Control Points with AFKers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by queenbee, Jul 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

That being said, there are definitely tier 6/7/8 that I will be trying soon, and so it may be that my complaints are unfounded. Being new and having limited information.

According to the wiki, which may be missing some information, there are some sequential tiers which have no scenes associated with them.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    Cordelayne likes this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yeah, tiers 6 and 7 seem to be lacking content. The few options available are mostly fun to play though.
    Once you start doing tier 8, you open up more possibilities.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So I'm only lvl 100 and find that tier 8, as a solo player, really hits my wheelhouse of what I can successfully tackle without dying constantly. I can do some tier 10 scenes, but it can be tricky depending on the type and amount of mobs in there. Kobold/Human enemies, just fine, undead...yeah forget about it. As a heavy armor, sword and board type it takes forever to kill higher level undead (even when I switch to bludgeon).

Anyway, my point is, I wish there were more tier 8 (whatever happened to 9?) scenes that I could run through. So much new content is currently gated to me, that it can be a bit frustrating. However, I recognize that these higher tier scenes are reflective of the higher level players that seem to make up a majority of the playerbase nowadays. I could be wrong on that (as my wife often likes to tell me ;)), but it seems that way to me.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was just checking on the Wiki, and I believe currently there is 7 total Tier 8 scenes:
    1. Bunker C
    2. Grusk Factory
    3. K’rul
    4. Ravensmoor
    5. Ruins of Utheim
    6. The Outlaws’ Run
    7. Ulfheim
    That’s actually more than I thought. Just making sure you are aware of these scenes.

merlinfire, FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

And with current slow-as-hell XP earning rates, you'll need to resort to CPs if you decide to be able to beat tier 10 soon without too much trouble. This revolves the thread to its initial subject: CPs are boring and so little effort is needed that you can literally just AFK.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

lmao, have you any idea how XP rates were back in the day??

Cordelayne and Vero like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Back when T8 was end game?

I think you missed some posts in this thread explaining why current rates are bad.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm not a fan of control points.

I've done them occasionally. Eventually you will get burned out on them :D

Would be nice to expand them a bit. maybe capture and hold against other guilds. Now that would be something!

FBohler likes this.
  9. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Nope I just find it hilarious when people describe the ridiculously high levels of XP now in the game as low :D

10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Current rates are ridiculously high if you think of Tier 8 as end game. Maybe you're stuck with this assumption?
    Try to level a new char to be able to even survive Ep2 top content, without resorting to power level or CPs... maybe it's possible if you play like crazy for 6 months or so, but definitely not feasible for a player who's trying to have fun with the game. They'll probably be stuck in T8 scenes for a loooong time.

11. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

I just try to have fun....there's enough group runs of high end content for me to tag along with veterans to get a taste of what it's like.

12. The Revenant

The Revenant Avatar

Create groups in pvp mode (large groups so you don't risk being attacked by someone) so staying afk becomes doubly dangerous, if the leader gets afk, move away, let him die and then come back, or just leave the group quickly and create another one, kill the former leader and get his head (this part is just for fun hahhaha)

note: Groups are very important for new player development, please don't stop it.

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

People eventually get burned out with control groups. It's not one of my favorite places to visit these days.

Now if we can take OVER a control point that would be something. And fight other players or guilds for special benefits?

Thoughts?

FBohler and Tirrag like this.
  14. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Ah, welcome to what we all thought control points implied prior to release. Discussions were had, good ideas were proposed, and control points were turned into XP farming stations instead. Just one more piece of lost potential I suppose.

ConjurerDragon and FBohler like this.
  15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Now the focus is 100% upgrading engine because reasons.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Because Unity 2018 is no longer supported by Unity and so they are switching to the 2021 version, which is currently supported. It also has various fixes and additions not currently available in the 2018 version.

17. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yeah thanks for the reasons.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I bet the long standing mouselook bug in Linux will still be there.

FBohler likes this.
  19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I remember. Its one of the reasons I bring it up.

There are features of the game I enjoy today. However this is one sore point for me. I'd love there to be more options when it comes to group play content.

At least more than me abusing Torc Dawl during double XP weeks ;-)

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.