiring additional purchase to expand it's teleporting abilities.

Yep, that's what I'd be for. Make them furnature first and then mobile. I know I'd own one of both.
    We do need to get from where we are now to Tabula Rasa somehow, so we can hunt on all those planets above us.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Tahru likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You should have access to all pots easily with your teleport to zone scrolls. Just place it on your non combat bar and when not encumbered you can filter and see descriptions of every area you have visited. Why does anyone need teleporters to pots that badly.?Teleport to zone scrolls are easy to craft and yes they can get expensive for new players at first probably. Anyway just my first thought on this but I could missing a point somewhere.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.