Waiting for your character to leave the previous scene...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Gréagóir, Jun 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I love playing this mini-game within SotA. :D

Quite often it plagues me while signing on. Any way to have a force log out button that I can tell the server to immediately close my character out of the scene so I don't have to wait 5 minutes for the server to think about doing it?

Does this happen to any of you out there?

When this happens, I just load up another game and don't play SotA . :O

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

It usually takes 20 seconds or less for the prompt to change, maybe it's scene dependent?

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Me too. I leave a lot of scenes, very active and have seldom waited for more than 20 seconds, usually only 15. Initial log in sometimes takes longer but no, I don't have a lengthy wait at scene changes.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This has happened to me multiple times (usually the client crashes while loading) and it took more than 30 minutes for my avatar finally "leave the scene".

Owsley likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sounds like the avatar state got corrupt, it really shouldn't take that long at all.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m not exactly sure what is being discussed here? I’ll assume:

You decide to play Shroud of the Avatar and click the icon then start the game. You then log in with your account name and password. You then click resume or World Map. Upon clicking either option, suddenly it says Waiting for your character to leave the previous scene appears?

8. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I have had that exact thing happen twice almost two years ago. When I was leaving Central Brit and the game crashed. Trying to log back in and got that message. I don't remember which option I clicked though.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I have had something like this happen. When logging in I have crashed out of the login. When I start the launcher again it says waiting to character to leave previous scene. It seems lie a long time waiting but actually it is less than a minute and then the prompt changes and it finishes the login. It does have to populate the scene and avatar after that which is all part of the load. I have never gotten that message unless I have crashed out of the game or the login.

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

when you Crash the character stays online until it times out. That is what you are experiencing. when you do a new logon if its before the timeout it will give that message. you just have to wait the 30 seconds for it to timeout for it to log off than it will let you in. this is like a pvp/pve mechanic to prevent people from instant logout to escape.

you also get the same issue if your client crashes its not closed completely (the program icon closes out) . if you look at task manager it remains open for abit , maybe logging errors?. if in the mean time you launch the launcher and its not closed it will error that client still running.

If you want to get back much quicker when the client crashes before it closes out the icon you can right click on the open program and open again. this bypasses the launcher and just relaunches the client. than you will get a message to resume your character with out having to wait for the crashed program to completely close out.

hope that helps clarify what you are seeing :)

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If the client crashes while changing scenes then there is a good chance that you're avatar will be in a state that will cause it to not timeout for a very long time. As I said before, I have had to wait more than 30 minutes when this has happened. Fortunately, it's pretty rare but when it does happen, it ends my session.

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

crazy 30min is nuts. I only usually get 30-45seconds... I could not imagine 30min that is strange. did you ever try resume on world map? I have seen it where it would not load a scene and gets stuck maybe that is the same and I just didnt wait long enough :) I do know that starting on map fixes a lot of my stalled loads. after that instance works fine not not sure what hangs it. you are right its rare if it is the same thing.

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you everyone. I will try out the tips suggested.

Xee likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried everything. In that situation, the only thing to do is close the client and play something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.