New deco? Possible Spoiler!

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Rinaldi, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

When doing the wave battle in the Mysterious grove in Outlaws Run, an "Ancient Druid" appears, and each time i killed the druid, I got a decorative plant. I only killed the druid 3 times, so i am not sure if more deco plants will drop as loot. I don't deco much , so I am not sure if these are new. If they are not new deco, Outlaws Run will still be a new place to get these items.

P.S. There are no roses on the rose bush. ? Bug or graphic not finished? Or maybe they have to bloom over time?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If they can clip into each other, then I say I like them because then they could be mixed to create differing garden deco effects. But if they colide and must be spaced apart like they are in the picture, then I think they need to be modified to be able to clip.
    ~Time Lord~

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

since the lemon tree has a tag on it that says (mature) there's probably a (mature) rose bush with roses, too

there probably isn't a need for immature roses of all colors, though, it'd be the same art

looks like the lemon tree is hanging over the rose bush a bit on the right, so good sign for colission

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I found barley and tea plants! Very fun.

5. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

There is some overlap for lemon tree and rose bush (they are placed as close as possible below), and the garlic plant can be placed very close to the trunk of the tree and rose bush. So can bunch them close enough to make a lush garden without much gap between plants

[​IMG]

could be...immature plants not bearing fruit/flowers while mature plants are bearing fruit/flowers. That does make sense, and allows a deco garden to have multiple "stages" of growth for each plant.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Time Lord like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess if these are going to be handed out as loot then being able to convert your grown plants into deco will never happen.

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nope, you get them as small chances in agriculture too. Small chance in supply bundles. Always a chance on the druid as a special for him. 54 plant varieties, all mature (blooming or with fruit/veggies showing), and regular is just the plant without the fruit etc.
    New for R93 ;)

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

seems like that'd make some unneeded duplicates. for instance, all rosebushes look the same before they bloom. i suspect the two grapes might, too.

9. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Albeit they do list as separate items, they all used the same basic prefab initially, but you'll find I gave each one a slight different size and shape to give some appearance changes and some variation in how they look as deco. Grapes, those 2 currently look exactly the same (the 2 non-mature ones), although I can probably give them a similar treatment. In my notes.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sounds good.

11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Now if these things are subject to deco manipulation that can be interesting. Would be nice to use the grapes on an arbor or lattice

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Roses do not bloom in the snow, silly:)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.