Player looking for guild

Discussion in 'Player Guilds & Groups' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Hello,
    as there is no way ingame to see which guilds exist and the forum only has partial lists of guilds which in part are already obsolete or posted by people that have been online a year ago for the last time I try to ask here.

What I look for:
    A guild that has at least one chapterhouse in Novia,
    and offers a room to their members (as by the rental system so with private property rights) which is not in the basement but has at least a window (my current character is a Hunter/Ranger and a bit claustrophobic),
    which does not require daily or weekly onlinetimes that are hard to met when outside certain timezones (I live in GMT +1
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/World_Time_Zones_Map.png
    and work fulltime so I can´t be available all the time),
    no or only optional PVP

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I'm biased and recommend checking out the BMC Guild. You can submit an application at https://bmcguild.enjin.com/joinbmc

First however I recommend playing online with groups and get to know the people before making a decision. It's a lot easier to decide when you find people you enjoy adventuring with.

That being said. The BMC Guild has a Guild House at Blackrock Cove. I don't know what the available housing is like. However @Duke Ezekiel Cooper may be able to help you there. We also have members in the guild offering a room at their many Inn's if that's what you are looking for. Worth looking into.

One more note. If you are new to the game, you can complete the quests at one of the outskirt areas (like solace bridge outskirts) to receive a free row lot deed and house. Also if you complete the main quest and receive your Shroud of the Avatar, you receive a free village deed and home. Definitely worth checking out.

Hope this all helped :D

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I already have the row lot deed from Solstace Bridge Outskirts however I want to leave having a house for later in the game. Currently I´m just seeking for a guild and a private room.

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The guild im in, Templars is always looking for new members. There's always someone online and we have many helpful and knowledgeable players. The guild is set up in the player owned town of Arlia, and im sure we could find a room to rent somewhere for you. Contact @Coswald_Dirthmire if you're interested and want some more details!

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The Templars mention that they do PVP occasionally in the guilds list and have a different contact listed. Is that entry obsolete and the post should be amended by the moderators?
    Guild & Group Directory (Active)

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I don't think anyone is really updating that list currently, templars listing was last updated in 2018. Also there isn't much pvp going on in the game, so I wouldn't worry about that.

We are pretty laid back, there is nothing mandatory with the guild. Just a nice group of players that are always willing to help with advice. There's usually some get togethers on Sundays for group content. And there's always opportunities to group up randomly in guild chat.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

In the text of the guilds description the last update is given as 2021-1-18 which is 18.01.2021?

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ahh that's not so bad. I read it wrong ;) still not up to date though... Zeek stopped playing and sold the POT a while back, but it's still the home for the guild.

9. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

No. I had several people full heartedly inviting me but just as I had my layout for 3 characters in mind when I had barely created the first and took a long time to chose a place for my first lot I´m very peculiar with guilds, too.

First of all it has to be one for all my characters as I read that if you join a guild then it´s the same for all characters of that account.

Then I would always feel not to have had all infos when I do not even know what guilds exist in the game but only hear of a mere handful that have members that post on the forum or met one luckily ingame who mentions his guild. I just want to know ALL guilds that exist in the game before I chose one. And as Ravalox mentioned that there is no intention to have a full list of guilds made available ingame I would always have the nagging feeling that the very perfect guilds name was kept hidden from me... :rolleyes:

Ravalox did mention a whole load of existing guilds of which a large part are inactive as the reason - yet I´m still curious what gems and jewels of guild names are hidden in the games bowels... Perhaps someone of the creative programmer guys finds a way to read the guilds names from the game sometime in the future just as the combat log info and such...

Lebu likes this.
  11. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

I fully understand! Ridge Runners are at a bit of a re-birth at the moment since I took over :) so we have been doing a lot of player outreach and I am consulting with my officers and members about a lot of matters on how the guild can be successful, fun, and engaging -not only for the guild members but the SotA community overall. We always have space if you’re ever interested. Depending on if/when you join you may even have a hand in shaping the foundation/structure of the guild!

I hope you can eventually find the right one for you!