R106 resource recovery service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by that_shawn_guy, Oct 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Note: This assumes the worst case recovery scenario

Zero people are happy about this. I feel especially bad for the people working on all the major deco projects during R105. The time spent is just gone. But, all the other resources can be restored. By the devs and/or the community.

If you had a major deco project running during R105 and need raw resources (ore, wood, etc), processed resources (ingot, boards, etc), or whatever please post a shopping list here with your requirements and how you want the resources delivered.

Myself, and (hopefully) other members of the community will do what we can to get what you need as quickly as possible at no charge.

If you want to help gather resources, please reply to the shopping list posts with what you're committing to send. Hopefully, the shopping list posts can be updated with what has been delivered so we can all keep it straight.

Also, if you lost that awesome piece of gear (armor, weapons, etc) you spent weeks grinding materials for and the RNG gods let you have some sweet masterworks and enchants, I want to help you as well. I can't do anything about the RNG taxes, but maybe I can help cut down on gathering time. List your needs and maybe you wont have to spend so much time gathering. If you don't care about the maker's mark on the gear, I'm willing to bet there are some terrific crafters that would be willing work on your gear too.

Thanks

p.s. If any one has a better idea of how to keep this organized, please post it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Happy to help any way I can. I spend all my computer time tabbing over to refine materials and whatnot, so if anyone lost some of that work and needs to exchange e.g. milk for butter, ore for ingots, veggies for stock, etc, just let me know and I will see what I have. My refining bonuses are pretty high, so for things that use the Efficient Refine skill hopefully it's a fair trade. Just make sure to weigh the time you'd loose refining vs the XP you'd get by doing it again. (And the original XP will be restored to boot!)

3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I can give up the following for exp:

5,000 Copper
    10,000 Metal Scrap
    10,000 Wood Scrap
    10,000 Nightshade
    10,000 Rotting Flesh

Not sure if this will be enough to help but it has been laying around doing nothing, so I am happy to give this up to anyone who may need some resources for crafting exp.

4. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

he did say ''and restore everyone's earned XP and gold as well as address other losses'' so i guess in terms of deco, we will be at beginning r105, but they will add exp earned during that release. same thing for gold. as long I dont loose any exp... I can live with that.

But i do feel sorry for those who worked hard on deco (except CiCi ;))
    On another note, Iwould gladly redo the deco in my pot if that gaved me a pot upgrade.

Diablotine

5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Lets hope the devs can find another solution for this.

In case it won't work: what I will miss most is the 20-odd fishing rings I farmed to present as extra prizes for fishing contests, and the countless levels of masterworking I gained and the 3-4K silver ore I mined to gain those.
    I can offer cotton, animal skins, vegetables and fruit, barks and resins (no wood I'm afraid), copper, iron and rarer ores, nightshade, mandrake, garlic, and for special cases (for instance prizes for contests that never took place), gold and COTO's.

6. that_shawn_guy

I updated the original post to add resources for crafted gear that was lost.

7. Dorn Slate

Dorn Slate Bug Hunter

Yes, I can help crafting gear as well to get players going again.

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I have a large stockpile of recipes which I am happy to share as long as they are for learning yourself and not reselling. (I don't have extras of the ones that drop from frost giant or suutuk but probably all of the shrines, imbued gems and jewels, socket recipes, ect are available)

I can also replace most tamed pets that were lost due to the roll-back. If I don't have an extra in my bag I can go find one, though hard to find pets might take time.

Feel free to contact me in game if you are looking for either of these things.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I will keep an eye on the shopping list and will be happy to help. If you need raw materials, components, recipes, or just help setting stuff back up please list it and WE will try and help out.

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i lost 4200+ spider essence. im looking to buy @100gp each.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  11. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

To be honest, I don't even really remember what all I lost. I go through so much loot, it would be impossible to even guess with any accuracy

I am probably missing ~5k units of assorted crafting materials, and between 80-100 supply bundles, mostly yellow.

Missing several pets, including some that were sent to me by other players (a nice croc, and a razorback).

Missing a bunch of coto-related stuff, will have to look

Missing the output of 5x common + 1x uncommon storehouse x ~30 days

assuming the gold and xp is right. but the gold, even if right, would reflect the lower amount from buying lots of stuff, but i don't have the stuff

given the unprecedented nature of what happened, i hope the devs are understanding here

12. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

I noticed that all of my iron and silver ore was gone when I logged in, and realized what we had lost. I came here to see what the recovery plan was, and found this thread. I guess it shouldn't surprise me at this point, what kind of community we have here. People immediately willing to offer the shirts off of their back, with no expectations in return. It just blows my mind.

And to be clear, I will go out and farm more ore. I don't need assistance.

13. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

yeah to be clear, I don't really expect the players to take the hit here

kind of you all to step up like this, but i'll wait for the devs to make a clear statement on the next steps

Time Lord, FBohler and that_shawn_guy like this.
  14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I can replace a few of the pets and give you 100 yellow supply bundles :) And keep in mind the devs are still planning on compensating us for some of the gold we lost.

edit: send an in game mail to Gwendolyn Obscuro with a list of pets you are missing.

Time Lord, majoria70, FBohler and 3 others like this.
  15. that_shawn_guy

I sent you 902 spider essences. Hopefully others can contribute as well.

No charge. You can use the gold toward buying the remaining spider essences that you need or perhap contribute towards helping someone else replace something they need.

Thanks

16. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

of course i love helping and sharing where i can :) thank you the 902 essence is literally 9 solid hours of farming essence so every little bit gets me closer to back on track. unfortunately spider essence is really over priced most of the time so i rarely purchase any. if there is anything you need in exchange please dont hesitate.

17. Blake47

Blake47 Avatar

I can help with pets (no charge)….just let Olympe know in game…..I love taming…I also have a lot of recipes for free….
    I can make above avg bows and light armor pieces (all free)….for player use please not for resale hopefully….

18. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I lost about 6k of granite. Built a spider room that is gone. Need 3k to build it.

Time Lord and Tirrag like this.
  19. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i can help with this. pay-it-forward for @that_shawn_guy helping me out. will send it your way in about 4 hours.

Time Lord, FrostII and that_shawn_guy like this.
  20. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

Thanks. Built my Spider Room.

If anyone needs weapons I'm 140+ Mastery in all weapon crafting and 151 in Enchantment

Time Lord, Tirrag, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.