Gem Studded Roll of Leather recipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does this really come from skeletons in Graph Gem Mines? Because I've spent a lot of time there since Thursday with no luck.

2. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

It does, took me as while as well

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If it's any consolation, I have spent over an hour a day there since Thursday, no luck yet. Just seems that although a low drop rate is OK for areas with lots of mobs, there are precious few skeletons at Graff and you have to wait so long for them to reappear it just is frustrating.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just ran around back and forth where the skeletons can spawn and the areas to mine emeralds and gold. It finally dropped.

It is just the games not so enjoyable Drop Chance and RNG System….. which sometimes is just completely whack.

Like for example, the Boundless Forest Rune Bag daily quest. It can drop in 1 to 45 Barbarians killed (these are actual in game numbers).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  5. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I have a recipe now from the graff mines (3rd skeleton), N and S drachvald (took and hour 1/2 in S drachvald and about 45 mins inNorth), and Utheim (dropped off 2nd dragon kill)...however...spent two hours hunting satyr and fauns in Spectral peaks and still no drop...just RNG system...plan to continue later today after work...will update.

StarLord and Barugon like this.
  6. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Remember that the RNG system is, well, random. Any drop can drop in 1 to ∞ kills of a mob that has a chance to drop it, it just becomes vanishingly unlikely that you won't have gotten it after many many kills. Whether it's enjoyable or not is obviously down to personal preference. For me personally if the system just clocked our kills and if we'd not gotten it randomly after a certain number of kills just gave us the drop out of pity would be slightly patronizing/disappointing.

Vesper, Violet Ronso, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They should put the recipe on the kobolds.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Got mine off a faun.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Found it after I got home...had to do one cycle of satyrs (tree house to bridge) got as started the 2nd cycle...now having fun in dispair...still waiting.

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

It took me 4 hours with the Kolbolds in Norgard Fens, 3 hours in Graff Mines. Luckily I was able to buy three recipes I needed.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Here is a question I tend to ask myself a lot with this community :

How can devs improve loot if everyone wants everything 1. On their own and 2. Nice and easy, with the possibility to knock it out in a single session.

I'm serious, what would people consider good loot/fun loot at this point? I've spent the past 10 hours of play time in a "new game" trying to get a rare drop. I have all the luck bonuses I can afford, and have a carefully thought out route that gives me the most "rolls per hour". 10 hours that I've been at it haven't found the item I'm looking for. I can guarantee you that when I do finally get it, I will be so darn proud that I got it on my own and that I managed to push through to get it. Quick warning, I heard I need 3...

But guess what? That same item sells for a fortune, everyone wants it and not everyone is willing to put the time trying to get it, which means if I decide to sell it instead, I will be getting a nice reward. Meanwhile, some crafters I know are still hoping for some recipes no one of our group have found. We will be so happy once someone does find it to give it to him!

How can loot be good if everything is so darn available that literally no one cares of buying it off of you because a little session and they are good to go?

So tell me, what would you consider "good loot"?

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think the OP was just looking for reassurance that it was actually dropping. We've had a history of rare drops not being implemented when they said they were.

I agree that having rare drops like this is more rewarding than just making it super easy and available. Feels more like an accomplishment instead of a chore.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

On the flip side, we have two recipes for Master Mage potions that are very difficult to get, and nobody is selling them. (Though, it is possible that people are, and they just sell fast.) I fear that if ever do find one for sale, it'll be for such a ridiculous price it won't be worth it.

I'm not opposed to things being hard to get, but it seems that when they are, nobody bothers. Or, more likely, they get it once for themselves, look at how long it took, then decide getting more to sell isn't worth the time. If my choice is between "get it in 4-6 hours" or "never get it at all," I'ma go with the former.

Adam Crow and FBohler like this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

And FYI, it took me just over 200 skeletons in Graff to find the recipe. That really isn't that bad, but since there are only 6-8 skeles spawning each time, it can take a while. It would be nice if they added a few more skeleton spawns in the empty corridor spots throughout the scene. I think just 3-5 more would put this more on par with the other similar recipe drops.

FBohler likes this.
  15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yet some people would pretend waiting for low level mobs to respawn is thrilling and rewarding experience. To each their own I guess.

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I agreed that the OP was just looking for confirmation I’ve done that over the chat in SotA. My posting was to let everyone know it takes time.

For now I am all grinding out. :D

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That is far from what I am saying, but is that recipe the ONLY thing in Graff Gem Mines? Someone could use Graff Gem Mines for their mining needs, and come across that recipe as a result of just killing the skeletons in the area. Obviously, if you sit at those 6 skeletons and then just wait for the respawn, that's gonna be boring, but if the recipe drop every 10 or so kills, those miners are gonna start pumping them out like crazy.

Yeah, I agree, those are insanely hard to get, but they do make the reward of grouping up to kill those bosses worth it, because barely any are around, so those who do get it are part of the few.

Ohh yeah for sure, and my question wasn't aimed at Barugon specifically, I understand the need for reassurance given the track record in this game BUT it's not like we haven't seen those multiple "I've killed 20 of these where is my drop" messages, I'm just chosing NOW to ask my question due to the fact that I have a clear comparison now, but it's been one I've had for a long time.

Anpu and Adam Crow like this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

And just a FYI, we can see recipe drops in the API (we can see a listing of the recipe being found in an area). All of these new pet equipment recipes do show they are dropping.

Just to give you an idea, in the last 7 days 71 of the Gem Studded Roll of Leather recipes have dropped. One of those was me yay! :D

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I farm these rarer drops. I sell them at a price of 500 to 1500 gold. They are snapped up very quickly and I am happy about that. If more people sold their extras at reasonable prices, then shopping would become a much more enjoyable and rewarding experience for all. There is absolutely NO reason to find this stuff, stick it on a vendor at 100K IMO because all the new people never have a chance to really get into our game. To each his own I guess.

FrostII likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that the recipe was actually dropping before wasting more time there.

FBohler and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.