Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

If there are only 3 plateau then we found all three. Two of them....one by the big bones had no spawner on it....the one directly across from it had no spawner. I am assuming the green thing in the center is a spawner cause only one that showed at the time was the one we found a giant in. Just my thinking on that. Also to add....the scene is so large there could be a few more of those added as well. What would be cool is if they were fighting each other and we had to decide which one we wanted to help. LOL

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I think scenes can be both hard and fun, and many of the episode 2 scenes accomplish that. This one has potenial but still needs a good amount of work, I think because it is so spread out the pathing and 'bouncing' issues feel even more severe. And there are parts that aren't as hard as others, the bears and wolves I encountered near the start of the scene seemed lower tier and there was a barbarian area that didn't seem too high level either. But venture into the areas with the wolf packs and beware.

I do however hope that not ALL episode 2 scenes will be 'one of the hardest in the game'. We are really lacking in tier 6-10 scenes in my opinion. And we haven't seen a lot of choose your level scenes that seemed like they were going to be the way episode 2 went. I also have concerns about the level episode 2 story line will require. But don't dismiss every scene as not fun just because it is hard.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't mean to imply that hard cannot be fun, just that the focus is on hard. Also, if a scene requires a group, that's a pretty large hurdle to cross before you can get to the fun.

FrostII and Engel like this.
  4. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

It's clearly group content

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Thank you for opening the zone up for us to run around in! I was able to get in yesterday with a port from Gwendolyn, and man, what a wonderfully expansive zone. It doesn't give the "snow blindness" of some other massively snowy areas either, which is very nice.

I think(?) a lot of the current issues are related to the funky navmesh, so I won't dwell on them too much for now. AoEs don't seem to work in the majority of situations, presumably because of this. I wasn't able to get any affecting the giant, and it seems some of his attacks should be AoEs that aren't landing either.

Though a lot of the non-AoE attacks miss as well. It seems like he's a very large model with a normal hitbox and range? It means that if you're physically placed underneath his hammer as it comes down you're actually too far away to be damaged. You have to be between his legs to deal or take most damage from him it seems, even poking him in the foot means you're too far away.

The new tribe in the crevice was really exciting to see! Loot table looks like dragon clan, so I am thinking maybe they're cloned off those guys and have yet to receive unique loot?

The zone seems like a fire mage's dream. The giants need full healing modifier debuffs it looks like, they take fire damage well (and seemingly sun too), they're susceptible to knockdown and fairly slow. Flame Fist, Fire Arrow, Festering Death, Evaporate, Ignite Weapon, Knockdown. I've started changing back to fire on QA to see if they're soloable. The wolf packs should be burnable without any trouble at all (though I didn't test for a massive fire resist), curious to see their artifact drop rate.

I wasn't able to see any of the tornadoes, even when a party member was standing right next to one on their screen. Tried playing a little bit with display settings but to no avail.

Elgarion, Sannio, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We'll have lower-tier scenes, certainly. In fact, I'm currently working on a tier 8 scene for Episode 2 that will be a little north of Lord British's Castle.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's the best news I've heard all week!

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

One issue i had was using night vision there. Snow blind for sure....but it was fun running around with Gwen though

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh maybe a scene where night vision is bad and makes you use Light instead? If that's the reason I'd wouldn't mind turning Night vision off in 1 scene!

Anpu likes this.
  10. Sannio

Fans of Jotungrund: This new scene is now available on the Live server. The frost giant fights are disabled on the Live server for now while we continue to work on them, and other additions will come in the near future, but for now everyone is welcome to enter and explore this new area!

11. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There should be a good quantity of roaming lower-tier creatures, as well as lower-tier barbarians (if you hang a right out of the initial spawn base after ascending the hill (Northwest corner) and elementals. I tried to be conscious of not having the entire zone be tier 15+ so it'd be prohibitive to folks that are a little lower.

Also, as Sannio mentioned, we have lots of mid and lower tier content planned for the near future!

Bouncing barbarians.. working on it! I'm aware nav mesh issues

Barbarians based on dragon clan - yup! The will however receive unique loot and goodies (WIP)

12. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Here's some teasers of the Frost Giant fight (WIP)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That seems so unreal! Can't wait to try that out!!!

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

stab his toe! stab his toe!

Elgarion and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  16. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Yeh, me too. In fact, using night vision in this scene is almost detrimental .

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The current scene while running around solo with only an Earth Elemental, the navmesh issues for summoned creatures now seems to be much better, and the creatures don't seem to be doing the hitting you from far away thing.

I REALLY like the new (Daily? Repeatable?) new quest in there (go through the scene and find the light to turn on, then return for a reward). That's nicely integrated.

I *almost* wasn't able to resurrect at an ankh, due to the lack of any scene map (I could not see an ankh that might be closest to me, and just picked one on the compass and prayed for the best). I did finally find one with around 40 seconds to spare before I would have taken a massive durability hit to my gear.

Still greatly looking forward to this scene! I'm really liking this so far. Keep doing what it is you are doing. :D

18. Sannio

Thanks for the kind words! It's a daily quest.

Anpu likes this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Grrr. Even if maps for current scenes are slow in coming, no new scene should go live without a map. It should just be part of the process.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Haven't new scenes been coming with a map since a little bit?

They aren't even done with the scene yet either, probably holding off on making the map until they are done with it first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.