Today on QA (R92)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Aug 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Hello everyone! We got the first QA build of R92 today, so no better time to get together and share what we've found. As always a big thank you goes to everyone who helped check these things on stream.

QA Build 1232:

The Stone Rotunda Dungeon Room can now be deco'd on nearly all the floor area. The walls are curved and are excluded from being deco surfaces, but not being able to hang lights or plants off some of the flat cieling sections was a slight bummer.

Deed Names have been given an update that makes them easier to sort and understand.
    [​IMG]

New items have been added to the Buy Orders list including:
    • Dragon Eggs
    • Misc. Dragon Bones
    • Clockwork Dragon Heads
    • Wyvern Heads
    • Dungeon Totems - All types, all levels
    • Hardened Flask, Empty
    • Jar of Cooking Oil
    • Jar of Vegetable Stock
    • Flour
    • Aether Potions
    • Pie Dough
    • Shadow Potions*
    • Pure Elemental Sand
    • Pure Elemental Ice
    • Quartz
    • Small Ball of Clay
    • Snowball
    • Spools of Thread (all types)
    • Leather (all types)
    • Zinc
    *Shadow Poison is currently missing, and an unknown clearly unfinished shadow potion has (perhaps mistakenly?) been added as well.
    [​IMG]

All fishing baits are labeled with [Bait] at the end of their name.

The Frost Giant in Jutongrund seems unchanged, though we didn't kill one to check its loot. I was having serious desync issues (wasn't instance master) and lots of navmesh areas were apparent.

Some Broken Textures have popped up, and a bug report can be found here.

Potion Debuffs are still a bit wonky. There's an ongoing bug thread here, and I will try to provide a better update soon.

Misc. Check-In Items that weren't expected to change (and didn't) include:
    • Pax Ring Stats, Dual-Use, and Salvage
    • Non-Tired Artifacts (such as Cabalist Hoods and Weapons)
    • Ancient Staves Salvage
    • Warlock Chain Salvage

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Mal Hari, Winfield, StarLord and 8 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it's not, the name starts with poison, like all the poisons

do all of these things have bugs?

Time Lord, Mal Hari, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  3. Coswald_Dirthmire

Ah, thank you! I saw your update to the bug thread as well, though it makes me wonder if the recipe name itself is a bug? In the book and on the recipe itself the name is given as "Potion of Shadow Poison", seemingly the only one that defies the 'poison first' naming convention there.

Mostly they're not bugs at this point. The pax ring jewel status is listed as "Delayed" in the imbued jewels spreadsheet and I don't know that the stats are going to change at all. It seems plausible that the recovery rate might drop to e.g. 25% or so for jewels/epics, but it's speculation based on past trends at this point. There is an existing (unreported?) bug related to being able to dual-equip certain combinations of pax rings at the moment, though with a working softcap on bait recovery and Elgarion's comments strongly indicating they'd be opened up to full dual-equip in future I've not looked too deeply into it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

No and shouldn't, those are things Coswald expects some changes at some point, and is just letting us know haven't happened yet, ex. The Untierable arties, we know something is bound to change as per Elgarion, we just don't know when nor how.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Coswald_Dirthmire I've seen rumors of newer combos. Next time you hop on QA mind checking if you see new ones?

6. Coswald_Dirthmire

Ah, good thought! Only thing I see is the ConeOfCold combo that can be seen on live. It can be used on live and the words of power and animation are those of the Rainbow combo, though the damage is labeled in the combat log as ConeOfCold. Testing it on QA it seems this is still the case.

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hmmmm, k, I'll probably remove that pet potion rather than finishing until there's a fix for pets losing their buffs on zone. Likely wouldn't be an INT buff for a pet though. I started working the Pax Ring stuff, but decided to do it all when I have time to study all the bait drop rates and their bonuses. I really like these monthly posts & QA help efforts btw :) Super helpful to get some early feedback.

Time Lord, Mal Hari, FBohler and 6 others like this.
  8. Alley Oop

that i can get behind. if you bug it, i will verify.

Time Lord and Mal Hari like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1234:
    Note: I was a bit late in typing this up, so a new version of QA has already been released at the time of posting. I'll be hopping on and making a new post for that version soon.

Floating Lanterns are now POT Placeable

The Base Combat skill in each tree does not yet affect glyph damage
    , according to glyph damage tooltips. This change will be coming in soon, as Elgarion relayed in this post. For a bit more on the backstory to this, check out this post and the links therein.

A potential new recipe for Wall Boards was added. I don't recall having seen these before, hopefully someone can clue me in if we've actually had them for a while.
    [​IMG]

Crit Chance stat in the Show More section of the paper doll now reflects more accurate real world numbers. Because these numbers are mob dependent (?) they've been shown based on attacked vs a practice dummy, and may still differ from observed crit rates.

Tooltip for "Low Ammo" icon has been fixed.

A bug that allowed users to fish and enter combat as a permanent ghost seems to have been fixed.

Mal Hari, FBohler, Elgarion and 5 others like this.
  10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I will let Coswald do a more detailed explanation, but a group of us tested in Jotungrund on QA this afternoon and figured I'd post here my comment I posted on discord:

Pet and mob pathing is MUCH improved. Felt like actual fighting instead of my pet and the mob doing some kind of dance where they lunge at each other from a distance occasionally. Unfortunately there were still desync issues in a party and half of us were invisible to each other. And while the giant was getting a few hits in he was still mostly broken (both us hitting him and him hitting us)

Oh, and there is a new daily there!

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Dyable please! Fingers crossed!

Mal Hari and Time Lord like this.
  12. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1235:

Non-Attunement Imbued Gems and Jewels that are associated with a specific magic school can now be Enchanted with special properties corresponding to that magic school. For instance, a chest piece socketed with an Imbued Gem of the Earth Summoner can be enchanted with Strength of Earth Bonus or Air Resistance, just as if it had been socketed with an attunement gem. This has some nice implications for a lot of the gems and jewels. As an example a mage is no longer sacrificing roughly 42 attunement to use a specialty imbued gem in their wand, but only 25, since the 17 attunement enchantment can now be added.

We tested one or two dozen combinations of jewels/gems/necklaces/rings/chests/wands and every imbued gem/jewel that was associated with a magic class gave the enchants that would be expected if an attunement gem for that class had been used instead. Testing was done on a number of non-magic related imbued gems and jewels (master carpenter/tailor/etc jewels, bludgeon combat gems, etc) and none of these were found to have special enchantments associate with them (yet).

Jotungrund improved, but still not finished. As Gwendolyn mentioned above the pathing in the zone is much improved, though there's still some bouncing from mobs, and major desync issues were observed, with players sometimes being on near opposite sides of the map for different observers.

Frost Giant Mechanics improved, but still not finished. The Frost Giant will sometimes apply a cold effect that was not being applied before, but still does not take damage from rend or AoE spells, and AoE spells will not even place on the ground near him. Many of his attacks still miss players that seem as though they should be in range, and many attacks on the giant do not land. It is hard to know how much of this may be a desync issue, though ground-pound from the giant was applying confusion without doing damage, indicating target was within range.

Frost Giant's Health Increased to 1,317,274. He's a hearty lad.

Misc. Check-In Items that weren't necessarily expected to change (and didn't) include:
    • Horses Jumping (not yet implemented)
    • Leather Belts use Cloth Masterworking Skill
    • Buy/Sell Limit on Public Vendors is 10 items
    • Tartarus Zombie (Poison) Room does not spawn

Mal Hari, Rinaldi, Vaentorian and 5 others like this.
  13. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1237:
    Anyone wishing to check out the full QA session we did can check out the twitch video here.

The Paper Doll for Pets has been added
    with the slots "Collar", "Toy", and "Accessory". While players are allowed to examine the stats of other's pets (similar to examining each other) there's currently a display bug when doing so. Stats for the pet update live as buffs, foods, frenzy, etc. are applied.

Exceptional bow crafts give a durability effectiveness bonus, which fixes the bug reported here.

Frost Giant fight in Jotungrund is improved and players can now (at least partially?) transverse the barrier during the fight. More of the attacks seem to land, but DOTs and AOEs are still broken or mostly broken. Attacks from a more reasonable distance are hitting, so players no longer have to stand between the giant's legs to exchange damage. Being killed by the giant now results in an odd frozen-in-place death with the giant continuing to attack the corpse, and no Resurrection seeming to be possible.

No additional Enchant options found from non-magic-school-associated imbued gems/jewels were found, but testing was not particularly intensive.

Misc. Check-In Items that weren't necessarily expected to change (and didn't) include:
    • Pax Ring does not give an Imbued Jewel upon salvaging.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Another patch with fixes for the giant this evening (QA 1238)!

Combat finally feels like it is really working. He is certainly doing a lot more damage both with his AOEs and his hammer attacks. He doesn't kill me and croc instantly but I wouldn't want him to. And even better my rends are doing damage (before they only seemed to do the healing modifier before) and I can hit him with my other attacks- thrust, coup, and whirling blades always missed him. So Yay! Of course his health bar never went down, I can't overcome his healing. I wouldn't want to be able to solo him, but I might be able to help a group.

Now the negative for the giant battle- The cylinder of clouds surrounding the battle now spins really really quickly. So after a bit I became dizzy. I'm sure I wont be the only one to be bothered by this effect. Maybe slow them back down?

Also not giant related:

Some of us explored the new scene: The Outlaws' Run earlier today. Looking good with a lot of little nooks with their own flavor. A couple of quests already including a daily (though I never did find that horse). And a wave event that yields a new deco as a reward (see Rinaldi's post in the feedback forum for more info!) I'm very happy that this is a tier 8 scene and curious if it will have ties to the main storyline eventually. Negative here is that pets would not follow me around the scene at all and even when teleported didnt really join the fight as much as they should. But once those navmesh issues are resolved the scene should be a great addition to the mid level content!

Time Lord, FBohler, Mal Hari and 5 others like this.
  15. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Ooo do I see row sized water deeds.
    And tax free water deeds on that list.

Time Lord and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  16. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

17. Alley Oop

i would not jump to conclusions about that list, i think they may have just created every combo automatically.

18. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

awesome job as always Coswald, thanks for the information.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I still feel that people should be able to upgrade their POT water deeds to tax-free.

Wilfred, Mal Hari, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  20. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1241:
    A big thank you to Gwendolyn Obscuro for helping fight the Frost Giant on QA today, and to List Rostov for checking out the fight to help dial in the zone, and sharing some all important Festering Death potions with us. For this fight you sure need them!

The Frost Giant fight is much smoother, but List mentioned that some attacks were hitting for too little and that other effects weren't working. The intent is for hailstorms to prompt movement during the fight, and for lightning strikes from the ring to do significantly more damage than they currently do.

Unique Frost Giant loot includes Frost Giant's Eye, an offhand water orb that makes a heck of a deco piece, and whose imbued gem (Imbued Gem of Ice Field) offers the same enchants as a tempestry gem. Other unique items include hammer and helm fragments, and recipes to combine them into deco pieces. Some of this loot info comes from what we found today, and some comes from what Estroma Tólito shared in the Shroud discord.
    [​IMG]

Base stats (Int, Str, Dex) potions have been changed to offer 7+(0.1*AdeventureLevel) of their associated stat (Dex for Deftness potions, etc) and -3 of the other stats. The positive effect of these potions scale according to the Elixir Receptive skills, but the negative effects do not. As an example an Adventure Level 120 player taking a Potion of Deftness would receive 7+(0.1*120) = 7+12 = 19 Dex, -3 Int, -3 Str.

Potion of Deftness, Imbued and likely other imbued stats potions have been added, and do not stack with their non-imbued counterparts. The Potion of Deftness, Imbued recipe dropped for us off an Outlaw mob in the new Outlaw's Run zone. The formula for the base power of these potions seems to be 10+(0.15*AdeventureLevel) of their associated stat (Dex for Deftness potions, etc) and -5 of the other stats. The positive effect of these potions scale according to the Elixir Receptive skills, but the negative effects do not. As an example an Adventure Level 120 player taking a Potion of Deftness, Aether would receive 10+(0.15*120) = 10+18 = 28 Dex, -5 Int, -5 Str.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Decorative Versions of Plants can drop from the Druid in Outlaw's Run, from Supply Bundles, and from Agriculture. We harvested 3200 Barley Plants and received 36 of the mature plant decos and 28 of the non-mature decos. This is 64 decos total for an observed drop rate of 1 in 50. These decos can be placed on lots or in POTs. Also of note was the 169 seeds we received, which seems like an increase over previous quantities?

New Loading Screen Art added to at least some zones. I noticed this piece while loading into a POT.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.