Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mysterymmoer

mysterymmoer Avatar

Hey all,
    I discovered SotA after watching a video on the Youtube which wasn't very flattering.
    But I prefer auto attack combat over supposed "action" combat most MMORPGs tout these days so I thought I would give the game a try.
    To my pleasant surprise SotA is a very good game.
    I am hoping to play for a very long time.

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

welcome @mysterymmoer :) glad you gave SotA a try despite the unflattering video. SotA is a huge game providing a crazy amount of different things to do and an extremely helpful community. please dont hesitate to reach out in-game "Tirrag Dragonbane" or "Goriah Kuulas". safe travels!

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome! And always feel free to ask any questions here. Most of us are always happy to help.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @mysterymmoer. I'm also glad you gave the game a chance. Sometimes after hearing reviews of poor graphics and clunky combat I am more inclined to play the game or try it anyway. Elex 2 got reviews from IGN like that and I enjoyed that game very much although Elex 1 I liked best. What I care about is how a game makes me feel. Does it have a story to tell, can you do extensive exploring and find things, are there surprises, quests, reasons to play other than fight, fight fight which it should have also? So for elex you have a jet pack and You can explore every inch of that game just like gothic games which are my favorites. Very open world.

Anyway I'm majoria in the game if I can help. Have a great time.

edit- I did add to this for clarification

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Tirrag, Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Auto Attack will get you to about the 5 skull level areas, then your character needs some type of button skills to progress further into higher content, "unless you join in party or guild hunting", which can then take you allot further and allot faster in progressing those skills.

I'm an avid Auto Attack advocate who plays Auto Attack characters quite a bit. It's not an easy way to play, yet it can be done without too many buttons needing to be mashed on the keyboard.

Welcome @mysterymmoer !
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Tirrag likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I love auto-attack. While charging a buff or other type of attack, I'm happily wearing them down with auto-attack.

Tirrag and Time Lord like this.
  7. cannuk

cannuk Avatar

glad i found this, thanks berek for setting it up, been playing about a month having a great time, i play for free for obvious reason, am 75 years old, thinking of joining a group any advice would be appreciated.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @cannuk. There is always tons of advise we could give but everyone is different in what they like to do in a game. For example I love our music system. I have a whole building dedicated to the music of Shrouds. I call it The School of Rock. Occasionally I get a group together and sync songs. So for those days when someone wants to just hang out and play some tunes together that aspect of the game is available. Also we do have looking for group which is alt f to access. You could create a group called "new player looking for group" for example. Also we do have Universe Chat which is /u. If you pull out an extra tab so you have a couple of chat windows you can keep a Universe chat separated. Then use the blue gear on the left to take out all the other noise from the window. Sometimes some of the noise comes back and you have to un-check it again. Also for getting around we do have teleport to zone scrolls which can be crafted or bought. If you contact me in game I'll be happy to share some recipes with you or answer any questions. I am majoria in game. I do accept all friends requests too. Have a great time.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    Tirrag, Kelly O'Shay and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Welcome Avatar cannuk'!
    Follow majoria70's advice ;) She's one of the most respected and helpful Avatars here.
    ~Time Lord~

Kelly O'Shay likes this.
  10. cannuk

cannuk Avatar

thank you majoria 70, should have said guild or clan instead of group, i play as a ranger bow only no second deck, thanks also dinsoo, did not know, and time lord, hope to run into all you folk in game, have fun, enjoy life it don't last forever

Tirrag, Kelly O'Shay and Time Lord like this.
  11. Plastikman

Plastikman Avatar

Hi! Thank you for letting me join!

Tirrag, Time Lord and Kelly O'Shay like this.
  12. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

This is a good idea. Keep auto attack on all the time when you plan to use charged attacks. But remember the random chosen card deck uses much less focus. Make sure you explore all the deck building options and have some of your slots set up to use random glyphs. These can still be stacked when you learn the mechanics of it. And stacking these raises power while reducing focus use.
    @mysterymmoer

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Mykonus

Mykonus Avatar

Hello all! Just started playing a few days ago and got to say I don't understand why this game hasn't got more positive press. I've played Black Desert Online and Lost Ark but neither could hold my interest like this game is doing. There is a lot of potential here and while it may be true it is not as polished graphically, I'm liking the way this game is designed.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Mykonus to the game. Yeah you can't always tell from reviews on a game. I played elex and loved it. I also liked Divininity Original Sin 1 better than the second one. It is personal and individual to each player.

This game also has had so many updates, additions, and improvements over the years some may not know. Also the game doesn't do a great job of describing the multitude of things you can do. It would be easy to miss for example that there is a dungeon building system and a music system that you can enjoy playing solo or syncing songs in a group even. So much to discover. Have a great time. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help.

Kelly O'Shay, Time Lord and Mykonus like this.
  15. Al-Thayr

Al-Thayr Avatar

Greetings,
    Just started playing a week ago or less.
    Found the game by searching on the web, for MMORPG and open world as keywords.
    Glad I've found this game. After comparing and checking some reviews, decided to give it a try.

Also found this game on Steam. So, for now, I'm playing on Steam.

I like it. Probably the best MMO I've ever found and play on my PC.
    Hopefully, it will get better, despite minor noises out there.

Tirrag, Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome @Al-Thayr feel free to ask any questions. Many things in this game can be a bit confusing at first, always feel free to ask us if you have any questions.

Time Lord and Al-Thayr like this.
  17. Protector Crab

Protector Crab Avatar

Bit of a weird path to here for me honestly. I watched Spoonies old Ultima retrospectives a lot and fell in love with the franchise to a degree through that. I recall watching I think it was Joshes review on this game and thinking that it looked okay. Most recently, as in literally still watching the video, I saw Kiras video on Richard selling NFTs or something and this game got mentioned. So for some reason, my impulse control has been shot today, I decided to check if this game was free to play and lo and behold it was. A Yakuza and EDF game deleted later, I love both of those, I had enough space to download it.

Its still downloading so my opinion on the game is still to be decided, though it should be noted this is the first MMORPG I'll ever have downloaded so it has that advantage.

Though I should note the monetization is a bit lot on this website, still hope the game is fun.

Kelly O'Shay and Anpu like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi @Al-Thayr . Welcome to the game. Which part would you like to improve? I was just curious from your comment. Anyway enjoy the game and if I can help anytime I'm Majoria in the game.

Tirrag, Al-Thayr and Kelly O'Shay like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game Protector2. Spending real cash on this game has gone way down. Most anything can be crafted or bought with in game gold. Also for a few years now lot deeds can be acquired by doing quests. (a row deed which includes the house and a village deed). Homes can also be crafted so default row house can be replaced too. So real cash purchases made by players is a choice and also these can help keep the lights on for those who love the game. There is much to find in this game to enjoy. As I said before I'm Majoria in game if I can help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2022
  20. Protector Crab

Protector Crab Avatar

Thank you for the clarification, guess I came in at a good time then. And if I need help i'll ask thank you, and sorry if I come across as rude.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2022