Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Lava Fishing Where? [​IMG] It's all in the timing!
    Located at 4 O'Clock in The Time Tunnel, The Past and The Future.
    But be warned, this is a time travel [​IMG] Sponsored by TimeLord's Time Travel Tours.
    [​IMG]

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Krabnevir is a pacu town for the day so popped in to restock but the town is set for freshwater. :/

Winston and Anpu like this.
  3. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

If i recall, he quit last year from the game, so i doubt the water type will be change.

Anpu and Winston like this.
  4. Winston

Winston A Data Guy Moderator SOTA Developer

I took Krabnevir and Falling Waters Fortress off the list for R99. I failed to update the main thread here though. Sorry. I hope people did not waste their time there. I think I cancelled those in other places on the forum here so maybe the word got out. I will do better in R100.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  5. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Ahoy! I finally entered the Fishing Tournament yesterday! I'm on the leaderboard, not very high up and not with many Trophy fish caught. A keen eye can probably figure out who I am on the board.

Rest assured, my cousin Winston gives me NO HELP at fishing. Not even a worm!

Winfield vs Winston:

In other words, my Winfield SotA account is my personal player account and will always be that. It is totally separate from the Winston Dev account that is owned by Catnip Games, not me.

I am personally invested in my Winfield account with Lord of the Manor to Lord of the Isle, and from PaxLair to PaxLocus (my future quest player town in Mistrendur). I will continue to support SotA as a player too (I really miss the telethons!). So no GM stink allowed on my Winfield account. Keep away, Winston!​

Happy fishing! I need more bait and skill and teleport scrolls... off to the alchemy table and fishmonger!

Royou, Sonja, Sean Silverfoot and 3 others like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

what a jerk!

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and Winfield like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

nothing wasted, caught a large & regular pacu for my collection and a few extra as I was down to my last backed pacu it's just a bonus when pacu towns align with the catnip tourney. #nomnomnom

Sonja, Sean Silverfoot and Winston like this.
  8. Winston

9. Rhodrisan

Rhodrisan Avatar

Keep it anonymous. Much more fun trying to guess who is who.

10. Winston

R100 FISHING TOURNAMENT INSTRUCTIONS
    01-Apr-2022 at 12AM CT (00:00) to 28-Apr-2022 11:59 PM CT (23:59)

Also published on thread start post.

This contest starts and stops at Midnight Central U.S. time in the evening on each month's Release Day.

Largest FRESHWATER Fish (Player-Owned Town (POT))
    -- Prizes:
    1st Place: Player-Owned Town Village Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy, Title
    2nd Place: Player-Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Silver Fishing Trophy, Title
    3rd Place: 50 Drudge Leeches, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy, Title​
    -- Must be caught from one of these locations:
    Blackrock Cove (@thradia)
    Brittany Fort (@Sonja)
    Knight's Watch (@Belladonna Rose)
    Novia Market (@Adam Crow)
    PaxLair (@Sean Silverfoot)
    Rock Ridge (@Redhammer)​
    Largest FRESH, SALT, or FETID Fish (NPC Town/Misc Locations):

-- Prizes:
    Harvest
    Highvale Outskirts
    Noreach​
    Largest FRESH, SALT, or FETID Fish (PvP):

-- Prizes:
    Libris Ruins
    Dysborg Ruins​
    Largest LAVA Fish:

-- Prizes:
    Midnight (POT)
    Sunless Barrens​

11. Winston

UPDATE: R100 Release is LIVE, but the R99 Contests are still underway until Midnight (CDT).
    The start/stop datetimes for R100 Contests:
    01-Apr-2022 at 12AM CT (00:00) to 28-Apr-2022 11:59 PM CT (23:59)

Marse 27, 641 P.C. to Marse 26, 643 P.C.
    • Keep an eye on the Teleport to Zone scroll window today. It now shows the scenes for the R99 contests (fishing and treasure hunt).
    • But, at midnight CDT (Austin Texas), they should automagically change to R100 contests (fishing and treasure hunt). That will indicate the R100 contests are LIVE and R99 contests have ended!
    • So you still have have a few hours to get those last fish caught and treasures hunted/collected in the R99 contests to sneak into the top 3 or move up more!

CONTEST STATUS BOARDS:
    I have the two leaderboards/status boards: Fishing Tournament and Treasure Hunt. They are updated on SotAWiki "manually" a few times a day.
    • I am keeping all the player names Anonymous (assigning "fun" names).
    • R99 leaderboard "fun" names will change to completely different ones in R100, so do try to correlated R99 and R100 anonymous "fun" names. You will need to try to figure out which "fun" name was assigned to you.

Fishing Tournament:

Treasure Hunt:

I will announce the top three winners' names via the Forum Threads as usual and get trophies and prizes out to the winners. I will not change the SotAWiki leaderboards "fun" names to real names.

Have fun!!

12. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Yes folks, it's that time again. RELEASE 100 IS LIVE!
    This release, the BMC is proud to host anglers from all over the digital world to try their luck in the waters of Blackrock Cove, owned by yours truly. Need bait? You'll find a freshly stocked bait shop on the docks when you enter the city. To show the BMC's appreciation to all those that visit our illustrious city, we make this pledge. If the 1st place specimen is caught in Blackrock Cove in this month's fishing tournament, the BMC will add 1,000,000gp to the 1st place contestant. Again, thank you all for the glorious years in Shroud of the Avatar and the BMC wishes the best of luck to all of the fishing tournament contestants.
    - Zeke

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

Winners should receive an item that is their anonymous name but renamed as monster hunter/master angler trophy. :)

Sean Silverfoot, Sonja and Winston like this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

15. Winston

Wow! Blackrock Cove, 1 Million Gold to the 1st place winner IF the longest fish for POT category is caught in Blackrock Cove!

That's worth a camping trip with the family!

I guess I need to add more data to the leaderboard/statusboard ... Longest Fish and anonymous name of player who caught it, in each POT. (maybe show the top 3 in each POT)

Ah, it's only a huge web page ... easy (I think). I'll work on that. Fun!!

https://sotawiki.net/sota/User:Winston/Fishing_Tournament_Status_R100

Game On!

16. Winston

Outstanding!!!

This contest requires personal attention by the anglers and the contest sponsors. In other words, read their thread carefully on how to enter, get a bag, get tenant access, etc. This is GREAT involvement using many game mechanics. Very nice to see!

Here's what Adam Crow said as of today:

Each entrant can enter their five longest fish and the winners will be the top 10 entrants with the longest total length combined! (caught in Novia Market during release 100 only)

*Prizes for the 5 longest fish*
    • 1st - 250,000 gold
    • 2nd - 200,000 gold
    • 3rd - 150,000 gold
    • 4th - 100,000 gold
    • 5th - 50,000 gold
    • 6-10 - 25,000 gold
    To enter, contact Adam Crow by mail in game or a direct message on these forums - send me your exact player name.

I'm going to send a small bag to each entrant renamed to their exact name. I'll then assign tenant access to the first row lot on the right - straight ahead when you first enter Novia Market. It's an empty row with a stage and an obsidian shard. Just place your bags on that stage and you can use that to keep track of your 5 longest trophy fish. Good luck fishing!

-- Adam Crow

Again, go to their forum thread for the details and get to fishing in Novia Market! It's part of the Catnip Fishing Tournament too! Find "Novia Market" in blue on your Teleport to Zone Scroll window.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../novia-market-fishing-contest-for-r100.171547

Sean Silverfoot, Sonja and Anpu like this.
  17. Winston

For towns doing R100 contests (all month), I suggest you use the same start/end datetimes for our leaderboards/statusboards. Then, I can perhaps also support you with data. R100 tournament goes until Midnight after R101 is released, just like happened yesterday with R99 tournament still active. That is by design, so people can get their last fishing in!

But towns, you can set the start/end datetimes as you desire of course. This is just a suggestion.

R100 Fishing Tournament runs:
    • Central Daylight Time (US): 01 Apr 2022 at 00:00 (12:00 am) CDT to 28 Apr 2022 at 23:59 (11:59 pm) CDT
    • UTC (GMT): 01 Apr 2022 at 05:00 UTC to 29 Apr 2022 at 04:59 UTC
    • In-game Date: Marse 27, 641 P.C. to Marse 26, 643 P.C.
    @Adam Crow @Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Sean Silverfoot, Adam Crow and Sonja like this.
  18. Winston

R99 Contest Winners ... I am working today to validate winners. I have to query the data directly to double check my leaderboards. I am out most of today, so I hope to have the winner announcement by tonight (Fish Fry Friday).

Sorry for the delay. Leaderboard for R99 shows results, but anonymous names.

https://sotawiki.net/sota/User:Winston/Fishing_Tournament_Status_R99

Sean Silverfoot and Sonja like this.
  19. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

R100 Fishing Contest

Greetings Anglers – As always I hope you have great luck during your time fishing in Rock Ridge! May your bait always be fresh and your catch is gigantic. Be sure to turn in your largest fish for the release as the following prizes will be issued to the lucky winners!! (all fish must be caught in Rock Ridge during Release 100 for this event)

500 Crowns – Largest Fresh Water catch

250 Crowns – 2nd Largest Fresh water catch

200 Crowns – 3rd Largest Fresh Water Catch

In addition, the same prizes will be given to the three largest Lava and Fetid water catches for the month in Rock Ridge!! Use the chests set up near the main docks for turn in!

Also please be aware -

As always Hedley Lamarr – the scoundrel of Rock Ridge will be making at least 20 random appearances during the Release! Be the first to run him down during those appearances and he will award 100 gold crowns for visiting Rock Ridge during the Release 100 fishing contest! Just run up and open a trade with him! Also, he will be sending out small goodie bags at the end of the release to all Anglers who turn in at least 1 Rock Ridge trophy fish during the Release 100 contest in Rock Ridge)

As always have a great time and best of luck with your fishing!!

Dougan Redhammer

20. Winston

I added "More Contests" to the R100 Fishing Tournament Status board.

You can also reach the status board from in game chat by typing (which opens web browser):
    /sotawiki FishT​

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.