Troll head question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's the same situation for shadow essence. I can get maybe 8 in an hour, which becomes 3 potions.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I actually don't seem to sell those very often. And, I got plenty of those a while ago when farming for the shrine recipe and orbs.

I didn't used to sell acumen very often, either, until recently. I could get by just selling the ones I found in loot. But I think they get used more now to offset the negatives from the other pots. Plus, the aether ones are craft only.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All are craft only. The only potions that can be found as loot are lesser focus, lesser health and lesser restoration.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, that's right, I forgot that changed. Even more reason to make some changes here.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It's nice to see this though, as opposed to massive amounts of lich skulls on vendors back when everyone was running upper tears. Hopefully just need some minor adjustments to get it on par with the availability of the other potions.

They are very powerful though, so i would prefer them a bit scarce as opposed to everyone easily being able to make them for themselves. I think it's better for the economy overall that way. Did upper tears get changed? I remember getting lots of skulls there at some point in time

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think were going to have more players using acumen overall now too with recent changes to water tree especially. Water seems like a very solid build for a mage right now if you're sick of burning things :D

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

A while ago. They made the liches way tougher. Probably still good for skulls, but I think even groups of 12 struggle unless they're all really high level.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Adam Crow likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

People don't do upper tears anymore because it's way too hard for the rewards received.

Adam Crow likes this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

How about the Compendium of Pain and Suffering, are those liches drop rate nerfed?

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Probably not, but that seems like a terrible place to farm them, since you'd have to run through the whole place to get a respawn. (Unless the waves respawn on their own? I've never tried it.)

FBohler likes this.
  11. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I've never tried farming those rooms so not sure if it would work, but the rooms do reset if you have not killed all the mobs and you lose aggro for some amount of time. Back when I was much weaker I used to have the last room on the second area reset on me sometimes before I found the last fire ellie or faun. So you could kill all but one lich and try to stay far enough away from the last one so it reset.

FBohler, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

"Troll Heads and Lich Skulls now drop more regularly as loot." Just needs to patch in :)

Wilfred, FBohler, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sweet!

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.