The New Vendor Listings in Zone

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Anpu, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for all the hard work. Couldn't it just be a one item search at a time so not everything loads? If someone wants to search a vendor then they can go search the vendors to see what they have. One item searches globally is my desire though. It makes it so every player in the game with vendors are known and gives them a chance to sell also. No one should be left out of the market system. The search should reach all player vendors in every town.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    FrostII, Elgarion and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

I have been using the serach vendor for almost 2 days now and tested dozen of towns. It is not as bad as people think, and besides they said they could improve it.
    Also they are only a handfull of town where it takes some time to load : crafter town, britt mart, novia market, ardoris, silverdale market.

Seriously what is 2-3 min of waiting versus running to them all...

In my opinion, The system is awsome. Great job again. Really like all that as been done this year so far. So @Chris @Elgarion @Ravalox, and all the other devs, keep up the good work.

Diablotine

3. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Took about 10 minutes to load Crafters Town today, I realise this is probably the worst possible test but that does seem a very long time.

It's incredibly useful when it does load however!

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Im not really for a global system myself as its always a race to the cheapest prices. which well good for customers not good for crafters imo. mind you it sure would change the rest of the market if it did come to that. I am happy for what this is, as it now at least is faster for me to pop into a scene check quickly and leave. it for sure does not help new people much, as most will still go to the larger markets vs wandering every little town which is a downside imo. if we want new players to be successful in new markets they willl for sure need to advertise a lot to get the business from the larger established crafting markets.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I work in SQL, its pretty slick for speed and low resources. its why we use it with my Arm processor micro servers as its optimized to work very well. not sure what type of DB the back end is currently.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree sales will most likely go mainly to big market towns. For myself I would go where I could find my item.

As for advertising the trade channel would help if it was static but if you're not logged in when the ad comes out then you don't see the ad unless it is spammed over and over.

When I rallied for bulletin boards in Npc towns long ago it was for advertising purposes as a place for players to go to see what's for sale and I wanted ads to be able to stay and be read by players passing by. Not going to every town to find an item is a plus.

I personally was mixed feelings about showing prices so players don't have to micromanage knowing the market prices but that's a pipe dream I'm sure. I don't like to focus on that and I try to be fair knowing approx what it costs me to make an item.

So anyway it is what it is. It is my personality to rally for ALL players are included and so this decision did not set well with me. We could debate forever in our opinions and in the long run as always it will go how it will or not in this games development and as it happens with RL the big businesses usually will win out. So *cheers* everyone. At least we got some forward progress.

Now to tackle the insufficient advertising system we have in the game so everyone is included in the market if they choose and so we don't have to spam a channel over and over to make sure everyone sees our advertisements. That is a fail for sure. Ads should at least stay in the chat window for everyone to see even newly logging in players that weren't online when the ad was placed and of course there needs to be a better way for us to see them than scrolling forever if they did stay hmmm..... Ummm item search?. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Nick and FrostII like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sean Silverfoot, Nick and Adam Crow like this.
  8. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Just hopped on QA and tested it out, what a huge improvement! It seemed like the large towns were loading more than 5x as fast. There's still a bit of sitting there, but it's a very small price for having all the listings in front of you

Nick, Vaiden Luro, nimueCW and 4 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Can you filter your item?

10. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

There's a search field and/or you can sort by vendor, date posted, etc.

Adam Crow likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Vendor Listing on the latest 1257 build was working just fine. I was seeing a list of everything available and I could search and find what I was looking for? This is un useable? Working great for me.

Improved speed now is MUCH more noticeable. Thanks for that. I get this is a crapload of items.

We still need to see a list of buy orders.

Still missing a select item, select destination marker option for the vendor.

The Weight column could be removed, I can't even see that even needed (and might help improve speed)?

Entering Britt Mart and selecting Window Selector>Vendor Listings in Zone, took approximately 2:18 to load the full listing.
    Entering Ordinis Mortis and selecting Window Selector>Vendor Listings in Zone, took approximately 0:40 to load the full listing.
    Entering Crafters Town and selecting Window Selector>Vendor Listings in Zone, took approximately 1:13 to load the full listing.
    Entering Novia Market and selecting Window Selector>Vendor Listings in Zone, took approximately 1:57 to load the full listing.

So far, looking good. :thumbs up:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Nick, Vaiden Luro, Adam Crow and 3 others like this.
  12. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Yup agree with above, speed is now amazing. Need ability to locate it on the compass though.

Adam Crow likes this.
  13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sounds like this is working better than I anticipated, I'm excited to try it on live!

14. oplek

oplek Avatar

A'right. Now do the QA thing and have 10 people run it at the same time.

Nick likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Avatar

I hope it won't be rushed out into live too quickly. Give it more time in QA. Collect more feedback from players, rather than just put it live and call it a day.

Have more thought on what possibilities it can bring. Example:
    Use it to bring in more cash by selling the function to town owners. (can be a town npc or maybe an orb)
    Rather than make it simply a search, perhaps use it to promote the bulletin board in NPC towns simply by placing the function next to the town bulletin board. (And put more useful info on the bulletin board)
    Make it a gold sink, such that people can use it to teleport to the respective lot by paying some gold coins.
    like @Mapper stated, shows the vendor destination on the compass.

And yep, am liking what I see so far. But I believe it can be much better.

Cordelayne and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It sounds like it's already working fast enough and serving it's main purpose to help players locate items quicker. I see no reason to hold it back if there are no severe performance issues. The things you mentioned above are great ideas tho, and would love to see them in the future!

Nick likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Avatar

Once they go live, I doubt they will work on it anymore. The search is the primary purpose, they will see no need to look at it again. And the opportunity to make it better is lost.

majoria70 likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I may have agreed with that statement in the past, but after seeing the last 6 months of development I couldn't disagree more. They've spent a lot of time polishing up things, adding QoL changes and fixing old systems. Crafting is amazing now compared to what it use to be.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

We all know that it will never grow beyond the town limit.

FrostII likes this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Houston, we have Luna back again............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.