1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

NPCs on a schedule - Inform us as such

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Violet Ronso, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The interaction with vendors that are on their sleep schedule seems very buggy when you participate in it and pay attention to what is being said, without having prior knowledge of the schedule.

As of right now, if I attempt to speak to Molly Reid, in Resolute, which is the Alchemy supplier, she will answer me, allow me to have a conversation with her (or at least open it up) and reply "Of course, here is what I have to offer." when I click browse. What happens next is a stare down, I look into Molly's eyes, wondering if she will show me what she has to sell, or if she just really likes the green in my eyes. Usually, the next reaction would be to interact with he again, asking her again, and getting the same result. She doesn't jump immediately in her bed, or back into her sleep pathing, so sometimes you can end up wondering what is happening.

SOLUTION : Change her response based on the moment of the schedule, and make her say "Would you please let me sleep" or something like that.

This would help a lot, this is something that looks very bad and buggy, but has just been accepted by the masses.

Cordelayne, Time Lord, Sannio and 2 others like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just checked Molly. She does have a schedule, so most of the time she's downstairs in the Alchemy shop but she'll go upstairs for a few minutes each in-game day. I won't say she goes "off duty" because she's always working, even if you find her upstairs. Molly doesn't have the mechanic which makes her reject sales with players when she goes upstairs, so she's on-duty 24/7/365.

Since Molly never goes off duty, let me make sure I understand the issue here.
    1. The player talks to Molly while she is downstairs in the Alchemy shop, says "buy," and Molly opens up her merchant window for the player to browse.
      1. Often, the player is able to open a trade window with Molly.
      2. Sometimes, the player is not able to open a trade window with Molly.
        1. During such a time, Molly does not converse and the trade window remains open. Is this correct?
        2. Some of these times, the player is able to attempt to "buy" again and it works. Other times, the attempt to "buy" again will result in the same failure. Is this correct?
        3. These "trade failure" times appear to coincide with the moment Molly changes her schedule. However, she doesn't leave to go upstairs. Is this correct?

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For the experience that I've just had upon posting that thread :

I got to Molly's shop, and saw her start running upstairs to her bed. I managed to catch up to her before she laid down, and the conversation window opened. I asked to browse he wares, to which she replied "Of course", which closed the conversation window, and nothing else happened, the trade window didn't open or nothing. I could interact with her again no problem, bringing up the conversation window just fine, but she still wouldn't open the trade window after saying she would every time I asked her.

Elgarion, Time Lord and Sannio like this.
  4. Sannio

Was there anything between you and Molly? Door, bed, nightstand, etc? Sometimes NPCs have trouble talking around corners, through doorways, or even over low objects like a chair. Even if the conversation begins, the actions of the conversation (including opening trade windows) don't always occur if there's something blocking the path between you and the NPC.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'll try to reproduce, get a loc and bug report it, get you tagged in there, seems like it was probably a bug, and I'm still hanging around in Resolute.

But we were standing beside her bed, on the same side of it. Nothing was between us at that moment.

6. Sannio

Thanks for the frequent updates. I'm looking at her bedroom now and can see it's mostly empty. I'm reproducing your issue and am finding that she won't open her trade window while in her bedroom, but if I drag her to the other room upstairs she'll open it. Super weird! I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Issue #69402

Elgarion, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In that case I don't think I should bug report this, seems you've got the repro done! I'll get a bug report done the next time I encounter a weird behavior!

8. Sannio

Yes, no bug report needed this time since I had enough specific details to repro the situation. :)

Elgarion, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

(can always just move this thread into the bug forum, but in this case you then won't have your wishlist post. lemme know which.)

Elgarion likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Did you try to trip her before she got upstairs on the stairs? That seems to me that would work as she would bounce down the stairs, land on her bum, and then get up and be ready to serve her customer. :D

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

My reaction as it happened was "Yo she's just running from me get back here", didn't manage to catch up to her before we got to her room, but I'll try tripping her in the stairs next time!

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.