"Places to live" brochure in a few NPC towns

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So, usually by the time a new player reaches Soltown*, or Resolute*, they should have received their first free row lot deed. The brochure on the info panel by the town crier speaks of renting and free places, but maybe this should speak of how to go into a Player Owned Town, check with the Town Crier there and walk up to the rental post to claim a lot. This could even be a quest given by the Town Crier or Homes Merchant that could state that "This quest can be completed at a later point." The quest reward could be a few decos and/or deco recipes (from the ones you can purchase from NPCs.)

This quest would involve information that can be useful about claiming lots in a POT (How to check if a lot is available, how to set and run to a marker waypoint, how to claim the lot, and then what a Governor can do.

This is simply a thought as I was passing by those brochures.

*Their are probably other towns, these are the ones I've visited so far on my new character.

Winfield, Tahru, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree. Finding a place to live in this game is not the most seeming inviting situation since free quest lots are player owned towns. The wording 'player owned town only'can make a player uncomfortable right from the start.

Having to place in a player owned game can seem daunting at best especially for those unfamiliar with the game and players.

We had compiled a list of player owned towns at one time but as with many things they don't make their way into the game easily viewable by players.

Most affected by all this hullabaloo are players who don't care for interactions with others and dislike being dependent on other players. To say it should not be this way is a moot point because there will always be some of that because hey we are playing a computer game after all.

So what to do about this situation to make it more comfortable and have the needed information out there to players immediately right ?

Some suggestions I have and some I've rallied for in the past are:

*Updating our current journal to not only list quests better but for it to have tabs listing quests,daily quest, quest types, and game information such as pvp and pvp quests (much needed), housing, music system, decorating system, crafting system, etc.

( This journal and information should be easily found to players not a book lost in the inventory but a pop up notifies players about it.)

** another thought Rename the title Player Owned Towns to better represent that players are almost always wanted in them.

*** Keeping an active in game list of towns * easily seen by players* that list towns to place in and town status such as things like: vacancies, roll players only, house style only, vendors required to place, guild town only see guilds to apply), and even no residents accepted, tourist attraction only for visitors etc. Of course this status should show location of these towns.

These are Just examples but a start to lessen the discomfort and the unknown.

This game imo has always had too many misrepresented and sometimes almost hidden features and really in my strong opinion it doesn't need to be this way. Many things get fixed but never these.

Violet Ronso, Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It would be great if there was an in game feature to show a POT directory which includes
    • POT name
    • Governor
    • One line description provided by owner
    • POT lot strategy: On request, self serve, full, private
    • Number of available + reserved lots
    Some of this is on the forum here, but it is not well organized and most players don't use the forum

Violet Ronso, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note Governors can also put that information on a billboard in their towns. Just pointing that out too.

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Still in my opinion one of the best additions to the game could have been a real bulletin board system, instead of just a deco bulletin board.

It could include -shop adverts -guild adverts -town adverts -job adverts -requests, -quests, -events, etc.

You would post a notice on the board, and it would either post locally, regionally, or globally, depending on what you want. Global notices would appear on all bulletin boards in the game. Possibly global propagation would require a fee to prevent spam. Permissions could be set for local notices in POTs.

The bulletin board would be an object when double clicked would open a UI like a vendor UI, where you could either read or post. There could be categories set, too, to organize notices.

In any case, with regards to POTs, any POT that wanted to advertise to new players would do so on the bulletin board system.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree 100%. I am currently doing a fresh playthrough, with absolutely no help, as if I was offline, but I am paying attention to all these little details that could be updated to better fit the current state of the game or improve NUE, I have a few other updates to do, but the current housing system was one that I felt was left with too many questions unanswered, you receive the deed, and that's almost it.

Anpu and majoria70 like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

But new players don't know about the world or that anything much of it exists especially not hidden Vale or how anyone feels about them coming into a players town. They could feel like they were tresspassing. It is all too poorly represented.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.