QA testing directive: bouncing, floating and sinking feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Sep 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Trying to repost about what I posted last night. If you want this thread somewhere else feel free to move or combine it.

First I ran around a bit on the overland map. I was not able to reproduce the 'Novian Slide'. My move speed isn't very high though so I can't be 100% this is fixed.

Next VulcanJedi came over to my inn in Northwood and we took turns sitting on the various couches and chairs. If there was a lot of room around the seat then everything was good. But each time the couch, chair, stool or piano bench was close to an object (table, stage, tavern counter, piano) we saw each other either floating above or sitting next to the seat. So that part is not fixed. VulcanJedi also saw me bouncing in a couple of those instances but I did not see that for him.

We tried testing the sinking using various emotes but had not seen the list in the bug report that was later mentioned. Most of the emotes seemed fine but for sit and play dead we saw ourselves sinking into the ground (more on a snowy hill and less on a flat floor but still some). We saw each other much less sunk than we saw ourselves. I did not have a problem with handstand but did not try the others on the list of troublesome emotes.

Since we were testing we decided to bring croc to Jotun to see how he faired there. He still sinks in the snow a bit, especially going uphill, but when he stop he seems to rise back to the surface and you can see his claws again. His name remains underneath him in the snow though. I figure the croc is an edge case and that may not be directly related to thsi thread but I thought I'd mention it.

Another not quite related note: one of hte times Vulcan came into my house I saw him just standing outside the door. Later when he went out and back in I saw him running at the door and then suddenly he was next to me.

Ok well thats what I remember, if anyone remembers anything else I said feel free to mention it below. And I don't have the /devbug anymore but testing was in Northwood and Jotungrund and my other data should be available in other bug threads.

Elgarion, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm still getting the sliding while walking animation on the overland (Novia and Mistrendur and Hidden Vale). :/

If you speak to the guard out side the Jarl's Hall
    Area: Tanglemire (Mistrendur_R1_Tanglemire) Loc: (61.352, 121.119, 64.173) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMV9UYW5nbGVtaXJlfHwoNjEuMzUyLCAxMjEuMTE5LCA2NC4xNzMpfCgwLCAwLjg3LCAwLCAtMC40OTMpfDE5OS42Mzc2fDMyLjk3MTA1fDE3Ljk5OTk4
    Your feet still sink into the ground when speaking to them.

Still seeing creatures do the bouncy thing in Jotungrund
    Area: Jotungrund (Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund) Loc: (320.085, 113.453, 1058.609) DBG: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoMzIwLjA4NSwgMTEzLjQ1MywgMTA1OC42MDkpfCgwLCAwLjk1MiwgMCwgMC4zMDUpfDE0NC40Mzg1fDIuNzEwMDMyfDMw
    Southeast of this location

09/15/2021 09:05
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1249.Date.09.06.21
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (421.9, 15.0, -42.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg0MjEuOTMsIDE1LjAxMSwgLTQyLjc0MSl8KDAsIC0wLjIxOCwgMCwgMC45NzYpfDI5MC40ODEyfDI4LjgwOTcyfDQw

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

1253 is up

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm not given any option to download 1253 currently on stand alone install (Windows). Still showing 1249 as current build.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

hmm, wonder if that got screwed up with the server mess last night. For the record the testing VulcanJedi and I did was on the new 1253 patch, and I downloaded it from standalone windows before the servers went down.

6. Alley Oop

it shouldn't, the qa server handles its own login and i THINK patching stuff, but i pinged devilcult on discord (since he was around). the patches ARE still on the torrent server.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Echondas just FYI you aren’t using the latest qa version. Something broke.

FrostII and Echondas like this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Doh.. I just patched and re-tested & reposted some bugs from last night *that got lost from the dB issues.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

DC: seem like the amazon rollback thingy reverted the version of the qa build on the db, chris is making another right now.

Will wait for the new build. Thanks!

FrostII likes this.
  10. necronut

necronut Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

necronut likes this.
  12. necronut

necronut Avatar

Chris said essentially the same on twitter. I misspoke without seeing the bigger picture. I patched very, very early.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was able to update to build 1253, thank you!

The walking/skipping animation is now gone, when walking on the overland.
    But this change has now completely removed the slower walking speed when walking on certain terrain cells (hills, mountains, forests etc...) and faster walking speed when on a road terrain cell. The player now will walk at the same exact speed no matter what terrain they are walking on. I don't have an issue with this, others may.

I was not able to observe sinking into the ground speaking to NPC's any more. This now seems to be working correctly.

While running around Jotungrund on a horse, and riding up and then down the various inclines of the areas there, there is MUCH less jarring "bumping up and down" when descending down elevations. It's currently very noticeable and jarring in live. But much better in this build.

So far, so good! :D

necronut and Violet Ronso like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I sink into the ground if I use the /sit emote.

Elgarion likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's all that fatty wyvern meat. Have a damn salad once in a while.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  16. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.