1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Dup 68200] Unable to place pets inside (red) Barn Two-story (Village) house on ground floor

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Serenia, Dec 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

12/05/2021 22:56
    Title: Unable to place pets inside (red) Barn Two-story (Village) house on ground floor
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Any pets placed on the ground floor of the (red) Barn Two-story (Village) house appear outside the building instead of where you are trying to set them down (and they can often end up all in the same spot outside when displaced during initial placement, see picture). Pets placed on the second story appear as they should where you are setting them. There was another bug related to pets for this same house, but that bug seemed to be related to pet movement through walls rather than initial placement issues.
    Steps to Reproduce: Tried on various occasions to place pets in various spots on the ground floor inside the barn.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32628
    GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series GPU RAM: 8171
    SotA.Win.64.1492.Date.12.03.21
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Mysteria
    Area Display Name: Mysteria
    Loc: (-151.7, 93.0, 381.1)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8TXlzdGVyaWF8KC0xNTEuNzM5LCA5My4wMDIsIDM4MS4xMTMpfCgwLCAwLjAxOSwgMCwgLTEpfC0zNDkuMTg2OXwzMi4wNDQyMXwxLjI1

[​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Chris just mentioned on stream that this is due to navmesh not being generated due to this being a deco item, and not a house.

He is planning on adding that functionality as a flag that can be set on items, so this should be addressed as part of that.

Chris was confused. This is a house, not a deco object.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2022
  4. Echondas

I discussed with Alley Oop last night and this morning -- something doesn't seem right here, since that other bug Alley referenced has the spawners working OK.

I tested on QA so I could get one of those Barn Two-Story Village homes (vault edition), and my animals are spawning inside the barn OK, although they do kinda sink into the straw a bit, which is another bug.

Can you try removing any other deco that is on the property? I could be one of those is causing an issue, similar to this bug:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-are-broken-by-compendium-teleporter.161590/

[​IMG]

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Echondas

@Serenia I'm at your lot on QA and I see 2 turkeys spawned inside the barn:

[​IMG]

6. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

I will test this with Irish tomorrow to see what is happening there. It's her lot. Thanks for the help :)

Echondas likes this.
  7. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

Took the hay bales out...didn't make a diff...took the hay drying rack out...now animals place.

Anpu, Echondas and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Echondas

OK weird -- I placed one of these houses on the live server in Oracle Oasis and I've got pets in each barn stall, and a hay dryinc rack out front, and everything is working for me currently..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  9. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

That is odd. Irish and I tried on several occasions to place pets in there with that drying rack in it, and they all ended up outside the barn immediately.

10. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

We moved the barn lot and then put the barn house back on it. We are now able to place the pets inside, with the hay drying rack too. So not sure what the glitch was, but it seems resolved now.

Thanks for all the help on this. We really appreciate the bug hunter team and the devs who are so involved in these reports.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Echondas and Anpu like this.
  11. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

Well we thought it was resolved. Had 3 animals placed...Reindeer...owl...pony. Picked up the owl to rename it...owl cannot be put back in...it pops back outside. Picked up the reindeer...cannot place it back in. I rezoned...came back and the pony is outside when I had it set to stay. So now animals will not place once again smh...frustrating! I even pulled up the hay drying rack...still no luck.

12. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

Can someone look into this? I still cannot place animals in the Red barn...they still pop outside of it. Chris said it is a navmesh issue?

13. Alley Oop

chris said that when he thought this barn was a deco object, not an actual house. we really need to replicate it and know what's glitching them to verify it.

Echondas likes this.
  14. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

What do you mean we need to replicate it? I have gone over there and tried countless times to place animals. Is this something the devs need to do?

Anpu likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

yes. a bug mod or a dev needs to get it to happen seperately from your property to isolate the component causing the issue. echondas was unable to get it to happen:

16. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

If it is still happening...what is the next step? How did Echondas test it? did he put the same house on a different lot? Do I need to give someone access to test it on my lot?

Anpu likes this.
  17. Echondas

@Irishize .. I think I figured out your issue. You are picking up the pet, summoning it to rename it, and then moving the pet from your inventory on to the lot, without dismissing the summoned pet first. Try making sure you dismiss the pet after renaming it, and then placing it?

18. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

It is happening on the decoration pets that has default name. I did not change the name of this Llama and the same thing happened.