1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69755] Jotungrund, Light the Fire - Marker doesn't show up

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Warius, Oct 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

Title: Jotungrund, Light the Fire - Marker doesn't show up
    Reproduction Rate: X%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: It's the second time it happens. I don't see any blue marker on the map & compass regarding this quest. Last time I had to wander around the whole map to find the right torch to lit. While I was (very) near it the marker appeared on my compass.
    Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. I thought it might be because I haven't finished the wolf tongue quest twice to get rid of the task, but I've done it weeks ago.
    User Specs: Misc

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Warius , can you tell me which signal towers you were sent to when the marker didn't show up? There are 8 of them and it's possible not all of them are a problem, and that's info that can help me figure out how to fix this bug.

Issue #69755

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’ve been doing this every single day since it came out, but have not had any issue of the markers not showing in the compass and map.

Just wondering if people are just having difficulty seeing them possibly?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Warius

Warius Avatar

I gave up today, I'll try tomorrow maybe, but last time if I remember correctly it was the southern central one.
    No, I don't, there is simply no marker on the map and on my compass. I see all the tower grey, and all their name is the regular one, no "damaged watchtower", no blue one.

5. Sannio

I suspect that the compass marker appears bright and visible when you get a specific signal tower target, but the second time you get that same signal tower target you might have trouble seeing the marker. I put in a change that will hopefully fix this, but I'm not sure if it'll get in for this release.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  6. Warius

Warius Avatar

Same issue today. As for last time I waited one day to see if the problem was still here, but I still don't seen any blue marker (the ones in the map are for the wolf tongue quest)

[​IMG]

Also, when cursor on this tower it says "storm-damaged fsignal fire" but when clicking on it "you're unable to light the northeastern signal fire"
    [​IMG]

And the right one was the eastern one, as you can see I only see the blue marker when being very close to it :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Warius, do you have gpu occlusion on? if so, can you try with it off?

8. Warius

Warius Avatar

Nah, GPU occlusion is off.

9. Warius

Warius Avatar

Today, the same problem again, but this time on of the tower indicate when hovering cursor on the map : "storm-damaged signal fire", the western one, and this time it was the right one to lit.

10. Warius

Warius Avatar

And again (with a different computer). Northeastern says "storm damaged" when click on it and not on the map, eastern too. The right one was southeastern, which says "storm damaged" on the map (last time it wasn't the case).

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

OK, I *think* I see part of the confusion with its quest. On the compass, there is no pronounced Blue marker present.
    After accepting the quest, looking in the compass, there isn't any very clear and distinct blue marker, for the player to head off to. Even when you get somewhat close to it:
    [​IMG]
    Once you are right next to it, there seems to be the POI marker and then the actual blue quest marker hidden behind it:
    [​IMG]

I am however noticing, the Map *seems* to always show the correct Signal Marker to go to (in blue). It is however, very difficult to see.

12. Sannio

I think you're right, that the plain compass marker is blocking the blue quest one. As of next release, I'm also going to turn the signal tower compass markers blue.

Anpu likes this.
  13. Warius

Warius Avatar

Well it really looks blue on your map, mines are all grey, even when zooming on it. And my eyes are perfectly fines, as my computer screen.
    That might be it. Once again, today I have the same issue, it's been 5 days in a row I think, this time I can't see any "damaged tower" when hovering on the map. I noticed those double markers from time to time, one for the quest and one for the light tower.

14. Alley Oop

fix needs testing as of 1458

15. Alley Oop

@Sannio, there are now no poi markers for any of the signal towers except north, unless you have a task to light one and turn on task highlighting (which i usually have off), in which case it only shows the one you're tasked for. also, when i observed the map/compass marker for the one i was directed (south) to when the task was active, its text said "frozen ship"

Warius likes this.
  16. Sannio

Thanks. I'll take a look.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the compass, the signal fire we need to interact with, now do not show a blue icon:
    [​IMG]

They were actually showing blue in the compass for me, before this patch (1468).

11/03/2021 20:24
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1468.Date.11.03.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund
    Area Display Name: Jotungrund
    Loc: (112.9, 85.7, -1597.2)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoMTEyLjkxOSwgODUuNjY1LCAtMTU5Ny4yMjgpfCgwLCAwLjc4NiwgMCwgMC42MTkpfDkzLjM3NjAxfDcuNTAwMzY5fDE1LjYwMDAx

18. Sannio

@DavidDC found something off with the front-to-back sorting of some compass markers and is working to fix it. Last month I made some weird changes to try to get the signal fire compass markers showing, but they didn't work for everyone, so I altered my changes to follow our normal standards, so everything should be properly sorted out when David submits his fix.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  19. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing 1498

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The location markers for these in the compass are still a very opaque color and are not the very pronounced blue:
    [​IMG]

The marker in the map, is however a very distinct blue.
    12/27/2021 20:01
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1498.Date.12.20.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund
    Area Display Name: Jotungrund
    Loc: (25.3, 134.2, -159.3)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoMjUuMzA3LCAxMzQuMTc5LCAtMTU5LjMwMil8KDAsIDAuOTI2LCAwLCAwLjM3Nil8MTM1LjYyNzJ8MTcuMDc4ODR8MzA=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.