Another game question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Umire Moon, Oct 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Ahh with intel I believe the 650 don’t upgrade to the newest driver in windows 10 20H they don’t work . But yes I know to reboot with windows .

Echondas likes this.
  2. dayero

dayero Avatar

What people are mining with graphics cards is actually ethereum and other smaller coins, not bitcoin.
    So ethereum price is what drives graphics cards prices. It has the largest impact for you for older amd cards, because they are still very efficient at mining ethereum.

My advice is honestly just wait and do other stuff/ play other games. What you need is "just a new gfx card" aka the impossible right now. If you happen to be able to grab an old card cheaply, maybe when a friend upgrades his system, go for it. Otherwise there is really no viable solution now or in the foreseeable future. Crypto is very unlikely to drop so hard that miners will sell their cards in large quantities and chip production is picking up sometime in 2022 probably. And even then high priced products will probably take priority. Because profit and stuff...

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Its not just crypto, there's been an increase in demand for PC hardware generally as many people who haven't been going on holidays etc have been spending money on new PCs instead, combined with people / companies buying additional kit for people working from home and a lack of raw materials to make chips out of and on top of that Nvidia releasing a massive upgrade in performance line with the 30 series of cards.

All in all a bit of a perfect storm - its been going on for quite a while now and I don't see it reversing overnight.

4. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Correct . Again as I said playing other games without worrying about lag is more and more appealing . Which means a loss to Shroud . My money will then go someplace else . Which isn’t good for them considering .

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm a bit dissapointed. Come on guys. Where's the solutions? I've seen this community pull together so many times. A player is reaching out for a feasible solution and what he hears is "go play something else".

Aldornia, Umire Moon and FBohler like this.
  6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Playing any recent PC game has a certain barrier to entry in terms of hardware requirements - not much you can do to bypass that...

Anpu likes this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Really? I've found that while not at the max settings you can find a lot of the current games quite playable. My daughter is playing current games on an Asus Strix i7 laptop with a 1060-6gb card that is 3-4 years old. Wasn't even cutting edge back then... SotA is a tech hog and the results (what you see/what you hear) when playing it are not worth it. There is nothing like OMG... that's awesome with the game.

Umire Moon likes this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

9. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Yes I have seen this and again my question was why ? Why are the graphics more intense in this game than say Guild Wars 2 , Elder Scrolls on line or any other MMO I play . My PC is a I7 , 16 gigs Lenovo . Only thing is the intel graphics card which pushes any other game with no problems . Guild Wars 2 during some of the Hunts with over 100 people casting spells and such no lag . But this game one person in one area Lag city . . Can’t even go into a town where nothing moves but lag is so bad I freeze like I am in mud . Just saying these other MMO’s have 50-100 peeps in just one scene . Yet here I don’t see hardly anyone and still can’t move .

FBohler likes this.
  10. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Yep that’s what I hear . Hey no biggie really . I will still play , just not as I would like too .

11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

That's actually some pretty capable hardware - the 1060 has been the most used GFX card on the Steam hardware survey for some time now and is orders of magnitude more powerful than any onboard GFX

Steam Hardware & Software Survey (steampowered.com)

12. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

The card I was looking at was the 1030 but was told it’s no good . A 1060 is about 189.00 last I looked .
    After all the feed back I have gotten today and in the past makes me rethink playing this game anyway .

13. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yeah that's correct - although of the same age the 1060 is a very different beast to the 1030 - look at this, particularly the conclusion at the bottom:

UserBenchmark: Nvidia GT 1030 vs GTX 1060-6GB

14. Elrich Skychosen

Elrich Skychosen Avatar

I would say maybe there’s settings on your card you can tinker with. I Have a Radeon 570 (stock) and I’m playing on fastest settings and do not encounter any of these problems. When I open Radeon monitor my GPU is at 100%. But on GW 2 I have to play on lowest setting again and it’s a lag fest and a lot of players on screen, yep it’ll chug along and is manageable but not a buttery smooth experience …is it possible your card just doesn’t like unity?

15. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Yeah I get the same, I have to crank down the settings for Guild Wars on my computer to get any at all decent performance, and I can run SotA on at least Good setting and still be playable.

2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

My wife on the other hand plays on her M1 Mac Pro and SotA plays better than it does on my above machine.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does SotA have an Aarch64 build for Mac?

17. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I'm not saying it isn't capable. It should be capable enough to run this game but it can struggle.

18. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Yes, it is 64-bit

19. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

well all in all i can not justify buying a new computer just to play a game , i will downsize my holdings and cancel my subscription . and just pay for a few of the houses. I really liked the quests and the idea for this game .just can not play it well . thanks for listening .

20. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It's a bit worrying for me that the hottest discussion in the forums this whole week is about (bad) performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.