For consideration: Double city lot for Dukes?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kenryuu, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Could Portalarium consider opening up a double city-lot deed for Dukes?

These could be just two regular side-by-side city lots if unless a Duke property deed is used for plot placement.

LoTM castle deeds are 4 times the size of a regular city lot. Seems to be quite the large gap there between Duke and LoTM.

Yes. The entitlement is strong with this one ;)

2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Why only Dukes? :p

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Well it could be an upgrade path for Barons on the way to Castle sized lots.

As it is, plot size from Village to City is fairly linear relative to pledge level until the massive jump from City to Castle.

Something is missing in between.

StarLord, Time Lord and Duke Jamist like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm sorry, I would think that Dukes are above being farmers...
    But on the other hand, where will they place the Oracle's head statue from our SotA store?
    Maybe stick it somewhere blocking the bridge? Or maybe use it as the anchor of their galleon?
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Ho hum. Looks like there is a lengthy thread in the Dev+ forum on this. I really should spend more time on this forum.

Time Lord and Jatvardur like this.
  6. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

I think every level deserves a lot big enough to place the largest house/castle available to them and have enough space to have a small farm or garden. Basically enough outdoor space to enjoy some other game feature. If that means that every level has its own plot size then so be it. I don't want to have to pack away my best house and settle for something smaller just to have a garden. This applies for all levels of home ownership.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

It's on the table, per Darkstarr in the Housing Deep Dive.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

Lotm pledges pay more than double the amount than Dukes. These are people that paid the TOP dollars to support the game. I think it's silly to use them as justification/reason to get a larger plot for any if the other tiers. I read this thread and there are some potential gripes such as room to place a
    Large house available and some room to farm etc, but again, don't approach it in a way that compares to LotMs as these people are the ultimate supporters of this game.

Time Lord and jamco12 like this.
  9. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

The only reason it's now more then double is because LOTM has sold out once and dukes have not. As per the original levels LOTMs paid double what dukes did but get 4 times the lots. As this increase was done for 3 stated reasons which happen to fit the dukes issues as well it's plenty of justification to request Dukes get doubled.

10. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

We should be happy with what we get for supporting the game development. I mean if you are solely focused on housing size as compared to pledge amount, then nothing would be exactly equal. Should knights get a bigger plot than citizens? Should barons then also get a bigger city lot because well dukes aren't double the amount they pay? You see if you compare using this logic, there would be no end to this. Dukes are getting a much nicer house than anyone below them, if they decide to increase your plot great, but I hope you realize that you are well rewarded already. Otherwise, hey help the team even more and upgrade to a lotm. Then you will have nobody else above to compare to and feel like you deserve more.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

No they are not. The dukes "no island" castle is not what I increased my pledge for, the duke island castle WAS the main reason I increased my pledge. The land castle is too big for the city plot and leaves not much room for anything external. Best home in game is the knight founders and the LOTM island castle.

I'm focused on maintain my pledge level value, I've never been much of a sheep and just take it. And there is no reason I should just take it, I pledged a lot of money to just stand by and watch my pledge value plummet. And I won't do it.

crachazz, Time Lord and jamco12 like this.
  12. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Because five thousand dollars is nothing? What planet are you from? If that amount is so insignificant to not be considered worthy then why don't you send me $5000 so I can up my pledge to LOTM?

You also need a history lesson:
    Kickstarter LOTM = 10000 (ten thousand).
    Kickstarter Duke = 5000 (five thousand).

Had people know that somewhere down the line that LOTMs would get a 4x city lot for only 2x the amount of Dukes we *could* have seen more LOTMs. Can't prove that, but going on the starter prices we do see a 2x difference. A LOTM at $12000 is not 4x of a Baron 3 yet they get 4x plot space (plus all the other goodies). However you want to cut it the rewards don't scale.

And what if we made a LOTM castle 8x a city lot. That would be fair right? "Hey they paid top dollar." Well, yes, they did but surely there is a point when they have been well rewarded for their generosity? Do you stop at 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x... #### it, let's make it 2048x. They paid top dollar. Ridiculous logic.

Time Lord, jamco12 and Death-Knell like this.
  13. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

You missed my point and instead added some wild assumptions (to make your argument seem stronger?)

First, you said: "Because five thousand dollars is nothing? What planet are you from? If that amount is so insignificant to not be considered worthy then why don't you send me $5000 so I can up my pledge to LOTM?"

Where did I even hint that $5000 is nothing? I'm not sure what you are getting at. I completely respect all pledges equally, my post was asking you to try a different approach when asking for things. I find "his is bigger than mine!" approach childish and probably will not be taken as seriously by the decision makers. I'm speaking from my experience in the corporate world as well as general life.

Second, According to the original prices, you are right, the pledge amount for LOTM was exactly double of Duke's pledge. So take the "more than" out of my original sentence if you want to take it to the past tense. I don't think I was THAT off base to warrant a defensive "history lesson" comment, and it didn't affect my point at all.

Finally, let me remind that I'm not saying Dukes don't deserve all of the special treatments that they deserve. Hey if you think you deserve more things for your pledge, that's your right. However, using LOTMs as a point of reference for your argument/demand for a bigger plot seems childish. Your reasoning (if everyone agreed it is the de-facto way to value pledges) could be used to dig into a rabbit hole that we would never get out of. For example, Knight pay around 30% more than Citizens, then should they get a ~30% bigger lot than Citizen? Right now as you know, they get the exact same lot size. I would hate for this can of worms to be opened and derail the Dev team from their main goals of making this game the best it can be.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

+2 for double-sized city lots for Dukes.

15. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

You told us LOTM paid top dollar. Your objection to Dukes' request suggests that they did not pay top dollar (or even close). This would be true if $5k was worthless. If that was not your intention you have a funny way of stating it.

There are at least 5 threads on the same topic. None of the points are new. Watching the same arguments come up is frustrating. All points have been answered, yet there is still disagreeance. This is one for the devs to decide upon.

In a previous thread there is talk of symmetry. What we are saying is that the risk / cost / reward matrix was already established during KS. There was no need to change it.

LOTMs (and Dukes) are the people who need charity the least, I would have left the rewards alone but if they increase LOTMs then it is a simple enough request to push Dukes.

No one is asking for Dukes to also get Castle lots. Nor for a 3x city lot. The request was specific and logical. We should wonder why didn't LOTMs get a 2x city lot? That probably would have killed any dissent before it even arose.

16. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

What you don't seem to be understanding, or at least twisting to your own ends is the size issue.

I paid $2000 to go from baron to duke. But when looking at both pledge levels what's the difference?
    Or to put it another way, look at the baron level, you see how it has sold out twice and is working on it's third. Where Dukes have not even sold out once. Why is that? Does baron get some reward that is so much better then the Dukes?
    NO. The issue is both get a city plot, why would someone pay $5000 when you can get the same lot for thousands less. This is about pledge level differences. Why was LOTMs lots increased to 4? one of the reasons was to make a bigger difference between dukes and LOTMs. So, using that same logic why can't dukes get a second lot to make their pledge level "more unique". Especially since the dev's stiffed us on the dukes island castle, which by the way was the biggest reason I made the $2000 jump to Duke. The FTC would call that "bait and switch"

17. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

The Castle lot is the size of 4-city lots. Increasing the size of the Duke lot to 2-city lots fills in the gap and makes things more consistent. Balance is good.

[​IMG]

StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  18. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

I am just providing my perspective. I am not here to judge or make a call, as you and I both said, it's up to the Devs. My issue now is only with your approach, maybe it's because you have spoken about this issue multiple times and that's why your reply with some attitude towards me. I do however ask again that you don't twist my words. Just because I insinuated that LOTM paid a lot more than Dukes, doesn't mean I believe that $5k is worthless. In fact, it means quite the opposite in this case, do you see that?

It seems to be very difficult to strike up a conversation here without being side-tracked and my wording being twisted and picked out for the sake of argument, so I will just say good luck with everything to you. I know a few Duke pledges here and they are good guys, so if Dukes get the increased size I'm sure they deserve it for the support given to the Dev team.

Time Lord and Jatvardur like this.
  19. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

I'm not sure how I've twisted anything. I stated 2 facts, an opinion, followed by examples of more facts. Like I said above good luck, I hope you get everything that you demand, and that the Dev team respond to your accusation of "bait and switch".

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I think it is the direct comparison that you made between LOTMs and Dukes where you implied that the Dukes were significantly less important. Your wording implied even if that was not your intention. There was no twisting as we see it. This post however (that I quote) sounds far more reasonable and puts Dukes and LOTMs on a more balanced footing.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.