1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Remove watering schedules from agriculture

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Sep 2, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Two games I play use this system for agriculture : If an action is required, it will pause the growing progress.

In SotA, this would result in plants only going to the next stage once the watering is done for the current stage, so if a plant needs 24 hours to grow, it needs 1 watering withing the first 8 hours. To grow to the next stage, it would need to be watered withing those 8 hours or else the growing process would freeze until you water it. Then, when it grows into its next stage, that's when you can do its watering, if it gets watered within 8 hours, it will grow immediately to the next stage else it will freeze.

If a plant is left frozen in a state for as long as its growing stage (so for a 24 hour plant, if it remains unwatered for 16 hours (8x2)) then it will wither and yield no result.

Could this be an idea?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  2. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

ive used the magic mover as a "pause" for watering, cant remember what the end effect was, but I didnt have enough time to water everything, so I tossed all the lots in the mover, and pulled them back out a few days later and watered them - crop came out right, I think I had a extra watering there somewhere

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I get the arguments against the idea but for many of us who have commitments IRL that mean its not possible to log in every 4 hours its virtually impossible most days to grow "quick" seeds in a greenhouse.

So the OP is a possible solution to that - there could be others, eg: some kind of "sprinkler system" that could be set up to water plants in a greenhouse automatically?

At the end of the day this is a game which should allow people to play around RL - not the other way round ;)

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yes - I like this as a compromise solution

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I am sure that there is a Kobold engineer who could make this.
    Build in a well pump and set it like a lawn sprinkler system.

Time Lord and Scanphor like this.
  6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Funnily enough I was thinking "Kobold Sprinkler System" in my head :D

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

131:00 has some agriculture reward increase :)~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.