Hitching post, potions of growth and green growth, crafting stations?

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I just saw the ornate hitching post in the store which is described as a place to tie your horse to...

As far as I know the riding horse is non-existant / inventory when not ridden, so it could not be tied or exist alone anywhere. Even the picture used shows the riding horse *while a rider sits on top* because it would not be there without a rider...

So that would leave only decoration horses? I have not seen one yet with reins that could be tied to a hitching post, most run around freely, e. g. at the stable in Castle Atos.

So - are the hitching posts functional and can a horse be tied to it?

The growth potions are "limited to non-PVP, POT". Why? As far as I read the description they only make the avatar 15 or 50% larger but do not "hulk him out" by changing it´s strength which would give a fighting advantage. Why the limit to POT and exclude PRT and NPC towns? Some green guy e.g. in a forested area like Yew would not appear to change anything important?

Crafting stations: There are a lot of differently named crafting stations in the various towns and in the store.
    e.g. the 3 cooking stations in the store - they differ only by their look, but are all the "normal" cooking station?
    The "expert" crafting stations - what does "expert" imply?
    In Castle Atos are +5 crafting stations - are those the best available? Or is +5 = expert level?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We were advised that we could have mounts in the game if the funds were raised for them and the goal was not met. As you see recently we did get a mount system but if course not as detailed as some thought of but better than none and not too bad considering. Anyway Hitching posts originally were given as some level of backer rewards during the kickstarter before any actual concept of what our mount system would be. Decorative horse types some of us have from contributing to the mount fund can be converted to mounts if we choose but none can be tied to the hitching post decorative or not. Perhaps it was a thought once but not exactly sure.

Also expert crafting tables are +5 crafting tables and also at first were only a kickstarter incentive to raise to a higher pledge tier which many of us did to get this game going and for some benefits these rewards offered. After years of requesting +5 tables were brought to the coto store. All tables in Wizards Rest Pavilions are +5 mostly from me and Baldriths pledges. They give a small buff to crafting. Not that noticeable sometimes.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Use your imagination! ;)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Nah - the game is not ready for what my imagination could conjurer up or whom or what I would ropebondage to those hitching posts...

Except horses of course.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They're just decoration.
    I'm not sure about the reasoning for it. There's a potion with the same restriction that allows you to jump super high and I suppose that one could help you escape PvP situations.
    "Expert" crafting stations simply increase that base crafting skill by 5 while using the station. There are also Founder and Benefactor crafting stations that do the same thing.

6. Elryin Silvertree

Elryin Silvertree Avatar

First I want to say HI!!!!! Majoria! It has been a while.

Next I want to say that this response is not directed at anyone in particular and I am not speaking any individuals opinion other than my own. Also nothing in the following response is intended to be insulting, or cause drama.

I was one of the first people to back SOTA on KS. If memory serves I backed within a few hours of the KS being started. I have been here the entire time, and I have been actively playing since R1. My point is that I have been very involved with the game and I was here when all of these things were discussed originally. While it is true that Mounts (and Pack animals) were supposed to be a "Stretch Goal", it is not exactly accurate to say that just because we didn't successfully fund the goals, those systems would not be implemented.

ALL stretch goals were always supposed to "eventually" be implemented regardless of the funding status of the goal because the "stretch goals" were simply intended to expedite the implementation. Move it to the front of the line "so to speak". Same thing goes for Free placement of houses on lots and sailing ships/houseboats, and treasure hunt/maps.

While it is true that we will likely never see the completion of the Mount system to it's intended form, or Boats, Treasure Maps, and house placement for that matter, it is still important to hold these facts up for the Devs to see. AFAIK these systems and their ultimate fate was never addressed by the Dev team (pre-Catnip or post). We should continue to drive for these systems to be completed as intended or at least demand that they get considered, and then addressed with the community.

I disagree with you here. I would rather have no Mounts than the current system. It is objectively the worst mount system I have ever had the "pleasure" of using... (IMO). It is like the Ethereal mounts from UO or the mount system from Rift (even theirs was better), mixed with some mobile platformer mount system... Bleh The least they could have done is allowed us to jump on mounts (or be able to traverse a 4 inch curb while mounted). Dismounting when moving between scenes is also just awful. This is partially why you rarely see me riding a mount on my stream. If I do, it is purely to negate the terrain penalties of running off-road in order to expedite my travel time while streaming. I never use them if I am not streaming. (There are other reasons that play into RP for Elryin why he does not fast travel with magic).

[edit to add context: When mounts were added, I thought it was the best system to get implemented. I was happy, and loved that we had them. I was young and naïve then. I really thought we might actually see what I was sold when the game was still in KS, and then again after the KS ended and they added the stretch goals for mounts, boats, etc... on their website]

I love Shroud. I give the mount system an F-

Of all of the systems in the game, the Mounts are the first one I would love to see improved or just completely removed from the game.

Ok, there are so many topics that I could spin this conversation into, and I could literally rail on this particular subject for hours.

I am done now. Thank you for listening.

~ Silvertree

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    ConjurerDragon, Anpu and Adam Crow like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

We can always ask for changes. I personally would like dismounting to be much faster (you jump off and the mount disappears) and then I would like it so that if you interact with something, it simply dismounts you rather than telling you that you can't do that while mounted. Those are the two most frustrating things for me.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    Elryin Silvertree likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I do wish the currently implemented Mount System was a bit more feature rich, but what is currently implemented is ok…. But there’s other aspects of the game currently I would much more rather they spend the time on instead. Just my opinion.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there. You are right regarding the stretch goal for mounts was that it was supposed to move them to the front in the development cycle. I described poorly. I haven't given up on mounts getting improved at all. So recently they imo were rushed in because of high demand for them and you never know they could still get reinvented or improvements one day. I avoided them for a while but now have found them helpful at times. I don't often use speed options and they are faster than walking plus when encumbered you can still move faster than walking. In the past I did rally and stand for mounts to have many features such as jumping, jousting, and ability to use for horse racing as examples and I haven't given up on anything. I wish as always for all of the systems in the game to get many interesting things. Details are most important imo.

edited

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.