1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Butchery: Better stack handling

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tahru, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

When putting a stack of a carcass in the ingredients, it should work just like putting 1 carcass in (at least once you have learned the recipe). It seems extra tedious to shift click each stack, grab exactly 1, and put it into the recipe box, then dial in the number of carcasses at the bottom. I just feel like this can improved a little for a more pleasant experience.

Another weird thing is some stacks peel off 1 at a time, and other don't. And sometimes it matters if deco mode is enabled. But just being a little friendlier with the handling of stacks would go a long way.

Elgarion, FBohler and Lained like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Can you not simply double click the recipe to add the exact amount of ingredients in and then set the craft quantity?

The reason why it works this way it due to the discovery system, so I wonder if it would be possible to change the system without breaking the discovery system.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think you can do that, but that becomes a searching issue. Not sure it would actually save steps. Some recipe names are not obvious for different fish for example.

Regarding other recipes, I doubt any of the carcasses have other recipes, but I think it is important tp realize that sometimes it is obvious what the player wants. If many carcasses are places with nothing else, that can only mean one thing.

FBohler and Lained like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you're in deco mode and what you're grabbing can be used as a decoration then you will only grab one. If you're not in deco mode the you always grab the entire stack unless you hold the control key (grab one) or the shift key (allows you to type in how many you want). I always hated this inconsistent behavior. I feel that you should always have to use the control key if you just want one.

Also, the reason that recipes require specific amounts is because that's how they distinguish between recipes. If you could just put any number of items then they can't tell what you want to craft.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is mostly true. There are some stacks that do not follow that rule with deco mode. I already know why we choose different numbers of ingredients as does everyone else, but sometimes you have to realize the obvious and not create unneeded work. Butchurring is an everyday activity.

FBohler likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What stacks would those be? I've never encountered a stack of items where you only grab one if deco mode is off.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Most fish fall into that category. In fact almost anything that is not placeable. But lets not create a new issue out of simple request. I already noted that in the post above.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you're not in deco mode then you always grab the entire stack of fish (all types) as well. However, I agree that it would be nice to just place a whole stack of of whatever it is that you're butchering on the crafting station and click Craft.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Right now my process is:

- ctrl-drag exactly one carcass to the table
    - click on the craft quantity (note: small UI target increases difficulty, and the arrows are smaller than the number!)
    - type 9 or 99
    - click on craft
    - wait for the stack to finish
    - click on the Take All button
    - repeat for the next carcass stack

I've been thinking about this a bit and what I think we need is a Butcher button, similar to the Salvage button on other tables.

- put all carcasses on the table
    - press Butcher
    - get a Cold Oneā„¢ and sit back

My secondary solution would be any time there is a stack of identical carcasses, it should always select the single-carcass recipe, with quantity pre-entered.

FBohler and Tahru like this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree, there should be a butcher button like a salvage button.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.