1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Recall

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Osunn, Dec 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The loss in value is very true, as you're egnoring that when combined with a fast travel sign (as you clearly admit to within the fact statement below), they function just as the suggestion requested, yet only for player owned towns, "with permision to do so by the POT's owner or Steward".

What you clearly discribe here, is the exceptional value of what I have stated as value and how special that value is. The suggestion is to make all recal scrolls have "that same" additional value added to recal scrolls.

Your Self Admited Fact: You clearly state that there's a value in POT owned property combined with teleport and fast travel sign that you don't have.

You have clearly described above yourself, that in fact both personal teleports and the requested recal scroll changes are clearly related, thus making the current practice of what POTs offer have value over choosing to place a lot in an NPC town.

Your Self Admited Fact: (again) You clearly state that there's a value in POT owned property combined with teleport and fast travel sign that you don't have.

I am of the opposit view in this, I think the added functionality of recalls requested should be free, with the value being in the land owned and then restrict binding to owner/co-owner.

Disregarding that opinion and the disagreement above:

If the "slots" are something that are sold through the coto store, then the value of each additional slot should equal the price of a privet teleporter, which is 3000 coto each.

(Actual current costs of accomplishing what is requested requires 2 personal teleports and 2 fast travel signs as one of each on each end is required... total cost 9000 coto total per destination, but I think 3000 per additional recal binding slot is equidable value to be kind about it. Maybe they will sell them for as low as 1500? or maybe even lower? The price and how this helps fund our game is what's the real question is left to find an answer for, yet that price is all up to our developers.)

;)

3000 COTO Each :rolleyes: That price reflects equidable equal value!
    1500 is another good number, but less would seem far too cheap.

500 is a better bet though o_O "Bank Slot Pricing", because our game has always been about having more freedom of movement!
    ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Chris was mentioning on Livestreams that he is looking for additional perks for Subscribers .. why not give subscribers 1 extra recall slot to start? Then, like Adam Crow said, sell additional slots for a cost on the Crown shop, since it's pure convenience .. ?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    FrostII, Aldo, Gravidy and 4 others like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

What's funny to me is that the best QOL recall solution was already in game and just was taken out as of this latest patch now causing me to have an opinion this conversation.

Blood Bay and Brave Coast were until this latest patch one of the best places to live - why? because these were the only scenes that locked in your x/y coordinates when you teleported out of them, and so when using a teleport to zone scroll to go back in you would enter the scene the exact location you left. This is the primary reason I had a house there because when I used a teleport to zone scroll, it didn't deposit me at some generic town entrance and force me to make use of an ever growing list of teleport signs and wait for lots to load in, I would always teleport in inside my kitchen in my house.

Now that this feature is gone, it makes me ask, "How does teleportation work in SotA?" which is to say, "Why is the magic of moving instantly through time and space in this universe bound to such limits that it can only deposit you at a city barrier or by a town crier?"

My thoughts on this as far as reconciling the current programing with in-world lore is that, teleport scrolls are very weak magic and easily countered/blocked.

So, what the game needs now is a stronger (more expensive) version of the teleport scroll or possibly a direct spell with a very high reagent cost that lets you penetrate through those barriers and teleport exactly where you last imprinted the spell/scroll.

I don't think this is something that should be limited to only subscribers though. I think it should be like the cost equivalent of 1 COTO per scroll: You could buy them from the store, or use a COTO and blank scroll to craft them, or you get a bunch each month when you are a subscriber. IMO Teleport to Zone scrolls are so cheap that they pretty much render all other scrolls pointless (if you have to pay for them at all). So I think it would be good for the game economy to have a scroll that costs ~3x more if it offers 3x the convenience of standard scroll mechanics.

p.s. I understand they offer teleport to zone scrolls in the COTO store already at 10 COTOs each, but the price is stupid and they should just remove them. Teleport to Zone scrolls cost ~65-80 gold in game markets, COTOs cost 250-300 gold each - so the same scroll in the COTO store costing ~35x as much as it does in game is just...

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Appreciating ownership equity of anything was never built into our game. Even in our rares market, rare doesn't stay rare unless it's the Golden Stockholders items. That being said, I believe the equity in our game, should lean to playing the game. If you are playing the game, your equity's in values should rise through "expendable rewards". Backing the game through subscription should go further, offering more of those "expendable rewards". Our game has a problem coming up with new rewards in the form of items and thus "expendable rewards" is the way to go!

"Expendable, Consumable Rewards" are our best future, offering players expendable privilages, which offer more freedom of movement is one of those possibilities. I don't see that as a "pay to win", I see that as a convenience.

I like what I hear from our friend @Sorgin Txakal , as what he has to say points to ease of movement items which could be "very micro-transaction friendly". I see two things in what is said here,
    • one being a teleport scroll to whatever property you own in a drop down list
    • two being a teleport scroll to a specifically pre-marked place
    Expendable rewards through purchased consumable items provides a player a choice what to spend their COTO on, and if those COTO are a subscriber reward item, all the better.

All other forms of transportation & teleportation retain their original values within this direction.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  5. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

This moment when you watch people chattering on something bringing the game more and more casual...

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm just lazy :)
    Sometimes I recall to my own house from the same scene.. which unfortunately triggers a new scene load :(

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  7. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I understand. As some other wishlist, people requests change to facilitate their own activities regardless the impact on the long run/the big picture.

Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Do you think we have enough Devs to create a new picture? There's a lot of things that could have been done differently at the start but now we barely have a few devs working on the game. I don't see major changes happening but what do I know? Probably not much ;). I'm impressed by many things accomplished recently but still wishing for others too. I know the feeling.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The feeling of dominating your enviorment is a strong feeling, or there would be no "Grinding Zen" :)~TL~

10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Recall anywhere anytime was already present in Ultima Online and didn't ruin the game in any way. So I think the risk assessment for including such old MMO proven feature in SotA is already done.

FrostII, Duke Olahorand and Aldo like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

While this is true, there are the other things which loose in their play value when other modes of what Recals do are expanded.

Many see such a comment of "loss in value" as being a blocker or outright objection to the direction, while I see value needing to be placed back into the things which loose value when develoment evolution occurs.

There are deeper functions which our teleporters, both personal and POT can/will take on, which re-invest re-programing into their play values, just as seen in this Recal proposal.

The one thing I object to in most of our rhetoric on the subject, is that the teleport's values lost as development evolution proceeds, are disregarded within our rhetoric as if they never had these values. Our teleporters have had the value which is now sought after by these proposed added Recal values.

Recognizing those losses is important, when further programing will be considered in the future. Further programing is what is asked for here within our recalls, and further programing in our future will recover play value within our teleporters "only when the values they loose within this proposal are recognized and thus noted/remembered".

I could provide examples of what future values our teleports could/will have that I'm talking about here, yet that would take much explanation which dosn't belong in this thread's subject matter, as it is much to complicated to explain in small sound bites.

Catnip will know what I'm talking about when that time comes, or they already have a plan and know already. Either way, our teleporters have an open future to regain their value in other programable ways.

Through remembering our values past, a clearer future can be seen, yet disregarding those lost values in saying, "they never existed", is a clear sacrifice of what is and has been true.

It's only through truth that we can see more clearly into the future, and I see our teleports have a further development future all their own through this loss in their value to the subject at hand.

The way our game is developed, things are always more of a direction, than they are a destination.
    ~Time Lord~;)

12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I could imagine paired House Teleporters such as in Ultima Online available as Veteran rewards in the COTO store.
    These allow you to move between locations in the same house as well as between different homes.

In SotA they could have a requirement to charge those teleporters with scrolls and make each use randomly consume a scroll.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.