1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] AFK disconnects while idle on lot, basement, dungeon, or POT that you own

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by nimueCW, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Did you do anything that earned experience? Oracle test, etc?

2. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

Thank you for asking, no, absolutely not. These were only enjoying sitting in homes, chatting here and there, with no pet, in npc towns. I was trying to find some catalyst that pushed me out like, different towns, on my property on no property. It all seems random, with no rules commanding. The above example time frame was: Wharfs from approx.8am to 445pm no afk booting. Ported to Brit Estates, booted 10 min later. No pet, no exp spent or gained.

I have considered that sometimes, it may be the free daily exp that seems to pop up randomly, but hard to prove from my angle, however, I have my doubts, because normally when I get booted after being afk for many hours, I do log back in right away, and try to stay in game afk again, but I get booted after multiple attempts, and normally give up and stay offline. And that free random experience only comes once a day.

Maybe the oracle has gained a conscious AI, and once you port, she detects your presence, and when you try to afk again, she says, NOPE!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  3. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

At first when the new afk ruleset was in place, it was working well, then after some time, it was required to hunt randomly for a town that would not boot afk, but now, there are no safe towns, and the afk timer is brutal. Please help:)

4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Copying over the testing thoughts from my inadvertent duplicate report:

I've been testing this for a week or so and it definitely appears to be related to zoning (sometimes just a trip down to the basement will trigger it).

Both my main character and alts experiencing this, on lots one of the accounts owns and all the others have co-owner access to.

Thus far my testing is looking like:

A "fresh" login onto the lot, with no zoning - thus far 100% will stay on for many hours
    Take a trip shopping to Novia Market, Silverdale, Crafters Town etc (I'm lazy and use a zone scroll to get there and recall back - walking between the towns) and when come back will very frequently get kicked
    Go mining / adventuring, when come back will often get kicked
    Sometimes just popping down to the basement and back seems to trigger it

DavidDC, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

One more observation - when I said a "fresh" login above this means a full client restart - I have now observed it happening after previously being kicked then just logging straight back in without a full client restart.

Anpu and DavidDC like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Woot :D

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Reported as fixed in R93 - needs testing

9. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

This seems fixed! I was able to leave my character standing in my house for over a half hour the other day. Previously I had been kicked within 15 minutes or so. Thank you!

Scanphor, nimueCW, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I've done some testing on this by doing the things that were triggering this and agreed it does appear fixed so far :)

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Awesome - marking this as fixed, from my observations as well.

Scanphor and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.