The New Vendor Listings in Zone

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Anpu, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawtooth

Sawtooth Avatar

I love the concept, both as a buyer and a seller. For the buyer, it radically speeds up the time required to find what you're looking for and all but does away with "price checks" in the trader's channel. For the seller, it also avoids having to do price checks and allows you to set a competitive price.

BUT..... what is to prevent some of the big time vendor/traders, (we all know who they are), from simply buying up all of the available supply of an item and then jacking up prices, working with a monopoly? This would particularly be true with expensive items, as the big time vendor/traders have a nearly unlimited supply of in-game gold.

You're thoughts? What am I missing here?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Nick and majoria70 like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I feel like that was already the case, those guys had much more time than any of us, so they could browse endless qty of vendors to buy everything that had a fair price, meanwhile, the casual player had 0 chance because of their limited play time.

Most of them either don't play or are quitting anyways, so I wouldn't be too worried about them, but even then, it's going to save us so much time, so that is a win no matter what.

Nick and Anpu like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I've had someone do that before. I was trying to get stocked up on my vendor for low and reasonable prices for starter gear for players since I'd be out of town a few months. Someone came a long and almost cleaned me out. So then on what was left to do well I jacked up the prices more than I wanted to. So sad. What if eventually items had a buy and sell tag or some way to track purchases? Would that help?

I have a cache chest set up for take and donate for anyone to access . It has a log I can look at to see whose used to chest and doing what. I don't really care that much normally who takes what but one person comes along regularly and as soon as I stock the chest with separate stacks of arrows they just take every single one. Usually these are arrows I spend my own gold on to help others. A note in the chest says be considerate but some just aren't or they think the world owes them a living maybe.

Oh well all we can do is try. If this person needs help so bad just ask and I'm glad to help. Anyway sorry for going off on a rant. It is difficult to control all aspects of an mmo that is for sure.

Nick likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh those kinds of people exist, for sure, and in a game like Shroud, it's up to the community to manage these kinds of people. In my case, any time I help a new player, I have care packages I give them. My vendor is priced to sell, but if you ask me, I'll probably take the items off my vendor for you if I know it's a need over greed situation, or if you are new and it could help you.

Vendors are free market, if I price something too low and someone buys me out, I sold my items. If my goal is to get it for newer players, I'll keep them off my vendor and make sure I can get it to them specifically. Obviously it's hard to get to everyone, but I hope I'm not the only one doing this, and other vets should probably be helping other new players.

So to get back on topic, at least now, you enter a town, open the vendor search, and know immediately if you should browse or not I like it that way.

Nick and Anpu like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Fixing..... that's the part I worry. Why not just properly plan what they want to do with it, do it well, test it well, then release it live. Make it a great and a positive talking point. Live isn't QA beta and we aren't desperate for this function. What are the chances they will move it live with the dropdown filter still broken? :p

Would prefer players to move into the town, find a vendor crier or something. Feels kinda weird to be able to enter a town and then open vendor search without interactions. Same with lot search thing. Heck, it would seem better if its tied to a WizardSmoke's tablet of finding or something.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah! Cool idea!

Nick likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This might have been mentioned and i missed it - but just in case, has anyone considered requesting buy order functionality being added to this also?

8. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I agree with this totally. In fact when I look for a lot, I go to the town crier (may be out of habit since was how was originally)

I would greatly like to see immersion not be broken by these "quick key" methods.

Heck, I can see some town putting this npc behind a "help desk"

Nick likes this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I tried this feature today and am I just going to proclaim that every POT owner in this game that resisted this will regret doing that now! There has never been a better reason to visit every POT in the game!

The only comment I have is that it is missing the ability to move from the listing to the compass. I found a few cases today of players using a shared vendor, so I could not even look up the lot by player name in the lot listing. In one case, it was in a basement, so I was really SOL.

Sawtooth and Nick like this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I would rather they just add the option for you to immerse yourself. I plan on jumping quickly from town to town so that would probably make it so I wouldn't use the system as much if you have to actually run to a certain thing to interact. I'd prefer it if they allowed it to be accessed in a specific location - bulletin board or something but also still allow us to quickly use a menu without interacting. This feature is suppose to help buyers and sellers, and you're suggestion would slow it down a great deal for the players like me who intend on using this feature A LOT.

Or make the place you interact with a destination spot so we can tp to zone right to it. That would work for me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    majoria70 likes this.
  11. Lained

Lained Avatar

Listing the nearest signpost to the lot would be super handy.

12. Lained

Lained Avatar

The UI could do with being resized horizontally.

[​IMG]

13. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.