SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Updated Crown Store page https://sotawiki.net/sota/Crown_Shop.

Reworded it a bit with link to Crowns of the Obsidians/wiki. Also added a link to the Shroud store for purchasing Crowns, and added a picture to better explain where to click in game to buy things.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Updated Crown store Mannequins. Corrected the prices on all, and on all of the individual ones, included an additional link to the multipacks they belong to in store under the crown button.
    I realize there is another link in the infobox. I believe having it in the middle like I did makes it more visible, plus I don't know if removing the original will affect anything since it would be removing the available=

Thoughts?

Anpu likes this.
  3. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Updated all Adobe Homes. Crown Prices corrected. Corrected if Heritage. Added locations of Hometown examples. Added links to type of property deed needed. Added links to other Adobe Homes + stables for each.

Note: Adobe Two-Story w/ Three-Level Terrace (Village Home) has an example in both Hometown AND Tropical island biome.
    Also, some heritage is in main, and some non-heritage is in Tropical Biome.

Perhaps Adobe structures should all be moved to a desert biome..?

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just wanted to make sure @Omnedon if you see a page for an item, and it is not named correctly as it currently is in game use the "Move" option on the page. This will move the content to the new named page and also add a redirect to the old page.

If you are not sure how to use that function, just ask. That Move function confused the hell out of me, at first, but now I get it. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Winfield and Lained like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Removing the information in the available= field won't break anything.

As long as the page has some information as to what this item is a part of is fine. Either mention it on the page or use the available= field. The information is on the page, and then people can find it. Sounds good.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That would be a question you could ask for in the Wishlist forum. They probably should all be in that biome(?) Or there's a reason for that. Would need to ask Catnip.

7. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

As far as I know originally I believe Hometown was just a place to put all the housing & POT biomes in so people could walk the showroom before they buy. I assume the Heritage island part was added at a later date. I can see the value in a one stop shop place, but kinda crowded and mixed up in places.

8. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Yeah I figured out the "move function" a few hours ago. was really cussing myself, but making corrections on stuff I didn't do right! that's what I get for not reading instructions

Anpu likes this.
  9. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Updated all Elven Homes. Crown Prices corrected. Corrected if Heritage. Added locations of Hometown examples. Added links to type of property deed needed. Added links to other Elven Homes.
    Working on pages for Water lot deeds, currently in search of motivation.

Note: added hollow log homes and the druid home to elven. Elves like trees.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Omnedon, stripping this info from the row (or any) homes breaks queries that depend on it. please put it back.

|lot=[[lot size::Row lot|Row]], [[Village lot|Village]], [[Town lot|Town]], [[City lot|City]], [[Keep lot|Keep]] or [[Castle lot|Castle]] [[deed type::Housing|Home]]

Anpu likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Neither of these items have the word Elven, which would indicate it’s not currently a part of the Elven theme homes.

Vaiden Luro and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Again feel free to do a post on the wishlist forum and share your thoughts and suggestions.

13. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

I disagree, at least partly. Blood River has a "druid tree" in the middle of the elven refugee village (mad hermit lives in the top part). Longfall Woods has a "druid tree" that elven refugees live in. In game, Elves live in these. I'm thinking there might be others, plus there's a serious lack of druids in the game. A player's experience is that elves live in these, and looking at elven type homes they might be more inclined to see that and go 'oh yeah, I remember that from all those elves living there. I liked that, I want that tree house!' Now the hollow logs.. I tend to agree with you. I 'think' there might be a place or two with elves living in them, but the main one is that witch.. The main reason I did this is because ALL of the Elven housing is based on trees. That being said, I think the most reasonable solution, is instead of it saying 'Other Elven Homes', could change that to 'Elven and Tree Type Housing'.

Yeah no biggie, I really didn't want to strip that out, there was a reason, but I've slept since I did that. I can tell you that was only on left/right Alcove type buildings. In the store, and on vendors they simply say with alcove. left&right are chosen when placed. I'll tinker with it :)

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All of the homes that are part of a series have a word associated to them. All of the Obsidian homes have the word Obsidian. All of the Viking homes have the word Viking. All of the homes that are Kobold have Kobold etc. All of the decoration items also share this type of naming convention to relay the specific style.

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Tools page on the wiki should now all be 100% accurate and up to date as of Release 105. All of the tool bonuses, Artisan and Founder's Artisan tool names are updated as well. The bonuses grid listing should now all be easier to read to differentiate from the other various tool bonuses. If you see something off just let me know.

18. Rustford

Rustford Avatar

Not sure if this is the place to post wiki issues, but the "...further results" page doesn't work correctly.

reproduce:
    go to https://sotawiki.net/sota/Animal_Hide
    scroll down to "Used in recipes", click the "...further results", the page loads fine BUT using any of the buttons such as "Previous 10", the various quantities, or "Next 10" takes you to an error page stating:
    "Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

Anpu likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All of the Crafting Components for crafted Armor and Weapons now have a page showing all of them: Crafting Component
    (The symbols and Obsdian ones I'll finish some time...)

All of the items should now have the current Material Crafting Bonuses listed exactly as the name states on the crafting component. And all of the Material Crafting Bonus values should be all correct and up to date as of Release 105.

If you see something off, wacky or missing just let me know (I'm sure I missed a few things).

Time Lord, Wilfred and Rinaldi like this.
  20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator