Return Balloons!!!

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tahru, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I don't know how many NPC towns are involved in this. But I saw Desolis has a new balloon to return the avatar to the POT he/she came from, just like the Fishing Expedition boat! I already had a hatch to Desolis in my POT and it worked perfectly to return me.

I love that feature, thank you!

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm glad you like them!

Below is a list of the NPC towns that have these new purple-canvased teleporters as of this upcoming release.
    1. Aerie
    2. Ardoris
    3. Central Brittany
    4. Desolis
    5. Etceter
    6. Fishing Expedition
    7. Harvest
    8. Jaanaford
    9. Kingsport
    10. Northwood
    11. Port Graff
    12. Resolute
    13. Soltown
    14. Westend
    I plan to add more over time, but they're not super-high priority so it'll take a while. If any NPC Town should be moved up the priority list and get one sooner rather than later, post a suggestion and I'll take it into account.

Mal Hari, Wilfred, Echondas and 9 others like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:) Further Suggestions:

1) I was surprized to see Northwood on the list, because most of the others are well populated NPC towns. I'm happy to see this move forward, it only hits two of the very few NPC towns I placed teleport mega-hubs in. I don't mind this at all, I encourage it, as these are NPC towns and the only reason I had teleport hubs in them is so those (low to extinct population) NPC Towns could become more used & useful.
    These are also very empty NPC Towns which could benefit from this.

• Axwich
    • Smaragar
    • Bramble
    • Eastmarch

2) NPC Towns generally almost never have fast travel signs close to anything to set teleport to. I bring this up because it would be nice to have the return "general" teleport in any NPC Town to be placed near a fast travel signpost so we players could target our teleporters to it. Like the main docks or something similar.

3) I'd also like to see fast travel signs sold in the coto store to be privet lot placeable.

*Note: Each one of these suggestions is a SOTA money maker for both the selling of all types of teleporters as well as fast travel signs.

:) ~I wish I may, I wish I might, have this teleporting wish, I wish tonight~ :)
    [​IMG]

@Sannio
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Mal Hari, hegpetz, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  4. Sannio

I wasn't necessarily adding these new teleporters to popular areas. I added Northwood to just to round out the spread, to make sure Novia's north-central area was represented.

Thanks for the suggestions! Added the to issue #69596

We only added fast travel signpost teleporters into a handful of NPC towns because we want players to not skip past certain types of content (namely merchants and quests), so it's unlikely I'll be adding them to towns that don't have them. However, as I add in more of these "return" teleporters, I'll also review the NPC Town to determine if it also requires signposts.

Although it's an interesting suggestion. it's unlikely that signpost teleporters will be placeable on private lots. They're meant to help travel around a POT, but allowing them to be placed on lots (specifically in NPC towns) conflicts with our goal of not allowing players to skip past important content.

Mal Hari, Elgarion, hegpetz and 5 others like this.
  5. Sannio

Coming Soon: Return teleporters in Bramble, Eastmarch, and all PRTs.

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm sorry I like this so much I have to refresh it :D
    I'm working on many of my own teleport links today, which has reminded me that the larger the project, the more dis-jointed it can seem as well as becoming slightly fragile when one single destination link is changed or has it's targeted signpost moved.
    These are all great things Sannio!

The beauty of art must take precedence over the inconvenience in change!

These return balloons are a great thing for our teleporting network :) and of course we very much look forward to even more!
    ~Time Lord~

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. CrandalltheForth

CrandalltheForth Avatar

I think that the priority for a specific teleporter would be the NPC towns that offer the side quests.
    I know that I have seen several teleporters that offer more than one choice though I am not sure how to set my teleporters up with that option.
    I think they are called teleport mega-hubs?
    Are those only one way to that variety of towns? If so a "return to origin would be a good thing for those towns to have, or another teleport mega-hub for the other side quest towns.

Time Lord and Mal Hari like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you cannot. those are dev-placed.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Radicus

Radicus Avatar

Celestis never gets any dev love. :(

No quests, no dock containers, npcs barely have schedules (the guard by the crafting pavilion just stands there all day and night.) It's a shame as it's such a unique map, great mechanized performing stage and out of the way shrine pavilion and zen garden. Surely it merits _some_ attention? Maybe a music/bard or repeatable type quest? It was the mother of all island maps after all, the celestial isle!

10. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I would like to see one in Broochash. It has a daily quest and it’s in the middle of nowhere. I burn scrolls every time I do the daily there.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.