Co-Ownership

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Abydos, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Hi there,

I wanna buy house whit friends on KS (500$)

But we dont know if we will see Co-Ownership possibilities ?
    Will a friend of mine be able to use the house with me ? 1, 2 or 3 friends ?

Mordecai and Sir_Tim like this.
  2. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Its something many will push for, especially with intentional shortages. Hopefully theyll give more info on this

3. Master Kush

Master Kush Avatar

Supported by me.
    This would also open doors co create RP over the house. For instance, the owners of the house are from a rare lineage of nobles from the old britannia... Or are brothers which inherited the house, etc.

4. Ahjian

Ahjian Avatar

I support this too.

Please allow co-ownership of properties.

5. MetricPig

MetricPig Avatar

Also fully agree. If not co-ownership then at least allow different levels of authority for friends of houses etc.

Exodus likes this.
  6. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Exactly right MetricPig. There will obviously only be one deed. Different permissions is a must. Im also hoping for a renting system

7. kastnerd

kastnerd Avatar

A guild house with Owners, and maybe even friends with a key but can't move items?

8. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I posted this on another thread that I think would work. For co-owners, it could be that only one person "owns" the house, but can give permissions to others to even allow them to change the house and put up their own trophies. However, this would probably be hard when resolving disputes between owners. Might be less of a hassle to allow sharing but not co-ownership.

<blockquote cite="Umbrae">They did mention you would have some sort of ?permissions? on your house, so no reason players with houses couldn?t time share out their houses. After all, most people will play adventurers and explorers, so you wouldn?t be at your house all the time. It makes sense to allow others to pay a fee to use their house when they are ?away?.

Since we are talking about filtered matchmaking, the game could keep just filter out ?renter? and ?owner? out of each others world. Those that want share their house and play together could be ?roommates? and be filtered in together. All could be fee based with the ?owner? getting the rent.

As a owner you get to decorate and so on, but as a renter or roommate you see the house as is and just get your own storage. You could also use the NPC vendor, but the spoils still go to the ?owner?. The trick is figuring out evictions, but this might not be an issue if there are at least banks or something you can have for storage without a house.</blockquote>

Seon and Exodus like this.
  9. Aos_Si

Aos_Si Avatar

I completely agree with ironman and other people who propose permission system. More diverse the better: separate authorization lists for "crafting station", restocking vendor and house access at least.

Exodus likes this.
  10. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Would like to see Co-Ownership too. My husband and I play together and have a KS home, I'll probably get more out of it being the crafter type but it would be great if both of us have equal control.

11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Any answer for co-ownership ?

Exodus likes this.
  12. Maka

Maka Avatar

Seems like Co-Ownership would be pretty tough to manage. Whose account do you take money out of to pay taxes, split among all owners? What if one owner doesn't have the funds.. seems messy. I like a straight up permission system. View only for general public or locked out. Friends get can use storage, can decorate, can craft.. something simple, elegant and powerful.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Friend just had a house pledge :D i ll do too when i know i can be looted when im dead.

God likes this.
  14. Exodus

Exodus Avatar

I fully support this. I plan on playing with my wife as well and I know she will kill me if I can't share my house in some way. Please save your fellow neighbor from his wife or I will be out on the couch. I didn't promise her that this would be a possibility but I'd sure love to make this happen whether it is through levels of owner ship or what have you. Please for the sake of my marriage!!! Thank you for reading this.

Phredicon likes this.
  15. Tizon

Tizon Avatar

I like the idea of co-ownership but i just feel like this is getting too nitty gritty. If a group of people go in together to buy a house then thats a risk they have to take.

What do you call it when to bros go halves on a 12 pack?
    Cobronership.

16. Fain

Fain Avatar

Check out the updated FAQ, you can have co-owners.

Exodus and Koldar like this.
  17. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Mind if I ask you this...

If two people pitch in for a home, and both have the same permissions(build, demolish, sell), then one person sell the home with out the other person... Who gets the money? Should only the person that placed the deed be able to decided these things? Would one owner be more "powerful" over the other, or will it be equal?

I would like to see that if co-owners are allowed and someone tries to sell the home or demolish it, then all other co-owners get to vote on it. Majority oppinion rules. But what is everyone heres thoughts on this?

18. Espada

Espada Avatar

I personally believe that a "co-ownership system" where more than one individual owns the structure could have some potential negative effects and is like opening a can of worms. There should only be 1 owner who can add "friends" or "family" to the house with their respective benefits (storage, etc..). The owner decides the fate of the structure. Keep it simple.

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Whoa - necro thread from KS. *summon thread locking device*

20. TQuin

TQuin Avatar

This is a high priority for me. Probably won't play if this feature isn't planned.

Go ahead and ***** about revisiting an old thread and then consider the alternative, to ***** about bringing up a topic already addressed in another (old) discussion.

Tarsilion and Mordecai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.