1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

STOP IGG INFLATION!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Aug 30, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi! Admins, Developers, Game Masters! Did you see what happens with COTO rates? Or you need useless IGG like in Neverwinter? Stop inflation! Cheapest COTO rate is 350! Every new release ALL costs grow up! STOP IT!!!

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think the merchants have a big part in this, hoarding thousands and thousands of Crowns to inflate the prices.

Also, loot was increased at the demand of players. It's the players who complained about not finding it worth it when killing things, and wanted increased loot, increased gold and everything.

Gotta stop blaming the devs on everything, we like to tell people how players helped shape this game with all our suggestions and what not, but when something bad happens, it's always the devs fault.

I say this is one of the "consequences of our actions" players wanted so much, just turns out it's not the one you expected. Too bad.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

All old MMORPG suffer from gold inflation. There is no simple way to fix it unless there is a new SOTA 2 series with a fresh start for everyone.

COTO price is affected by too many factors:
    - Less player buying COTO from official website and selling COTO to others
    - Many player farming gold easily "as game ages" and buying COTO from others
    - Lack of gold sink mechanism (e.g. tax free deed from day one design). Players have much more gold to buy COTO from others after certain investment
    - Major repair pushing up COTO price. Players often spend COTO to retain their max level gears

I choose to buy COTO from official website when there is a big inflation.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This did not come without warning, The Fellowship announced it...

What happened...

This is a shift in pricing I anticipated as a result of wealthy player's recent actions in R-90 through R92 as well as continuing market trends. It takes time for market rates to react to great shifts in wealth and items being liquidated into currency or eleminated through large sales into hands that would not re-sell.

It doesn't take much for such shifts to happen, but the trends can be seen in the amount of shops within shopping towns. Our shopping/craft towns have seen significant reductions in their populations, with many traders headed out of game due to other trends. The exiting player will sell everything, then move what gold they can into coto which they hope to liquidate after leaving the game to fund their next game's market.

Even when we speak of consumable resouces like mining ores, when stocks that were once maintained at stable levels become suddenly strained due to those suddenly becoming empty or depleted, such shifts send ripples through the market which eventually find their way to effecting coto price levels.

For my own part, within the past 2-3 months I bought 55 mil gold worth of consumables while also targeting high value super rares for purchase. I've taken quite a bit off the market until I reached a point where those high traders I was dealing with became competitors. It was at that point I stopped, because I knew I had impacted the market enough to cause a significant wave.

It was the actions ubove (along with the actions of others) which caused some player/traders to see a good exit and take it, thereby reducing the number of trade players competing.

These were only my own actions which caused the actions of some others. Where there is movement, there is always market opportunity. Knowing when to hold and when to sell makes a trader, yet when a player such as me, who does not sell, takes a significant amount off all markets and especially high rare markets and important consumables, this causes traders to restock their consumables and rares, which they then re-value for their time spent gathering them at re-sale level pricing.

Our current markets are still flooded with mid-range rares, which I did not purchase in any significant way, "because they are and have been very over priced".

These new coto values I see as a market value correction which will subside once these waves through our markets have passed. There is a time for purchasing and a time for selling, and this is not the time to buy coto while they're inflated.

Our markets are not that deep in the amounts of resources and high level rares. There was just not that much of those to be able to sustain a well over 55 mil gold purchase without being effected.

I bought low, and all the traders that I cleaned out know that, and some I cleaned out even at their high pricing levels within the consumable market.

So, don't blame the traders, because they are not evil, "I am" :D
    [​IMG]
    There is always a time to buy and a time to sell ~Time Lord~:cool:

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

One of the only ways I see to stop inflation is to make all the items for sale as a universal game wide listing. This would encourage shoppers who now spend days at a time searching for items that they need for crafting and thus building xp as well as saving gp when they can find a decent price quickly.
    While I admire those craft towns with massive numbers of vendors, I also get irritated at the inflated prices in some of those areas.
    There are arguments that the high prices are "what the market will bear" however inflating the cost over ten times what another vendor might sell the same item for is not good for the game economy.
    I am not asking for price fixing. I also realize that a consortium of avatars would take advantage and buy up all the lower priced "ITEM" and put it on their vendor(s) at a higher price.
    I want balance in the game economy.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Some of the posts there are from today :rolleyes: If you're looking to buy or sell anything at any price, communicate that desire with another person.

• Then why are you there shopping? I know they have a Neiman Marcus around where you live and I also know there's Walmart stores. We go to those shopping malls because they offer variety as well as availibility. "Inflated prices you say?" I'm thinking that's an issue between you and the crafter, where he may value his time just as much as you value your time spent shopping and hunting, when you could craft things yourself, yet you don't have time for that, which then points back to those goods the crafter makes as being more valuble, resulting in those higher prices you say "they have".
    So, inflated, "no", valuble, "yes". People place their own value on their availible playtime and ability to wait vs making a quick sale as in a 7-11.

• Place effort into your own economic needs, or into a better apreciation for the efforts of others trying to provide you with your desires.
    • If you think they are charging you too much, then you need better friends or to make some friends that enjoy those types of Shroud of the Avatar enjoyment which produce your needs.

While all that may sound like a lecture or a dig at what you're trying to convey through your position, an adversary stance to oppose the crafting class of player, you need to look at those recipies and what all goes into them as well as the time it takes to...
    • Gather all that up
    • Place all that together
    There's not much easy when it comes to crafting and those players also have to fit their oun hunting time into their play schedual, which is something you need to understand befor demanding other's time is less valuble than your own. Shopping takes time to get a "good deal", and that time is where some call "play time", because they're buying and selling as a good traveling saleman would do. There is something coming to make shopping more quick to check for in cities, but world wide we already have https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/ but few will use it, prefering to expend their typing time wanting to cut out the middle man or de-value another's play style.

There were indicators which caused my huge shopping trip mentioned in my ubove post:

• The surplus goods boxes that were created for players to get some unique reward by turning in low value, high volume items was one. Though small, such turn in propped up the values of other more valuble consumables. I wanted to capitalize on that small upward pressure, so I did.
    • I advertized in the forums of a thread calling for universal shopping that I was willing to spend an insane amount of gold to get a complete set of the finest armor. That post fell on deaf ears from all those so conserned as to have griped 4 pages worth of debate over shopping. Not a single offer was made, even when 5mil gold was offered.
    • I also advertized in our forums player market threads, where the same responce was again nothing but silence.
    • I began shouting on the ingame trade channel with the same responce.
    • Party hunting areas were coming with more to follow, meaning that players would have less time to craft.
    :rolleyes: All that added up to, was that it was time to strike, because prices were headed up on vital goods. All the upward market pressures were there. It was with those indicators which lead me to realize that we really didn't have that many crafters who had the time for more proper avid marketing or crafting. People were just not as motivated to craft or vend as they thought they were. Stuff was sitting on venders doing nothing, not being sold because of bad advertizement and not being purchased because players didn't want to know each other as much as they do now that party only hunting areas are now more availible. It was a pivital time to buy then or pay more later.

So o_O it doesn't matter whether or not we have universal shopping or not, because most just don't have the fun playtime to spare to craft anything to place for sale. Later in September that will have somewhat changed, yet that is the rythum our economy has, all depending on how exciting a new patch release is. There are not that many truly dedicated crafters, and that's what makes their time more valuble, which some here in this thread are calling inflation.

As you can now see through the ubove mentioned market pressures, the price rise of everything was going to rise anyway, no matter if I bought it all up or not. It was going to slowly happen if I didn't choose to take that opportunity. I helped wipe some players out of the game, because they were just hanging on, logging in just to see if they sold some of their stuff in a sort of lingering death. Our game is now changing in very dramatic ways which now looks like we will see some and have seen many returning players engaging once more in the actual game.

We got a new game on, we got challenging content beyond what we've ever encountered before which is forcing us to develop bonds with those who must hunt around us because we must hunt around them or neither would be able to hunt our new content at all.

It's not inflation, there's not that many venders in crafting towns, there's no time to craft for re-sell for most, because it's time for game.

[​IMG]
    It's not inflation, it's market correction due to more game content being availible.
    ~Time Lord~

Tahru likes this.
  7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Based on my calculations and igg-$-COTO rates, fair price for COTO should be even higher then 350, COTO price in IGG on the market was too low for years.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Daxstalker

Daxstalker Avatar

What a pity u don't cleaned me :)

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Seems like you're too pricey even for the deep pockets of the Time Lord! :eek::D

Pifester and Time Lord like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Daxstalker has what you need!~
    ~or knows where to find it!~
    [​IMG]
    ~Daxstalker is a perfect trader!~
    ~Daxstalker's prices reflect real market value!~

Daxstalker is a great trader and also perfect midle man. He reflects everything a good trader should be and he is not over priced, he's correct pricing and a person everyone needs to go shopping at his place as their first stop. If you know anyone who is a top trader, then you will know Daxstalker, otherwise, you're not even in the running for top trader status ;)!

I bought allot of things from Daxstalker, but he is priced "not to go out of business", which many others were. I am a huge property owner thanks largely to Daxstalker as well as 2 other perfect traders.

I don't like mentioning players unless they point themselves out because that's gossip, yet also because many of the top traders do not make their best deals through a vender.

:oops: Market Correction Wave Example...

Two I will point out who haven't chimed in here are "Laz and Jack" of NBNN @Jack SinAssist . I will not mention where they sell, but I will say that their prices reflect real world value, "which is why I didn't buy anything from them, because they are not going out of busness". Yet this is how market waves work; When I aquired a Keep and a Castle property through others, Jack then had one of his largest properties move shortly after, at what I would call real world good value. Each sale in our world or out of our world no matter where it is effects all other trader's item value to become priced to sell.

:oops: The Clearance Sales or Going Out of Busness...

Yet on the other end of this shopping spree, CICI was priced to go out of business and became one of the traders I knew and targeted while I was cleaning out the golden row home market which is one of the super rares in our game. I got a great deal from CICI and helped her along her way by also hitting her vendor for a few consumables.

There are other extremely important traders I haven't mentioned that helped me buy up many things, but the important part is that these are marketing friends and as friends you shouldn't really be stingy with them because they can place you first in line when what you need at the price you need can be had.

Mostly, I helped many players out of business that wanted to go out of business, and our top traders also helped me help those on their way out, "because it was those players who were selling to go out of business who had the best pricing".

In the end, our marketing system is no different than it is in the real world of shopping.

• Good Customers Get Discount Cupons from places they shop at the most. Get friends to get good deals because those friends will remember you just as much as you remember them!
    • Going Out of Business Sales are the best sales, yet only if you know who is actually priced to quickly go out of business.
    • If you want something and you want that something "right now", then convenience shopping costs big sacks of gold.
    Our gaming world is not over priced, nore is it cheap. When rare things are not rare, but only called rare, then don't pay rare pricing for them. If you shop enough, then you will come to know what rare truly is and why they're priced so high. Take a note pad and every time you see the same item listed on a vender as you saw in another shop, start counting them while you compare prices. Get into the trading conversations and learn who the traders are, then find out what they are trading the most.

:oops: The Commodities Market...

Commodities are where the fun is, because there are those shoppers "like me" who maybe won't care so much how much a commodity costs, because they need it now, now this weekend, because that's the only weekend they have to work on their skills befor returning to RL work come monday morning.

Yes this has been a long winded rant about marketing, but the main point here in all of this, is that some are priced to go out of business, while others are priced to remain in busness.

[​IMG]

:oops: We have entered the time of the craftsman...

Take a real walk through all our marketing towns and you will now find much fewer shops in them than there were before. They are the same as the old west gun fight western towns now, where only the top gun-fighters (the top traders) are left standing.

Prices of wares and commodities are at center stage right now due to all those empty shops you see.

It's time for a gun-fight if you want better pricing from a market where the last of the best are still standing.

[​IMG]
    I totally agree! ~TL~

11. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Yes, Neimans and Wally World are both within an hour or so. I cannot afford NM and rarely shop at WW. However this is a good comparison.
    You see, were I to shop at either of the, I would know what they generally have in stock and know how their pricing structure works.
    When I shop in game, I have no idea whether the vendor has anything at all, or any of what I need or can afford at that time until I click on the vendor.
    The various "Market" towns generally have a very large selection of goods and thus a higher possibility to find what I am looking for.
    It can take me several hours to check every single vendor.
    If I am in a smaller POT I can check most of the vendors quickly, and sometimes find items of interest.
    I am just suggesting a way to expedite the shopping, unless of course we start getting xp for shopping time. We could also use xp for deco time.
    I spent a month putting a dungeon together. Connecting a big loop was an experience of frustration and time. But it was more fun than shopping.
    (Or fishing and agriculture)

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This shopping thing of mine actually began as a survey I was taking to see how many "public venders"actually had anything on them.

I don't think it's exactly speed shopping, but from what I've heard...
    I have heard there is something coming that will make it possible to locate items in a town. I know it's been talked about by the developers in a postive sence that they have something in the works. They say the data for universal search is just too large to render, which is why they opted for smaller batches.

It took me around 2 weeks of almost daily shopping to come upon my obsurvations that the market was very shallow in it's quantities of what I considered the most demanded consumables and the rarest of value rares. "It was not easy". It was like trying to see everything offered from Town East Mall and every other shopping mall between clear over to West Bend in FTW. I got nothing else done throughout the whole of it, other than a newly found current knowledge of what towns were empty and what towns have lingering death venders that hadn't been shopped for more than a year in player's lots that I haven't seen in game for many years. It was not easy.

I doubt I would have tageted and heavy invested had I not done all that shopping. So it was a sort of now or never purchase spree of oportunity I saw through it all, so I took it because I was swiming in gold that had seemingly lost it's value. The real steady value in it was only if it were moved into either coto of commodities and high rare. I chose commodities!

I'm currently re-addressing my shopping needs through those "friend connections' I mentioned. I had some before i began, but afterward I now have many more that don't even post a vender. Custom order only and only to those they want to sell too and only when they have the fun time to craft.

So, this shopping thing of mine isn't over yet, but it had to be placed on somewhat hold for now, as I must devote time to some resposibilities I have with the developers and a project of mine they've aided me with. I can't keep those guys waiting, so everything else has to wait.

"Time" is the new rare! My time, your time, everybodies time :D and I do understand and totally agree, we don't have enough time when things like shopping take up so much of it.
    I very much miss the DFTW area, but Thailand is so much cheaper I just can't leave.

Fitting real life into this, we do need something within all of this faster, anything or any part of it.
    but something is coming, I just don't know what.
    ~TL~

(BTW: if my English sounds and reads like it's failing, that's because I'm speaking more Thai language in my life, which is like trying to speak English upside-down and backwards with a totally alien accent :p so sorry!)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  13. Daxstalker

Daxstalker Avatar

A precise and competent analysis of our market and ... thanks for the advertisement

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.