1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Master Blaster Streaming...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Time Lord, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: "Master Blaster":confused:?' hmmo_O ...
    [​IMG]
    Kobold Surrogate Backpack?...

Does anyone here think we could ever achieve a way to "crew" a single streaming Avatar, like one player is opperating the Avatar and viewing normal operations while the other player is surrogate and opperating the streaming camera angles?

What'cha Tink?
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

huh?

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK, let say you and I were planning on this and like any tank crew game, you hit an option inviting a crew member to man the tank's cannon but instead of the cannon, in this case it's like hopping on a mobile platform "aka You" and streaming from there. You would be running around killing stuff with all the party, while I would be able to use all our normal camera options to pan around and take different angles of the action "around you".

For instance if Laz and Jack were to do a show while riding around two different avatar (let's say two Avatar like Bridge Troll & Echondas) while Laz and Jack exchange views and exchanging views, while not having to be destracted by fighting monsters while they stream and comment on the action.

Does that make any more sence?
    ~Time Lord~

Echondas likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Also reminds me of BioShock.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I was amusing myself in thoughts this morning about this. It would provide unique to streaming views, yet could even be expandable is some ways.

I was thinking of ways to implement this...

• "Kobold Surrogate Backpack" was a name that cought my amusement. A backpack which the player who is ridden could put on to carry the other player around with.
    • Expandable in a combat direction, "Kobold Surrogate Combat Strap", which the surrogate player could wear as a belt (or visa-versa), enabling the surrogate to actually cast spells while mounted.
    • Expandable in it's streaming camera abilities where different effects such as rolling the view or tunneling the view or acting as a wide angle lens or fish lense. aka Kobold Dino Vision, Kobold Spin Cycle, Kobold Fisheye and you get my meaning there "a bit of comic releif should be used in their names"... it's very difficult to give a bad review when something is funny.
    • The backpack and streamer accessories could be sold through the coto store, while the combat belt could be availible only through crafting so this is not P2W
    • The Kobold Surrogate Combat Belt could be craftable with only a single spell within it's design, with the possibilities of Kobold Surrogate Combat Rings as well as armor could then add another each spell, providing an ability to further customize for each differently skilled player.
    No other game has such a marry of streamer things or almost doubling the power of a single player by adding another player via backpack that I know of. The attraction and impact of it alone would attract both streamers, other gamers and many old players back to revisit the game to complain once more that it's nothing like UO :D

The problems within this are that it would be assumed to overpower a single player, yet this is two players, with one hindered in many ways, having limited use or no use of other combat skills.

What happens when the ridden player dies? I'm thinking both die and if that was a pvp situation, then that's 2 pvp kills. But that's just examples of the questions something like this would raise.

~Time Lord~

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm think of a system that offers deeper improved cinematic quality through live camera angles, compelling the viewer to pay attention in it's cinematic impact.

Whether by Kobold Surrogate Backpack or through just an ability to follow an Avatar from his locational view point via the same gaming mechanics as games like WW2Online do with crew served weapons, inviting a ride along with camera abilities free's the central hero to do his thing, while the camera crew and director are freed up to consentrate on their tasks of better presenting the action the hero is providing.

Live streaming is no different than live TV shows, where there's no editing, what you see is what you get with no cuts or retakes, therefore in order to improve live performance, a seperation between actor and crew must be made to handle to double tasking it takes to bring more compelling dramatic impact.

:D~Time Lord~

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.