1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Pledges and seed invest

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by simon1974, Jun 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Hi,

We have a lot of new players, why not reopen the pledges to everyone, so that the new players could buy the pledge level they want. Also, the old players could upgrade their pledge level if wanted.

On the same note, why not sell on the site store (or cotos) all the items from the seed invest. I know this topic is touchy, but some of those items are great. Maybe not sell the bundles like before, but break down the bundles and sell the items separately.

I heard Ravalox talking about the old charity items may comming back, so i figure you could also add pledges and seed invest too.

It would also mean extra revenu for the game and its devellopement. just like the POT being sold now.

Diablotine

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

NO.

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

LOL Good idea.. players now of days dont care about rare items =)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  4. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

Sorry, but I'm gonna be mega-blunt: somehow I'm doubting that 'new players' and 'revenue' is really what's driving this thread.

For starters, let's be clear on one thing: charity items can't be compared to pledges / SeedInvest rewards, since part of their sale goes to... charity.
    I don't know about you, but I think good causes always need more money. So, if I can get stuff in SotA and help at the same time, I'm all in and happy to be. Ad break: please support ExtraLife, they're awesome.

Now... There'd be no point in reopening pledges for new players.
    They can now get deeds for way cheaper in the Crown shop (PA water deeds excepted).
    In case they'd really want to get their hands on rare items from pledges: most homes and items that were part of the pledges can be found for sale, somewhere – not for cheap, but they can be found (I bought two royal elderberry seeds a week ago, and saw the recipe for the Royal Purple Dye for sale no later than yesterday, priced at 10 millions gold coins).
    And most of - if not all - the items that were part of the elven, kobold, viking, etc bundles are already in the Crown shop, accessible to all.

As for the SeedInvest rewards: 'touchy' is putting it mildly. I can understand your stand on this – now try and understand mine: SeedInvest was a debacle for everyone who took part in it, yours truly included. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't 'invest' anything I couldn't afford to lose, and therefore am not butthurt.
    But... if you start making these items available in the Crown shop for a mere fraction of what I paid to get them... Yup, I'm gonna be mega-pissed – and I'm not gonna be the only one.
    Especially since they are all I got for the money I spent. Let that sink in.

Moreover, if I recall correctly, there were no exclusive items designed especially for SeedInvest – it was only recoloring / retexturing of already existing assets. Golden greenhouse row home? Exact same as the Ornate Greenhouse Four-Story. Just golden. Golden tuxedo? Exact same as the dyeable tuxedo. Just non-dyeable and with a golden trim. Clockwork raven, clockwork armor, kobold home, etc – mere recoloring / texture switching. Correct me if I'm wrong and if some items were specifically, and exclusively, designed for the SeedInvest campaign.

To me, it's not worth a lot of people getting really, really pissed (and I'd be among them). We suffered enough. Leave us the possibility to show off / brag about our golden whatever, or to part from it for an absurdly high price if we chose to do so.

As usual, just my two cents, hugs all around, and never forget I love y'all.

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

If I really thought making gold tuxedos, etc available in the crown store would double the active player base, I'd be ok with it. But, something tells me that is not the case.

Tiina Onir, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Sell all new bundles with all new rewards and special titles.
    "It's all pixel crack anyway" o_O

:D We have yet to see the "Vice-Count or Marquis de Sade" pledge levels :thumbs up:

Instead of the old SeedInvest "Perk items", we should have a non-seedinvest investment level where we sell privilages inside Castle Atos ;
    *(always with community guidelines which can revoke one's privalages to play the game for wrongful behaviour such as language)

A new level of sota pledge with all new home styles and items in silver color would make for nice package deals, with special abilities within Castle Atos as a bonus for such liberal generosity.
    Castle Atos Royalty:

• Squire
    • Guard
    • Piass Boy
    • (fill in the blank)
    Micro transactions are a fine way to pay for a game, yet pledge bundles as well as micro transactions can mix, yet not be mixed.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Ya. My opinion too.

That would be Very very (a few very bad words) uncool.

Make new stuff if anything.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I had asked a similar question in other games I also play. Items made available years ago they called them "exclusive". They weren't available except by trading with other players.

Rare items are rare. I like the idea of making new stuff. I don't think rare items from way back should be reintroduced without modification.

9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I never paid much attention to the seed invest stuff, and I don't remember exactly what was said, but generally speaking, if you lead people to have a certain expectation when they buy a product from you, you can't retroactively fail to meet that expectation just because some time has passed. It doesn't matter whether or not it's good for a game to mislead customers, because it's not something that should be considered an option either way.

Eveara and Tiina Onir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.