1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing: Date of Pledge also a factor

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I think on the other side, we should wait until full release. Not each Kickstarter backer has linked his account yet and takes part in preliminary testing of the game. Not sure how many of these unlinked backers are people with house pledges.
    Housing should be available only after each backer with a boxed version should have received his box by normal means.

Lot selection windows of a few hours make no sense - we are a world wide community, and while you sleep, I may sit at work or vice versa. And not every player has the freedom to take a day off just for a computer game.

I really hope, that the SotA team comes up with a good compromise, which leaves the lowest amount of pledgers with houses remain empty handed after the land rush.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

That's the fortunate part in all this, they said there will be enough for everyone who has pledged (and has a deed coming to them), it might just not be the lot that you wanted is all.

Koldar likes this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes, not only did they promise there to be lots for everyone who has pledged at a deed-level tier .. but also empty lots for players to buy in-game as well.

Sir Mike Dragon and Koldar like this.
  4. Midgard TheDragonKing

Midgard TheDragonKing Avatar

So I'm now a founder baron city lot owner but started my account in January (some of us didn't know about this game when it started its not our fault we where gifted founder, you can still upgrade to founder so not sure why people are complaining about date)

so the way it works is founder lots of the manor goes first then duke founder then baron. Founder then knight ECT once all founders are done benefactors g

so one question i have ia if i dont get a water lot do i still get my boat just not attached to my house?o

Lord Royou likes this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

No. It's either a water font lot or one on land. Not both.

6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Unless something chages! It was interesting that the frigate was way, way out there in the water. I don't know if this was just for fun or if they plan on having all the frigates so far out.

7. Midgard TheDragonKing

Midgard TheDragonKing Avatar

seems kind of unfair to not give us a boat at all if we don't find a water front lot. Seems like you could have it just not attached to home. Better be a lot of city water front at least enough for founders

especially if you spent enough to even have a city lot

8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Waterfront lots are supposed to be rare. The devs did mention something about ships and boats in Episode 2... so if your heart is set on it, you may be able to get one then (and actually use it for travel, I think!).

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I think you're among a select group who is at the city level tier anyway. You may have no trouble finding you a waterfront lot.

10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Not everyone uses the forums so why should they miss out to a later date gifted founder.

Sir Isycle likes this.
  11. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

They do get the email updates though, if they choose not to read them... At some point they need to get involved.

That doesn't sound right. I think it's Founder Lords (by date), then Benefactor Lords (by date), Duke Founders (by date), Duke Benefactors (by date) etc. Unless I misinterpreted (always possible since these discussions get rehashed over and over). My pledge date is actually Apr 2 of last year, but I don't have a problem with it. Lords and Dukes had to put down some serious cash, they have to have some perks for that.

Although it would be nice if the actual Kickstarter backers got first shot per tier. Speaking as a Kickstarter backer of course, so I'm biased. ;)

Lord Royou and Bodhbh Deargh like this.
  12. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Kickstarter backer do get the first shot per tier as I understand it, Since they are all Founders.
    I don't want any of the new Gifter Lords to feel guilty & place in my village lot, you go ahead & place in the city :D

13. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Royal founders should always before founders and benefactors due to founder status *and* original pledge date...

I still think it would be good to have village sized lots in towns (and possibly cities) as well, but that's just my humble opinion... ;)

Rachel and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

No one needs to get involved they backed the game and didn't expect any monumental changes that would damage their pledge to occur before the game launch.What if they do not have they extra $40 or feel they have given enough, just because they are a benefactor doesn't mean they may not have put some serious money into backing the game already.

15. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

There is no way that is more fair than Fire come - First Serve together with most money = First pick.

And that is how they stated it's going to be, thankfully.

16. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well everyone was sent an email. It is no ones responsibility but their own to read the email or not. Portalarium has done more then enough to make everyone aware.

And this does not "damage" their pledge. They are getting exactly what they paid for.

17. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Hell yeah! I'd be in favor of that! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Kirthag and Rachel like this.
  18. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

The boats are just another choice of "house" so either you get to place it or you don't.

19. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I would imagine they will send out a KS email with lot choice plans; at that point the non-linked KS folks can come aboard to participate in picking lots. If they still choose not to, then too bad, they can choose from the left-overs.

The whole selection process can happen a good while before release, so I think there will be plenty of opportunity whether its done in-game or via some kind of web app.

20. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

Much like the Knight Lighthouse, you'll have one. If you can't place it at first, maybe later you can get a lot with water access that you can place it on.

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.